Thickest team we’ve ever had

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We bring in players without footballing brains, so yes, they are going to be thick.
Brains and vision are everything in football, a quick minded footballer will outdo a quick legged one in 90% of the situations that can arise in a game.

We've decided decades ago that we don't need clever players, as long as they have pashun and oooof they can play for us.
When pashun and oooof doesn't work, you end up with a pathetic bunch like ours that would look more at home on a building site.

There's a difference between academic brains and footballing brains.

Look no further than someone like Wayne Rooney who was ridiculed for being thick throughout his career but had one of the best footballing brains ever. Equally, he has a footballing brain but doesn't have the intelligence to get that across to players who aren't as good as him, which is most of them, hence why his managerial career has been an utter flop.

Besides Ancelotti and Guardiola, most of the best managers were never top class players - they are students of the game and arguably, students of people who knew how to find a way to get the best out of them, both motivationally and tactically. Roy Keane is one who has a massive blind spot as to why someone can't do what he did, train like he did, prepare like he did or be motivated by the same things as him. No longer in management and unlikely to be again. Same as Blackwell, minus the success as a player but lack of people management skills. Turn it round to Warnock who can deal with people and is still in work and in demand at 75 when others have gone by the wayside.

While I don't think that the 2019 team we had under Wilder was exactly the brains of Britain, they were coachable and were coached into the system that they had and could follow instructions, maybe because some of them were a bit thick and just had to be told what to do. I remember an interview with Enda Stevens and someone else (forgotten who) and first thing I thought was that he could barely string two words together, yet was a key part of our little period of success.

When it came to having to think on their feet, they were found lacking because they knew nothing else than the system - we were relegated with a whimper.

The problems come when someone THINKS they're smart and they're actually stupid - probably the rabble we've got now.

That was Robbie Mustoe’s comment after the game on TV over here..
He said him and Robbie Earle have both played with teams reduced to ten men. He said you roll up your sleeves and defend like fuck but the Blades just capitulated.
Pisses me off this. Going down to 10 men should not automatically equal a five nil drubbing.

Equally, not having the same budget/quality/squad depth should not equal being smashed every week (just look at Luton to see that). Yes, you will lose most weeks, but conceding five every week is bordering on unprofessional. I wouldn't expect us to concede five if we were a Championship team drawn against a middling Prem club in the cup. We're not talking about Man City & Liverpool, we're getting our arses handed to us by Brighton/Place...even Burnley FFS.
Summat seriously wrong with this set of players at the moment. They're incapable of performing the basics and have a very questionable attitude.

Shit for brains X1?

GK?

Bogle Holgate. Anel Trusty. Larouci

Hammond. Ravel Morrison

McB. Brewster. Burke.

7 of the thickest footballers I’ve ever seen for us play for the current team.

Hammond’s foul for the penalty away at Man U was a thing of beauty. I get dumber every time I remember Oli Burke exists
That’s the goalkeeper sorted. Fuck me what a dumb fuck of a goal.

Stupid cunt.

I absolutely hate this team

There's a difference between academic brains and footballing brains.

Look no further than someone like Wayne Rooney who was ridiculed for being thick throughout his career but had one of the best footballing brains ever. Equally, he has a footballing brain but doesn't have the intelligence to get that across to players who aren't as good as him, which is most of them, hence why his managerial career has been an utter flop.

Besides Ancelotti and Guardiola, most of the best managers were never top class players - they are students of the game and arguably, students of people who knew how to find a way to get the best out of them, both motivationally and tactically. Roy Keane is one who has a massive blind spot as to why someone can't do what he did, train like he did, prepare like he did or be motivated by the same things as him. No longer in management and unlikely to be again. Same as Blackwell, minus the success as a player but lack of people management skills. Turn it round to Warnock who can deal with people and is still in work and in demand at 75 when others have gone by the wayside.

While I don't think that the 2019 team we had under Wilder was exactly the brains of Britain, they were coachable and were coached into the system that they had and could follow instructions, maybe because some of them were a bit thick and just had to be told what to do. I remember an interview with Enda Stevens and someone else (forgotten who) and first thing I thought was that he could barely string two words together, yet was a key part of our little period of success.

When it came to having to think on their feet, they were found lacking because they knew nothing else than the system - we were relegated with a whimper.

The problems come when someone THINKS they're smart and they're actually stupid - probably the rabble we've got now.
You could apply that last paragraph to some on here.
We've got some reyt experts who base opinions on assumption presented as fact.
I'd like to see a quiz between our player "thicko's" and fan "thicko's.
🤪😊.
Jimmy, Hal? Could be riveting content🤔.

Can't lie. I've blurted this out a handful of times during games this season.

Too many of our players would never be credited with footballing intelligence. At the highest level anyway.

Back
Top Bottom