The Rhian Brewster deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The post title sounds like a good name for a jazz quartet. Glad I came on now.
AGDIH-5.jpg Pick one out o' this group, man.
LtoR front row Stuff Smith-Marian McPartland-Miff Mole-Gene Krupa-Jimmy Rushing-Roy Eldridge-Max Kaminsky & Hilton Jefferson. Laughing on right up the stairs, Dizzy Gillespie. Photo 1958.

Cardiff have had financial problems since buying the players from Lille who died in the plane crash
25m for a player who never met his team mates

Covid robbing us of about 40m in income has made it awkward for us but going up will solve any cash flow problems

bit of scat from the jazz quartet,,, nice

I might be wrong, but I think it was reported to be circa £17m with add-ons potentially taking it to the full £23m.

But for the injuries, I think he'd have already come good. When he had a run of games last season he started to look like a real player. Strong, quick, good shot, hard worker...
Outside of this, he seems a really good character and the lads seem to really like him.

It's a big shame things haven't gone as we'd have liked but these things can happen.
I'd have to disagree - even at his peak he's looked nothing more than a "few" million pound player to me.

Surely the worst business he club has ever done, even without injury. From a financial point of view, we'd be much better of if he didn't recover from injury.

From the limited minutes he's had so far he looks like a youth team lad that has been thrust into the first team before he's ready. Looks a similar level to Osula. He strikes the ball very well and from what I recall has actually missed very few chances, he just doesn't appear to have a football brain. Maybe our financial situation will play into our hands and we'll end up with a Didsy type rather than spunking big cash. In fact, a Brewster-Didsy combo would be some player (assuming it was the best of each and not the worst!).

Sad for the lad but he was the last of a number of signings which put us up the financial creek
yeah i agree just dont think its going to happen for him at the lane really hope im wrong because boy could we do with a 12/15 goal striker as well as illiman but dont think brewsters that striker

Anyone seriously hanging their hat on Brewster as a saviour is clutching at the biggest straws that anyone can clutch at. The money paid for him and McB are a good reason to have Wilder charged with gross misconduct. Tongue in cheek but my God that was a shocking use of £45MILLION.

The sort of signing that never works out for us,
The bigger the fee for a forward, the bigger the disaster

Alan Young, Peter Withe, Chris Guthrie, Steve Neville, Richard Cadette, Geoff Horsfield, Olli McBurnie, Callum Robinson, Darius Henderson, Adi Akinbiyi, Luton Shelton

We should stick to what we're not very good at instead of what we're abysmal at

We wrote off Coutts after an injury ridden start and he wrote himself into our history books. Brewster is a popular lad in the dressing room and I understand popular with staff due to his attitude and application. The fans will keep backing him 100% as I think if he gets a break, he will fly. In that run of games last season he looked shit hot.

UTRB
Indeed. Don't rule this boy out.

The lads had a fucking season bedding in during which we were thr whipping boys of the league, then sporadic appearances due to injury.

To say he's dross with such little evidence to back it up is stupid. He was never going to come in and score 20 in the prem, but he's been unlucky. Remember how 'shite' Ched apparently was? Those stating so were all pretty upset when he got sent down.

Anyone seriously hanging their hat on Brewster as a saviour is clutching at the biggest straws that anyone can clutch at. The money paid for him and McB are a good reason to have Wilder charged with gross misconduct. Tongue in cheek but my God that was a shocking use of £45MILLION.
Only in football will you walk away with a big wedge in your back pocket for gross misconduct

The lads had a fucking season bedding in during which we were thr whipping boys of the league, then sporadic appearances due to injury.

To say he's dross with such little evidence to back it up is stupid. He was never going to come in and score 20 in the prem, but he's been unlucky. Remember how 'shite' Ched apparently was? Those stating so were all pretty upset when he got sent down.
Ched was shite until we went down to League 1.

I wouldn't write him off yet, although it is likely to take him some time to regain fitness and form. My preference would be for him to go on loan to a Champ club where he'll get regular games (and hopefully goals) with a view to integrating him back into the squad in Jan.

Back
Top Bottom