Ticket Ballots for Home Games

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Didnt see it posted, but this has been extended to Away games too.

90% sold on loyalty points system remaining 10% put to a ballot

Didnt see it posted, but this has been extended to Away games too.

90% sold on loyalty points system remaining 10% put to a ballot
Twitter hates it (obviously - Twitter hates everything), but @ 10% I think the club has got it right. We're all blades, everyone has the right to a chance at a ticket but this still protects the most loyal

Twitter hates it (obviously - Twitter hates everything), but @ 10% I think the club has got it right. We're all blades, everyone has the right to a chance at a ticket but this still protects the most loyal
Taking off 10% of away tickets will simply effect one “bracket” more than others.

The 10% may be the diffrence between the sale of tickets reaching day 4 35k+ loyalty points, for a rough example.

Seems unfair on that particular group of people, in reality a lot of high profile away game tickets are through friends of corporate/ticket office/who you know. Weeding out a lot of the “favours” would help distribute tickets more fairly.

Cheers

Quick read raises a question

"A: A ballot will only become live once an away game has sold out - games getting to general sale do not have the demand to require a ballot."

So we can sell tickets through a ballot after an away game has sold out? Eh?

Cheers

Quick read raises a question

"A: A ballot will only become live once an away game has sold out - games getting to general sale do not have the demand to require a ballot."

So we can sell tickets through a ballot after an away game has sold out? Eh?
Sold out in this case = 10% left.

It's a sticking plaster on a systemic problem caused by loyalty points having no expiration date. I think I could stop going to game for four or five years and be guaranteed a ticket for a huge away game the following season. Maybe longer if I just avoided away games for that period. For me, I should be at the back of the queue by then. It is the bottom 10% of people who would've had the requisite points to guarantee a ticket whose tickets are effectively now in the ballot. On another note: I noticed that they make you buy tickets for your age range now. This is a good method to stop people topping up their points with kids tickets for matches they have no intention of attending. Or buying tickets on their account for others.

It's a sticking plaster on a systemic problem caused by loyalty points having no expiration date. I think I could stop going to game for four or five years and be guaranteed a ticket for a huge away game the following season. Maybe longer if I just avoided away games for that period. For me, I should be at the back of the queue by then. It is the bottom 10% of people who would've had the requisite points to guarantee a ticket whose tickets are effectively now in the ballot. On another note: I noticed that they make you buy tickets for your age range now. This is a good method to stop people topping up their points with kids tickets for matches they have no intention of attending. Or buying tickets on their account for others.
I totally agree on the principle of this. However my challenge is the fact that for the majority of the last 10 / 20 years there has been plenty of chance for people to get points. Like yourself I have enough but my lads also have, and 1 of them is 17. So the new system just penalises 1 group. If we could ever establish ourselves as a top tier team then I would 100% support a timed out approach. Until then it’s a problem I don’t think we need to solve. QPR away and someone on 45k plus
Points gets dropped for a raffle. ? Totally respect the differing views on the matter but for what it’s worth mine are above ! Swansea away …… less than 1k and 10% in a raffle ?

Double lottery hassle for those who live away from Sheffield who can’t rely on coaches/mates for a lift..

1. Will enough of us get a ticket
2. Will Sky fuck up the work/train/hotel/domestic happiness plans by moving the times/dates of the games

Sorry love I will be staying the night in Blackburn now as I just can’t get back, oh and it’s not on that day anymore it’s changed. Yes, I know your Mum was coming down and no Shirley from accounts is not going….

I spy domestic grief this season especially when we do well..

Why am I never asked when extensive consultations and surveys are undertaken? And don't say "who said that?"

What's needed is a Roy type survey on what other clubs do to find our true path to enlightenment.

How about a first through the door sale for season ticket holders followed by a percentage on general sale? The phone lines and world wide internet might crash but hey!

Or go old school, paper tickets on sale only from the ticket office from 4am on a bollocks freezing morning in December (camping out optional) that would sort the sperm providers out from the potential future sperm providers!

Perhaps I have just answered my own opening question though? 🤔

You’d have to go for Carlisle game over 1,000 times, as a new fan and hope that those in the highest points brackets don’t go to a single one of them, just to catch up.

I know, I'm being facetious :) With two young kids, but shed loads of points myself, any tweak is likely helpful for them if they become interested.

Though there's also a lot of older people on Facebook it seems to have escaped that there has been lots and lots of opportunity to see the Blades in the last decade plus with no difficulty getting a ticket in the slightest which would have built them some points... We aren't one of the top 4 with 1000s of tourists and waiting lists.

I know, I'm being facetious :) With two young kids, but shed loads of points myself, any tweak is likely helpful for them if they become interested.

Though there's also a lot of older people on Facebook it seems to have escaped that there has been lots and lots of opportunity to see the Blades in the last decade plus with no difficulty getting a ticket in the slightest which would have built them some points... We aren't one of the top 4 with 1000s of tourists and waiting lists.
Thought you might, but I saw someone arguing a similar point on Twitter.

I think a reset every 3-5 years is probably best. I think other clubs do something similar.

A few of my friends are Chelsea fans. They have an Away Season Ticket. You stump up the money before the season starts. And your away match ticket comes through the post before every game.

A few of my friends are Chelsea fans. They have an Away Season Ticket. You stump up the money before the season starts. And your away match ticket comes through the post before every game.

Discussed with the club a few times. Can be a bit of an admin nightmare in terms of changes/allocations etc, but no idea the current take on such matters.

Pigs used to do that, I'm sure if they did it now they'd add a £10 Chansiri tax onto each game.

There's no easy fix for this. After 35 years of going to away games with the lads on the piss there comes a time when you want to take the kids. The problem is myself and my 2 lads all fall into different points categories so I usually have to wait for the points to drop to the youngests points category (to be able to sit together) at which point away tickets have usually been snapped up. It's a problem as season tickets and home cup games don't really allow for catch up. Not a gripe but not ideal for a lot of people.

Bugger all this get them Swansea tickets on sale ,will it get to general sale 😂

Would be good for folk clamouring to get a ticket for Carlisle.
I'm having a night out in Cottingham with my son.

I'm not a point pinching person so I won't be buying the points, I'll leave room for those that need them more than me.

Double lottery hassle for those who live away from Sheffield who can’t rely on coaches/mates for a lift..

1. Will enough of us get a ticket
2. Will Sky fuck up the work/train/hotel/domestic happiness plans by moving the times/dates of the games

Sorry love I will be staying the night in Blackburn now as I just can’t get back, oh and it’s not on that day anymore it’s changed. Yes, I know your Mum was coming down and no Shirley from accounts is not going….

I spy domestic grief this season especially when we do well..
I think we all have the same problem.

I live just outside Leeds so not far away but I don't drive to games and the bloody fixture planners have put some of my easiest away days into midweek meaning that I'll need stayovers for the likes of West Brom, Boro and Forest and just to add to the misery we don't know far enough in advance how many tickets we're getting for me to know if it's safe for me to book hotels and cheap trains etc.

I've already written off a planned trip to Swansea for this reason and I'm undecided about a weekend in Bournemouth as it's a bloody long way to go if my points don't get me a ticket.

I have no problem with the points system, and I know roughly where I am in the pecking order, but lack of advance information is a real pain for those of us that sit between about 1500- 2000 in the queue.

Edit: And don't get me started on PNE away on bloody Boxing Day. One of the great days out for the W Yorks rail rangers and no bloody trains running!

I live just outside Leeds so not far away but I don't drive to games and the bloody fixture planners have put some of my easiest away days into midweek meaning that I'll need stayovers for the likes of West Brom, Boro and Forest and just to add to the misery we don't know far enough in advance how many tickets we're getting for me to know if it's safe for me to book hotels and cheap trains etc.

I've already written off a planned trip to Swansea for this reason and I'm undecided about a weekend in Bournemouth as it's a bloody long way to go if my points don't get me a ticket.

I have no problem with the points system, and I know roughly where I am in the pecking order, but lack of advance information is a real pain for those of us that sit between about 1500- 2000 in the queue.

Edit: And don't get me started on PNE away on bloody Boxing Day. One of the great days out for the W Yorks rail rangers and no bloody trains running!
One of the comfort blankets from relegation was " all these great away days we can all get to again"
Cheers Fixtures Man

At least there's a designated Boxing Day driver though

Swansea is a really good example. Last time we spent two nights in Cardiff (better night out and hotels in my view) in case it was moved to Friday or Sat Eve. As we know it was switched and trains back anywhere were very limited after the game. Booking two nights is what I do now to get decent train and hotel prices, which is bonkers and expensive.

It does mean I also get bowled completely by things like cup runs. Villa in prem season and our semi at Wembley (Oldham away) being two examples which saw hotels and train tickets being used with no football watched.

Mind you on the day we should have been at Oldham we did the excellent ale trail between Stalybridge and Dewsbury. Which if I’m totally honest was probably a better day than anything watching Oldham could have offered!!

and there in lies the problem.

IF it gets too hard to watch United cause of tickets, day changes, rail issues ( fuckin bus replacement from St Pancras to Luton on August bank holiday…), cost, missus’ industrial action, Sky and feeling totally pissed off, then other pursuits develop, be that non league, European games or touring the best pubs this land can offer…

so how about 10% allocation of tickets to those who don’t have a Sheffield postcode anymore as a start…

oh and if Ipswich can sort an away season ticket system (and they do) then so can we!!

Back
Top Bottom