They ran out of Cider at half time

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I once asked a barman in a Lake District pub what the cider they had on draught was like because I'd not seen it before. He said "It's like Strongbow but it's got apples in it and it's not shit" :D
I can't stand strongbow it really is shit as he said. Now Stella Cidre that's proper cider

Anyone ever down near Yeovil should call in at Ashill farm for some proper cider. You drive on the farm and there is a hand-painted sign on half a tree screwed to the wall of an outbuilding that says "sound horn for cider". You blow the horn and a stereotypical farmers wife comes out to unchain the door of the outbuilding. Inside there are oak casks on their sides and the stoppers are conical pieces of wood you bang in, sealed with a rag.
The cider is like wildfire
Got the Brother-In-Law some and saw him the day after he'd drank it. He said he was hallucinating and his legs didn't work reyt :D

I can't stand strongbow it really is shit as he said. Now Stella Cidre that's proper cider

Can I recommend the following for a drink of proper cider?
From the main producers, Henry Weston's oak conditioned vintage 8.2%. Sheppeys vintage 7.4%. Sheppeys single varietal Dabinett.
From the minor producers, Most of the Gwatkins range but especially Norman and Yarlington Mill and from Scotland Thistly Cross original and whiskey cask.
You may revise your opinion on Stella Cidre.

Last time I went to the Lane I bought two bottles of Carling before kick off. I drank one of them, and secreted the other near the bottom of the kop steps. Retrieved it and supped it at half time.

It was a bit flat, mind.

Last time I went to the Lane I bought two bottles of Carling before kick off. I drank one of them, and secreted the other near the bottom of the kop steps. Retrieved it and supped it at half time.

It was a bit flat, mind.

Think it only fair to put my hand up to that.
I found it,supped it.pissed in it and put it back.
My fault.

Can I recommend the following for a drink of proper cider?
From the main producers, Henry Weston's oak conditioned vintage 8.2%. Sheppeys vintage 7.4%. Sheppeys single varietal Dabinett.
From the minor producers, Most of the Gwatkins range but especially Norman and Yarlington Mill and from Scotland Thistly Cross original and whiskey cask.
You may revise your opinion on Stella Cidre.
I assumed stannyblade 's comment about Stella Cidre being proper cider was sarcastic.

Get your cider fix from Kelham Island after the game.

Back
Top Bottom