Thoughts on Swindon

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Due to the exceedingly dull (non) events on the pitch last night me & my sister declared Di Canio M. O. M. - back to Sheff (including a 10 min. stop) in just under 3 hours too, courtesy of said sister's Focus ST!

Nice touch from Swindon though, was the 'Away Fans' bar near away fans turnstiles, serving both food, hot drinks & booze in a warm room with big screen, seats, tables etc.

Olle, I saw you and your mate come up the steps onto the terracing at twenty past eight ish, only to be turned round and pointed back down the stairs by the steward. What a complete shitter of an evening for you that was.
I did M25 and M4 on my way to Swindon and heard on the radio that there was an accident in the Hammersmith/Chiswick area. Sorry you had such a difficult journey but if it's any consolation, you didn't miss much.

Can't argue much with both the OP and your view of events last night. It's so frustrating to see such a negative approach by Wilson. It was crying out for some pace and guile up front with Miller the obvious choice to replace a poor Blackman. But no, he brings Cresswell on and settles for the draw against an average team that was there for the taking.

Incredible support by over 800 Blades last night and the award for Cheeky Bastard of the Year goes to the six fingered Wiltshire twat who seemed surprised we didn't take more. Never mind us singing " Will you come to Bramall Lane?", we should have replaced this with "Do you know where Sheffield is?"

A hundred and sixty odd miles, a cold tuesday night in the middle of nowhere and twenty five quid for a ticket? Fuck off Swindon fans, you ignorant set of twats.

And £3.70 a pint in the '71 club on top of £25 to get in. Bizarrely, we were among the last to finish off our ale in there and the stewards let us go through the door at the back of the bar directly into the away area without showing the bastard tickets anyway.

Olle, I saw you and your mate come up the steps onto the terracing at twenty past eight ish, only to be turned round and pointed back down the stairs by the steward. What a complete shitter of an evening for you that was.
I did M25 and M4 on my way to Swindon and heard on the radio that there was an accident in the Hammersmith/Chiswick area. Sorry you had such a difficult journey but if it's any consolation, you didn't miss much.

Can't argue much with both the OP and your view of events last night. It's so frustrating to see such a negative approach by Wilson. It was crying out for some pace and guile up front with Miller the obvious choice to replace a poor Blackman. But no, he brings Cresswell on and settles for the draw against an average team that was there for the taking.

Incredible support by over 800 Blades last night and the award for Cheeky Bastard of the Year goes to the six fingered Wiltshire twat who seemed surprised we didn't take more. Never mind us singing " Will you come to Bramall Lane?", we should have replaced this with "Do you know where Sheffield is?"

A hundred and sixty odd miles, a cold tuesday night in the middle of nowhere and twenty five quid for a ticket? Fuck off Swindon fans, you ignorant set of twats.

Ey up Blackheath. Yep, we walked up (naively) looking for our seats. There were some blokes in them, so we looked for some empty one's. That's when the heavy handed steward came down and started sheparding us down the steps. Twat.

On top of all this, I got a £40 parking fine. I parkked in an Aldi car park and got stung. You are only allowed in there for an hour and a half. Because we were rushing to get to the ground, we did not spot the signs. So BladeInThatcham, moDtheGod and Balham Blade all paid £50 to watch that shite (hainv to pay twice, as their tickets were in the car with me) and my whole evening cost the best part of 100 quid. I am not averse to paying £100 for the day watching United, but usually that is with a gallon plus of ale inside me (and it is a damn sight more fun).

Brentford is definately a no goer now.

Ey up Blackheath. Yep, we walked up (naively) looking for our seats. There were some blokes in them, so we looked for some empty one's. That's when the heavy handed steward came down and started sheparding us down the steps. Twat.

On top of all this, I got a £40 parking fine. I parkked in an Aldi car park and got stung. You are only allowed in there for an hour and a half. Because we were rushing to get to the ground, we did not spot the signs. So BladeInThatcham, moDtheGod and Balham Blade all paid £50 to watch that shite (hainv to pay twice, as their tickets were in the car with me) and my whole evening cost the best part of 100 quid. I am not averse to paying £100 for the day watching United, but usually that is with a gallon plus of ale inside me (and it is a damn sight more fun).

Fuck me Olle, did you run over a black cat on the way to Swindon or summat? That's a belter of a story mate, the icing on the cake no doubt was having to watch the load of tripe that both teams served up.

Shame you cant make this saturday, hopefully will see you at Crawley next month.

Ollessendro - dont pay the fine.

It isn`t a fine, its an invoice for a contract you never fairly entered into.

Ollessendro - dont pay the fine.

It isn`t a fine, its an invoice for a contract you never fairly entered into.

I would not normally pay the fine SellyOakBlade, as it is with one of these shithouse private parking companies. I was looking at Money Saving Expert and other forums and the law is pretty grey in this area. i9 was thinking, ah fuck it they're not going to try and take me to court over £40. However, I was using a rental car (Zip Car - where you can rent cars in London by the hour). Hence I figured it is better to (begrudglingly) pay it. The parking company will harass Zip Car if I do not pay and then that will come back to me (probably resulting in Zip car paying it or shutting my account). There's something in the Zip Car agreement about paying fines and therefore I think I just need to take it on the chin.

Blackheath Blade - I'll be at Crawley for sure. Shame about Sat-di, but just one of those things. Plus, I have fond memories of Brentford last year. They might be eroded with an afternoon getting wet, freezing my bollocks off on the terrace and watching us lose (plus having to put up with @moDtheGod's bollocks and watch tubbby SwissBlade eat his way around West London) ;)

Ollessendro you will probably get an additional "handling fee" from the rental company as well..

I'll be eating my way around London for sure. Can't believe you're bottling this one.... Is it because there is a threat that Highbury_Blade will force his veggie pies on us?

Back
Top Bottom