The Rhian Brewster deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bennyand the Blades

Reaction score
Rhian was signed from Liverpool for the sum of £23.5 million on the second of October 2020, on a 5 year deal which included a buy back clause of £40 million up to 30 June 2023.
Sorry Rhian but I cannot see Liverpool paying us £40,million,
But judging by the trouble HRH has had in keeping up the payments, just how much do you think this signing has had on his decision to sell the club, was this a gamble to far ?

How much of the £23m was performance based? I doubt we’ve paid the full amount for him.

But judging by the trouble HRH has had in keeping up the payments, just how much do you think this signing has had on his decision to sell the club, was this a gamble to far ?
I've no idea but assuming the payments are spread over the length of the contract we will have paid £9.4 million so far with £4.7 million due this year (I assume). If he regains fitness and stays fit he might still give some value for the money paid out. Assuming part of the fee is performance related I imagine some of that will kick in (LJBlade) when we get promotion? There are quite a few assumptions - most of which are probably wrong!

How much of the £23m was performance based? I doubt we’ve paid the full amount for him.

I might be wrong, but I think it was reported to be circa £17m with add-ons potentially taking it to the full £23m.

But for the injuries, I think he'd have already come good. When he had a run of games last season he started to look like a real player. Strong, quick, good shot, hard worker...
Outside of this, he seems a really good character and the lads seem to really like him.

It's a big shame things haven't gone as we'd have liked but these things can happen.

Rhian was signed from Liverpool for the sum of £23.5 million on the second of October 2020, on a 5 year deal which included a buy back clause of £40 million up to 30 June 2023.
How much trouble has he had? How many has he missed? Why did we miss them?

Unless you know the answers you’re speculating for the sake of it

Was signing Brewster a gamble? Calculated risk like with any high cost transfer. You don’t buy players expecting them to be inhiured for sustained periods like he’s had

Massively disappointing signing for the investment plus wages, just shows how big signings for potential can go so wrong, I dread to think the total cost of him plus medical bills, insurance, NI etc

Isn't the more important question just now, what the fuck is happening on the kop these days with stewards assaulting OAPs as they struggle down to their HH seat 🤔 ...

If we judge it on the mcburnie coming good timescale he should start banging them in from next month.

We need to judge him with a full season behind him lad has something but not had a decent run due to injury's

We wrote off Coutts after an injury ridden start and he wrote himself into our history books. Brewster is a popular lad in the dressing room and I understand popular with staff due to his attitude and application. The fans will keep backing him 100% as I think if he gets a break, he will fly. In that run of games last season he looked shit hot.

UTRB

Lad has had terrible bad luck with injuries. I do wonder how thorough our medical was and how well we've handled him.

He's still got a couple of years to prove his worth. so who knows. I thought he was improving every game when he had that little run last season.

Doesn't anyone on this site understand irony ... ?!!
Isnt that that thing your missus does sometimes, when she covers the room in clothes and stands next to that keyboard stand thing, moaning??

Back
Top Bottom