This is mental… but

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ye agree about Slav but how anyone can say heckingbottom deserves it is beyond me. Fair enough till end of the season but a 4 year deal is ridiculous. Definition of no ambition
Cant argue with that the 4 year deal is surprising to say the least, Hecky not really in a position to demand it based on past history, then again if he did, I have no doubt its been countered with various clauses re points/position etc

Why the fuck have they given him a 5 year contract? It's hardly like he's at risk of being poached by another club and just means we'll no doubt have to pay him more money to get rid of him in the summer or next winter.
So he can continue the journey right down to league 2

I take it you can see into the future? Honestly some of the bollox alot of fans are coming out with makes you laugh.
Oh OK it's a superb appointment. So superb it's amazing we could easily have appointed him in the summer but didn't

We weren't going anywhere under Slav, it just wasnt working, no disrespect to Coventry but they were nothing special, to say we defended well and were building on something doesn't add up, likewise Reading who by all accounts were or are awful, we scraped to a 1 nil win, be honest if we had drawn or lost at Reading and Flecks injury hadnt happened, more people would have been jumping on the Slav out bandwagon.

Hecky knows the club and players inside out, deserves a chance and time to be proved right or wrong.

Why does he deserve a chance? What has he done in a first team football managers position previously to state that he deserves a chance?

This decision is an absolute joke and appointing this clown just about sums it up.

Paul Heckingbottom can fuck right off for me.

It's an absolutely appalling appointment. May as well just say we have no interest in anything other than stating in this league while we sell off anyone we can. Prince has no business using us as his toy. Not got a fucking clue what he's doing. Attendances will start dropping soon after todays nonsense.
Attendances will only drop if results go down the pan, until that happens we all need to chill a bit, as strange as today's events have been, let's just wait and see. UTB

Why does he deserve a chance? What has he done in a first team football managers position previously to state that he deserves a chance?

This decision is an absolute joke and appointing this clown just about sums it up.

Paul Heckingbottom can fuck right off for me.
So who has shown they deserve the chance, Warnock, Alex Neale, Farke, Terry ?

It's an absolutely appalling appointment. May as well just say we have no interest in anything other than stating in this league while we sell off anyone we can. Prince has no business using us as his toy. Not got a fucking clue what he's doing. Attendances will start dropping soon after todays nonsense.
We cannot start to judge whether it is a good or bad appointment until he has has two transfe4 windows and a summer to work with the revitalised squad.
It’s not as if ther3 are queues of top class candidates racing to Sheffield !

Does that mean laughing stock to over 50s?
I’m not sure but I think it means the club doesn’t take itself seriously and just lurches from one extreme to the other with what appears to be very little thought process.

It's clear the owners don't want to invest in players and that's caused friction between them and Slav, much like it did with Wilder. So now they've just lumped with Heckingbottom cos he probably does what he's told and won't ask to sign players. Shows 0 ambition.
The prince is turning into that prick what owns pigs...ffs.

Certainly, which out of work manager deserves the chance, or add in a couple of lower league managers as well, Nuno? Never in a million years, Terry, Lampard ? Warne?
TBH, Farke would not be my choice, but has a far better pedigree than the clown appointment.

There many other managers currently in a job, that I would have preferred to interview as well.

It’s not Heckingbottoms fault. I was very much in the ‘Slav In’ camp, but what’s happened has now happened. We need to back Hecks, the players & the club as much as possible… derision can be aimed at the owner at will.

Thinking critically about it, Hecks is probably the best man for the job (albeit a 5 year contract is very surprising). He knows the club, the players, the ‘system’ which we all know is coming back now & the kids that maybe able to make the step up more than anyone else in football. Short term, I can see performances & results improving, long term… I’m concerned.

I’m not throwing my toys out of the pram just yet, but my arm is very much prepared with my favourite teddy.
5 years where HRH dont spend owt

Not this season, all the season tickets will see to that (in official attendances not actual) but next season might be different. Covid hit families hard, can i afford season tickets for me my four kids and daughter in law next season? Actually more to the point can i justify the expense, plus train fares? Unconditional support is one thing but unconditional expenditure when the club is going the other way? Just don't know.

TBH, Farke would not be my choice, but has a far better pedigree than the clown appointment.

There many other managers currently in a job, that I would have preferred to interview as well.
Compensation for Slav and his team unless there was a time/points/position clause, more compensation then for a manager and his team at another club, is still a gamble, everything is a gamble, what Hecky Mccall and Lester have is knowledge of the club, the fans and what makes everyone tick, add in Hecky and McCall were here in our most successful spells, they saw how CW and Warnock worked, add in the knowledge of the U23s and Hecky promoting Jebbison, Ndiaye, Seriki to the first team last season, and the complaints re Slav starting Norwood and Fleck every game this year

Well - i'll bring a bit of positivity to this thread !

The club has decided to bring the youth set up on to the 1st team stage with the added benefit of an old experienced player that we all loved, who now has the added benefit of some coaching/managing experience behind him.

Perhaps it will fail, but then perhaps a rebuild period bringing some of the youth AND getting rid of most of the CW legacy players is actually what is needed. There is logic in there and we do have a few decent young players to bring through to a cut down squad that many on here have complained is "old guard" and past it.

I am sure the club said (pre SJ) that the next manager would buy into the 3 at the back culture - Slav hasn't done that and it was always going to be the case that a large amount of the squad would have had to be changed to suit the Slav style. Back him or sack him was mentioned numerous times on here. Well they've sacked him as we probably couldn't afford to support him that way that would have been needed. Our present first 11 wasn't good enough to play how SJ wanted it to - and how many players would we ideally need to be brought in to make it better? 4, 5, 6, perhaps more. Our shit start trying to play with 4 at the back simply wasn't working - the majority of half decent opposition had us sussed out and we were easy to play against and turn over. The Slav experiment was probably well intended, it just wasn't going to work so best to get rid quickly.

The new management team will have a different role - move some of the old, very well paid, CW squad on and start again. Get some youngsters brought through ie: N'diaye / Jebbison / Bogle / RND, persuade some of the better older players to stay and build again.

I get that some of you on here are pissed off - what you going to do? support the club or slag the club for the next 2 to 3 years, because there won't be anything else on offer.

We start and go again on Sunday - have a commiseration beer tonight, have a personal rant and who knows - it might just work !!

It could actually be worse - we could play our football in S6. We could easily have ended up that way too as we were potentially on a slippery slope with the Slav experiment.

Play offs are still on by the way - this season is way from finished.

UTB

Here we go again, buckle up and hold on tight blades.
It's very clear we really haven't got a pot to piss in.
I don't expect any business in the JTW.
Who would of thought 2 years ago this was at our door.
You certainly fooled me SUFC.
Ahh well, let's see what happens.
UTB

Why such a long contract? Fucking mental descison. Id be surprised if he lasts until the end of the season

SACK THE BOARD!

I'm wondering whether these managers are in on it

Take a job on with a long contract knowing they will be sacked months later and receive a handsome severance deal which they are obliged to split 50/50 with the Prince. Would be a genius way to siphon funds out of the club untraced

Well - i'll bring a bit of positivity to this thread !

The club has decided to bring the youth set up on to the 1st team stage with the added benefit of an old experienced player that we all loved, who now has the added benefit of some coaching/managing experience behind him.

Perhaps it will fail, but then perhaps a rebuild period bringing some of the youth AND getting rid of most of the CW legacy players is actually what is needed. There is logic in there and we do have a few decent young players to bring through to a cut down squad that many on here have complained is "old guard" and past it.

I am sure the club said (pre SJ) that the next manager would buy into the 3 at the back culture - Slav hasn't done that and it was always going to be the case that a large amount of the squad would have had to be changed to suit the Slav style. Back him or sack him was mentioned numerous times on here. Well they've sacked him as we probably couldn't afford to support him that way that would have been needed. Our present first 11 wasn't good enough to play how SJ wanted it to - and how many players would we ideally need to be brought in to make it better? 4, 5, 6, perhaps more. Our shit start trying to play with 4 at the back simply wasn't working - the majority of half decent opposition had us sussed out and we were easy to play against and turn over. The Slav experiment was probably well intended, it just wasn't going to work so best to get rid quickly.

The new management team will have a different role - move some of the old, very well paid, CW squad on and start again. Get some youngsters brought through ie: N'diaye / Jebbison / Bogle / RND, persuade some of the better older players to stay and build again.

I get that some of you on here are pissed off - what you going to do? support the club or slag the club for the next 2 to 3 years, because there won't be anything else on offer.

We start and go again on Sunday - have a commiseration beer tonight, have a personal rant and who knows - it might just work !!

It could actually be worse - we could play our football in S6. We could easily have ended up that way too as we were potentially on a slippery slope with the Slav experiment.

Play offs are still on by the way - this season is way from finished.

UTB

A rebuild period in League One you mean.

We will be lucky for any sustained period below the Championship cos if we fall through the door with these wages on our books we are screwed. Perhaps irrevocably

Here we go again, buckle up and hold on tight blades.
It's very clear we really haven't got a pot to piss in.
I don't expect any business in the JTW.
Who would of thought 2 years ago this was at our door.
You certainly fooled me SUFC.
Ahh well, let's see what happens.
UTB
There will be plenty of business done within the JTW, it will be just one way.

Back
Top Bottom