This time last year.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

steve26272

Reaction score
If someone would have offered us Villa's position, would we have accepted it?

Even viewed through the most red & white tinted glasses we all expected a tough season

So to be going into the last game with fate in our hands, in my opinion would have not been ideal, but acceptable.
(however we all know how that can end!)

couple of stats for when the knockers start again if we loose to Southampton

SUFC v Villa & Norwich combined
points 54 v 55
goals conceded 36 v 136
games won 14 v 14
games drawn 12 v 13
games lost 11 v 47
squad value 120m v 366m
transfer spend 61m v 145m

In summary, we have over achieved this season. To be sat above Arsenal, Everton, Palace and WH with one game to go is a stunning result
We can all accept we need a 15+ goal scorer, bit more pace and creativity, but no one has a right to win every game

To see some on here calling out the team, and even worse individuals when we have registered the above is in my opinion unacceptable

Hopefully we can go out with a bang, but win loose or draw I hope the lads get a good break and come back next season, to a few quality additions and raring to go

The worse we can finish this season is 10th, I would take that for next season right now.

Really going to enjoy watching the battles in the Premiership and Championship whilst we're sitting pretty and wondering which players to poach

10th next season will be a bigger achievement than it has been this season.
We have been the surprise package + the PL will not underestimate us next season.
Plus the new teams will be stronger than those dropping down.
If there is one manager who can rise to this challenge , it's CW , so we wish him a successful transfer window.
It's going to be intriguing to see how he strengthens.

I guess if I'd have the chance to play the games out or skip right to the end I'd have still taken our chances on playing it out. But if we were in Villa's position right now, with everything to play for, I'd have said we'd made a good go of things.

When the fixture lists came out I looked through and was trying to figure out where enough wins would come from, and I reckoned we could nick a few on the way with our style of play but I was far from confident of it being enough.

Even viewed through the most red & white tinted glasses we all expected a tough season

So to be going into the last game with fate in our hands, in my opinion would have not been ideal, but acceptable.

points 54 v 55
goals conceded 36 v 136
games won 14 v 14
games drawn 12 v 13
games lost 11 v 47
squad value 120m v 366m

In summary, we have over achieved this season. To be sat above Arsenal, Everton, Palace and WH with one game to go is a stunning result
We can all accept we need a 15+ goal scorer, bit more pace and creativity, but no one has a right to win every game

To see some on here calling out the team, and even worse individuals when we have registered the above is in my opinion unacceptable

Hopefully we can go out with a bang, but win loose or draw I hope the lads get a good break and come back next season, to a few quality additions and raring to go

The worse we can finish this season is 10th, I would take that for next season right now.
No ! I could not cope with watching another final day going against us in the last few minutes.
I would have taken WHU’s position.

Would I have accepted Villa’s position going into the last match? No way! With the 13-year curse, we would have been set up for another disaster. I had already arranged to be away for the last match, but both match and travel ended up cancelled. I can now stay at home safely in May 2033! Thanks to CW/AK and the wonderful team.

10th next season will be a bigger achievement than it has been this season.
We have been the surprise package + the PL will not underestimate us next season.
Plus the new teams will be stronger than those dropping down.
If there is one manager who can rise to this challenge , it's CW , so we wish him a successful transfer window.
It's going to be intriguing to see how he strengthens.
Keen, I don't think generally the opposition have underestimated us, these teams are very professional and do their homework, early on? Possibly to an extent, but we have just been a better team than anyone expected including ourselves, next season tougher? Quite possibly but I would back us to have a similar season to this, any confidence I have all comes from wilder and knill.

points 54 v 55
goals conceded 36 v 136
games won 14 v 14
games drawn 12 v 13
games lost 11 v 47
squad value 120m v 366m

You are (Like many) are living in the past! we now never look down - only up - we want (and so does CW) European football,
Relegation thinking and survival thinking is in the past - look up and see the future - the City is Red - Red & White, Europe (not the EU) is our footballing future.

The King is dead - Long live the King.

UTB

No, I wouldn't have accepted us being in Villa's position.

I predicted us to comfortably stay up and we have.

Hope your right mate
Thing is this season has been an opportunity that may not be repeated next

We have seen, and taken points from, teams who would expect to beat us in a period of transition
Spurs, Chelsea, Everton, Arsenal & Manure

That said next season hopefully we will be stronger thought to balance this

However maybe after 40 yrs a Blade, we are born with humility and pessimism

Imagine if the massive (scrubbers) over there finished 8/9/10th
They would be winning the league, invincibles on 100 points havin signed Leo fuckin Messi since he demanded a transfer from the neu camp to the buket de rust

Back
Top Bottom