The ref

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Contrast Huddersfields winner with the goal Manchester City had disallowed for the attackers foot grazing the defenders calf. it's like a different game.

And that tackle by Huddersfield player in 1st half SS side. Hard but arguably fair.

Red card in prem. Championship no foul.

Late in tonight cos of after match drinkippoooos.

Has anyone done the VAR lines to confirm just how far offside he was ??

I’d like to know 😡.

UTB

Just seen back the winner. Davies was weak and was shoved off it too easily. Not sure refs are giving fouls for that at all. Our players are soft as shit and this theme continues.

Ref was rubbish and did not penalise time wasting all game but not sure he can be blamed for another pathetic piece of defending.
Totally agree. It’s a contact sport. The PL might be reduced to sodding ballet and theatrics but it’s about time we all remembered that you have to out muscle the opposition when the ball is there to be won. Players bouncing off one another and going down in heap? Its bullshit. There was no foul he just wasn’t strong enough

Just seen Fulham blocking defenders at a corner and getting away with it. It's getting like American Football!

Late in tonight cos of after match drinkippoooos.

Has anyone done the VAR lines to confirm just how far offside he was ??

I’d like to know 😡.

UTB

Not sure he was offside? Looked like the ball was pulled back or the player who scored was behind the ball when it was crossed in. I think it looked correct. Just shite defending.

Officials were garbage but we have to overcome these. They will be shit every week and we need to be better and adapt.

Not sure he was offside? Looked like the ball was pulled back or the player who scored was behind the ball when it was crossed in. I think it looked correct. Just shite defending.

Officials were garbage but we have to overcome these. They will be shit every week and we need to be better and adapt.
As I say.

Id love to know for sure !!

UTB.

ps the ball was 100% played forward and, from my perch, their lad was 3-5 yards offside.

Having bitched about var, I must consider how it might have come to our assistance today.

Just seen back the winner. Davies was weak and was shoved off it too easily. Not sure refs are giving fouls for that at all. Our players are soft as shit and this theme continues.

Ref was rubbish and did not penalise time wasting all game but not sure he can be blamed for another pathetic piece of defending.
Cant understand how you can say Davies was weak ! he's not a physical player but he was pushed to the ground from behind.
Not a VAR fan but that would have been disallowed, was a blatant foul all day long.
He gave us nothing all match and that decision or lack of it was typical his performance

Cant understand how you can say Davies was weak ! he's not a physical player but he was pushed to the ground from behind.
Not a VAR fan but that would have been disallowed, was a blatant foul all day long.
He gave us nothing all match and that decision or lack of it was typical his performance

Not for me. He leant into him and did not have his arms outstretched to push.

Weak defending. Went to ground way too easily. Interesting barely a player appealed (a few appealed for offside after)

We don;t have VAR at the Championship so we need to adapt. Getting sick of fans saying this team are dirty or the ref is rubbish. They may be right but it aint going to change. We either adapt or keep whining about it and getting outmuscled every week.

As I say.

UTB.

ps the ball was 100% played forward and, from my perch, their lad was 3-5 yards offside.

Having bitched about var, I must consider how it might have come to our assistance today.
They froze it on the Quest highlights and the scorer was behind the guy who crossed it in

Not for me. He leant into him and did not have his arms outstretched to push.

Weak defending. Went to ground way too easily. Interesting barely a player appealed (a few appealed for offside after)

We don;t have VAR at the Championship so we need to adapt. Getting sick of fans saying this team are dirty or the ref is rubbish. They may be right but it aint going to change. We either adapt or keep whining about it and getting outmuscled every week.
Yes agree with the outmuscled bit and I think that is going to be an on going weakness all season.
But like you Deadbat I stick to my opinion a foul all day long especially on the edge of the box.

Yes agree with the outmuscled bit and I think that is going to be an on going weakness all season.
But like you Deadbat I stick to my opinion a foul all day long especially on the edge of the box.

Watched it again on Quest. Murray and Ashton both said it was not a foul. Ashton said Davies has to be stronger and it was poor.

If that's a foul then so is the Norrington Davues one on Campbell and is a penalty. Very similiar in terms of contact.

Think both were rightly waved away as players looking for free kicks.

Ref was garbage but got these right.

Watched it again on Quest. Murray and Ashton both said it was not a foul. Ashton said Davies has to be stronger and it was poor.

If that's a foul then so is the Norrington Davues one on Campbell and is a penalty. Very similiar in terms of contact.

Think both were rightly waved away as players looking for free kicks.

Ref was garbage but got these right.
You have a point on the Norringon Davies situation ! Still 2 wrongs dont make a right

There was one decision in the first half when someone broke along the byeline on the John St office corner and looked to be man-handled, nothing given, then something similar just into our defensive third about 20 seconds later got Hudds a free kick. Very inconsistent, plus ref assts too.
5 mins added on too. Surprised by how little time there was.
Bash was fouled 4 times down the right side in the first half. On one he nutmegged their player and he just grabbed and held him till he fell just outside the box.

Berge was fouled numerous times too.

Lino gave nothing all half. He was worse.

As I say.

UTB.

He was onside

I'm at a loss to grasp why they were allowed in our half at 90 minutes plus. Never mind winning a corner.

There would have been 200 fouls today if that had been a Premier League game.

Difference in officiating is huge

It really isn't it is the new directive to let the game flow which is the fault. Klippety Klopp is whinging like fuck about it in the Premier league all it does is give rough arsed shithousing teams an advantage. We might see better referee's in the Premier league but they are working to the same rules or should we say NOT working to the rules.

It really isn't it is the new directive to let the game flow which is the fault. Klippety Klopp is whinging like fuck about it in the Premier league all it does is give rough arsed shithousing teams an advantage. We might see better referee's in the Premier league but they are working to the same rules or should we say NOT working to the rules.

That's fair enough but I've watched a few PL games and the same tippy tippy fouls are still being given

I listened to this live and thought the ref guy made a bit of a twat of himself
Warnock got one thing right you will never see football refs wired up for sound like in Rugby, players have very little respect for them, surround and swear at them all the time, a perfect example was the WBA manager in the week doing his Hulk impressions in the officials faces. Imaging that if everyone could hear it.
Most ref's now make it up as they go along just to get an easy life rather than enforcing the rules.

Warnock got one thing right you will never see football refs wired up for sound like in Rugby, players have very little respect for them, surround and swear at them all the time, a perfect example was the WBA manager in the week doing his Hulk impressions in the officials faces. Imaging that if everyone could hear it.
Most ref's now make it up as they go along just to get an easy life rather than enforcing the rules.
The match days experience of championship football seems to be totally ruined by them constantly allowing the away team to take time out of the game using shithouse tactics and the old retort that everyone does it or it's part of the game is not acceptable, it's their job to police it and they are too weak
Every time I go to a game ( win or lose ) I come away angry at the officials for allowing the constant pantomime of the away team taking the absolute piss out of them and seeing how far they can push it ,like it's more important to them than the result

Back
Top Bottom