"this is not what we want to see...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

haich1889

Len Badger my 1st hero
Reaction score
in sport!!

Have you ever known anyone turn away from a scrap on the football pitch or in other sporting arena??
OR
Is it the only time the whole stadium stand up to watch & usually cheer??

Seems to me the only people that condemn a good scrap are the commentators.

Apart from the obvious 'battle of Bramall Lane' i remember Micky Speight have a proper scrap with a Leicester player when we were relegated one season. He only got a yellow card.

you can't beat a bit of this:

or this

Last edited:

Anyone else remember a night match when we played Norwich and Eddie Colquhoun and Phil bowyer set about each other on the half way line for a full minute whilst the referee followed the play to the Bramall lane end unaware of what had kicked off

Anyone else remember a night match when we played Norwich and Eddie Colquhoun and Phil bowyer set about each other on the half way line for a full minute whilst the referee followed the play to the Bramall lane end unaware of what had kicked off
Yes I remember it well ,we had got Norwich rocking and maybe would have gone on to draw or win the game.
Unfortunately the sendings off effected us more than them and the game just died.
It was one of the rare occasions that team looked like having a crack at a cup competition.
Eddie had a short fuse and Bowyer obviously upset him .I was angry at Eddie for reacting to the bait as in my opinion it cost us the game.
Cup runs were rare with Blades in the 70,s.
We got to the same round with brum around that time and that was another game we blew at the lane.
Trevor Hockey played for them in that game.
It was before he played for us ( right wing )

Yes I remember it well ,we had got Norwich rocking and maybe would have gone on to draw or win the game.
Unfortunately the sendings off effected us more than them and the game just died.
It was one of the rare occasions that team looked like having a crack at a cup competition.
Eddie had a short fuse and Bowyer obviously upset him .I was angry at Eddie for reacting to the bait as in my opinion it cost us the game.
Cup runs were rare with Blades in the 70,s.
We got to the same round with brum around that time and that was another game we blew at the lane.
Trevor Hockey played for them in that game.
It was before he played for us ( right wing )
1585402238492.png

1585402265150.png

1585402308982.png

1585402330750.png

I remember Eddie Colquhoun once being felled by an absolute shocker of a tackle by an opposition player. Despite obviously being badly injured, Eddie got up off the deck and managed to punch the opposition player several times in the stomach as he unavoidably crumpled back to the ground. I'm not sure who it was against but I'm pretty certain the opposing player got his marching orders. I don't think Colquhoun was even booked but he may well have been carted off injured.

I remember Eddie Colquhoun once being felled by an absolute shocker of a tackle by an opposition player. Despite obviously being badly injured, Eddie got up off the deck and managed to punch the opposition player several times in the stomach as he unavoidably crumpled back to the ground. I'm not sure who it was against but I'm pretty certain the opposing player got his marching orders. I don't think Colquhoun was even booked but he may well have been carted off injured.
Can't remember what game or yr but remember Eddie going down injured in our area think he was holding his head I was in blut and he looked up laughed and winked at the crowd , think the oppo player got booked half the blut were pissing themselves , loved Eddie btw ⚔

Norman Hunter showing just how hard he his when he comes up against Franny Lee.

John Motson “i’m wondering if they might have been sent off” LOL

Two points here:. Why else would they both be walking off the pitch and surely even in the 70’s you weren’t allowed to have a full blown brawl and get away with it?

Who is the blond haired Leeds player who goes leaping into the melee and comes a cropper? McQueen?

Not a bad right from Jonny Giles to start it all?

At the time Bremner and Keegan were both columnists for Shoot! Even at the age of 8 I realised that they were never in the Shoot! offices at the same time, if indeed ever at all, but I do remember that following issue made good reading.

Back
Top Bottom