The signings Wilder wants...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is it mi apple but Barney's avatar has vanished? Has he been sort of half banned and docked an avatar for being a nuisance?

None, correct. We needed new centre halves just as much then as we do now.

You think the spoon feeding's hard work, think about the one that has to administer you it.

Club has 4 centre halves on the books (and an enormous wage bill restricting recruitment)

or club has 0 centre halves on the books (and comparatively clear decks to allow recruitment).

Yet both scenarios require a centre half signing with the exact same level of urgency?

Couldn't make it up..... well... you know, unless you were an expert in spouting agenda driven bullshit.

Club has 4 centre halves on the books (and an enormous wage bill restricting recruitment)

or club has 0 centre halves on the books (and comparatively clear decks to allow recruitment).

Yet both scenarios require a centre half signing with the exact same level of urgency?

Couldn't make it up..... well... you know, unless you were an expert in spouting agenda driven bullshit.
K. Wallace can play centre half, in fact that's where he used to play.

As can Brayford. Basham, whom many think centre half is his best position.

There's also Callum Semple pushing through.

I'd much rather have those players and 1 new one, as opposed to McEveley, Collins etc. with no new signings.

Last edited:
Is it mi apple but Barney's avatar has vanished? Has he been sort of half banned and docked an avatar for being a nuisance?
I got bored of it so I took it off.

I'm in negotiations with other avatars as we speak, a new one to be displayed in due course.

I'd much rather have those players and 1 new one, as opposed to McEveley, Collins etc. with no new signings.

. Wallace can play centre half, in fact that's where he used to play- No it's not. He used to be a midfielder converted to a left back. Adkins used him at centre half a couple of times to plug gaps. He's also on the transfer list.

Basham and Brayford "can play there" but they are not centre halves. They are a right back and a central midfielder respectively who fill in. If we put them to centre half, we would have to recruit in their positions to fill those.

Semple is a 17 year old kid who has never played professional football in his life. Last year we had Banton who fulfilled exactly the same criteria.

. Wallace can play centre half, in fact that's where he used to play- No it's not. He used to be a midfielder converted to a left back. Adkins used him at centre half a couple of times to plug gaps. He's also on the transfer list.

Basham and Brayford "can play there" but they are not centre halves. They are a right back and a central midfielder respectively who fill in. If we put them to centre half, we would have to recruit in their positions to fill those.

Semple is a 17 year old kid who has never played professional football in his life. Last year we had Banton who fulfilled exactly the same criteria.
So you'd rather have Collins, McEveley, McFadzean etc. and no signings, and not those players with new signings?

So you'd rather have Collins, McEveley, McFadzean etc. and no signings, and not those players with new signings?

Of course I wouldn't but they were under contract at the time. I would rather have say Collins, McGahey, McEveley and Kennedy than no centre halves at all or even one centre half. Not sure why McFadzean is relevant given he was a left midfielder who filled in at left back.

I got bored of it so I took it off.

I'm in negotiations with other avatars as we speak, a new one to be displayed in due course.

I hope you can get that Avatar over the line Barney. Just don't tell me it will be next week. I've heard that type of talk for the last three weeks.

The 'doom and gloomers' are in their element for a while and look at them, they love every minute.

We have now released 12? players and saved 12? salaries. Common sense says Wilder will get a proportion of those savings to spend on immediate replacements, not 12 but maybe 6.

Then we have 6? transfer listed players still with us. Seems reasonable to me that Wilder will have to wait until say 4 of those go until he gets Stage 2 of his budget which will probably be a proportion of the commensurate savings, maybe all of the savings.

In his interview Wilder identifies with the approach.

Who's to say the club won't announce 4 new signings and a new Head Scout one day soon? Where will the 'doom and gloomers' disappear to for a few days then?

Posted just 9 days ago. Indeed, where are those 'doom and gloomers' right now!!!:D

Just take a few minutes to read through the first couple of pages on this thread.:eek::rolleyes:

1. K Wallace was a central midfielder not a centre half. Makes a better left back though imo.

2. Brayford is a right back, Basham a centre mid. Square pegs round holes and all that.

3. Callum Semple is 17.

1. K Wallace was a central midfielder not a centre half. Makes a better left back though imo.

2. Brayford is a right back, Basham a centre mid. Square pegs round holes and all that.

3. Callum Semple is 17.
All irrelevant with the signings now anyway.

I hope you can get that Avatar over the line Barney. Just don't tell me it will be next week. I've heard that type of talk for the last three weeks.

No Barney will struggle to find time to change his avatar as he'll be busy come Monday stood in the ticket office queue purchasing his new ST :)

3. Callum Semple is 17.
Very true didn't see the date, my bad
By the way, I did a thread asking if we'd sign a centre half before the first pre season game, now we have 3! I'm considering doing one asking whether we'll sign McFadzean before the next one...

Back
Top Bottom