Three games at Wembley?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cup Final day (June 3) is after the play-off final (May 29) this season.

Peak Blades would be to win the semi, miss out on the automatics, still go into the playoff final full of optimism having finally beaten the Wembley hoodoo, lose to Wilder's Watford, then have to trudge miserably back down Wembley Way a few days later only to get taught a footballing lesson by Grimsby Town.

Unlikely, but…
cup semi final, cup final, play off final. Can you imagine our midfield on that Wembley pitch? Frightening prospect. I suppose we can only reach three if we manage to win a game at Wembley!
Three Wembley appearances- yet we have a frighteningly bad midfield 🫤

Notwithstanding the complete non-performance against a limited albeit very fit and energetic Luton side, on Saturday, I fully expect us to get past Blackburn on Sunday.

I’m not sure how much interest there will be amongst the fans for an expensive trip to Wembley, however, for a date with Brighton, Man City or Man U, especially if we’ve dropped out of the top 2.

Surely only United could get to an FA Cup semi-final that many of the fans wouldn’t be able to muster any enthusiasm for.

If we do get there, Man U might be the best draw we could get. We’re likely to lose whoever it is, but at least Man U would be an occasion - Wembley against the biggest club in the world.

Having to traipse there to see us pasted by Man City or, flamin’ Brighton & Hove Albion for crying out loud, doesn’t bear thinking about.

Unlikely, but…
cup semi final, cup final, play off final. Can you imagine our midfield on that Wembley pitch? Frightening prospect. I suppose we can only reach three if we manage to win a game at Wembley!
I'm sure the extra 5 yards of the Wembley pitch will make loads of difference...

I'm sure the extra 5 yards of the Wembley pitch will make loads of difference...
Given how immobile Fleck Norwood and Berge are over 5 yards….and then the rest of the pitch

To be fair, there’s a decent chance that we’d knock the ball about rather more in the style of some of the early season stuff when for periods, we looked a cut above the drudgery of most sides in this division.

Accepting the lack of pace or energy that we’ve already covered, it didn’t help on Saturday that the Lane pitch is an absolute state.

On the face of it, it looks alright - it’s largely green after all - but in practice it’s heavy, slow and uneven of bounce.

Having seen plenty of other games over the weekend, it must be one of the worst around. The pitch at Carrow Road, for instance, was like a bowling green, and it can’t be any coincidence that the football from both sides was quick, slick and incisive. Totally different game to watching United and Luton players taking 5 touches to bring the ball under control and shanking numerous passes and crosses into the stands.

Reactions: NAP
Best start checking and comparing rates for re-mortgaging then

Reactions: NAP
Cup Final day (June 3) is after the play-off final (May 29) this season.

Peak Blades would be to win the semi, miss out on the automatics, still go into the playoff final full of optimism having finally beaten the Wembley hoodoo, lose to Wilder's Watford, then have to trudge miserably back down Wembley Way a few days later only to get taught a footballing lesson by Grimsby Town.

If Carlsberg did Blades three Wembley trips in one season……

Still won't be as good as what Wednesday have done. They've been to Big Wembz four times in the same season. #foreverintheirshadow

Notwithstanding the complete non-performance against a limited albeit very fit and energetic Luton side, on Saturday, I fully expect us to get past Blackburn on Sunday.

I’m not sure how much interest there will be amongst the fans for an expensive trip to Wembley, however, for a date with Brighton, Man City or Man U, especially if we’ve dropped out of the top 2.

Surely only United could get to an FA Cup semi-final that many of the fans wouldn’t be able to muster any enthusiasm for.

If we do get there, Man U might be the best draw we could get. We’re likely to lose whoever it is, but at least Man U would be an occasion - Wembley against the biggest club in the world.

Having to traipse there to see us pasted by Man City or, flamin’ Brighton & Hove Albion for crying out loud, doesn’t bear thinking about.
Semi finals shouldn’t be at Wembley. I have very little enthusiasm for an expensive Wembley trip should one arise, and would be much more interested in going to a neutral venue like the Etihad or somewhere that I could more easily drive to. Wembley should only be for a final.

Unlikely, but…
1m wider x 4 m longer than BDTBL , so not that much bigger. Both Desso turf. Urban myth

1m wider x 4 m longer than BDTBL , so not that much bigger. Both Desso turf. Urban myth
Semi finals shouldn’t be at Wembley. I have very little enthusiasm for an expensive Wembley trip should one arise, and would be much more interested in going to a neutral venue like the Etihad or somewhere that I could more easily drive to. Wembley should only be for a final.
Absolutely hate the place And not just because of our record there. Soulless journey down M1. Nearly always battling with traffic from another northern team. Crap service stations. Shit atmosphere. No decent pubs nearby. Nightmare getting away after the game. Costs a fortune.

Our reserves beat Tottenham. I don’t think we’d get “pasted” by Brighton.

If we’re out of the top 2 by the time we play Blackburn…The FA Cup will become a very empty experience indeed :(

Back
Top Bottom