The ref

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
A disgrace today. How did he miss the blatant shove.that led to their winner. Didn't tackle the blatant time-wasting from the goalkeeper, at one point in the first half he went up to speak to the goalkeeper and gave up and turned back. M Salisbury, you're not fit to referee!!

This is a recurring theme. I posted the rules re cautions for time wasting after the Birmingham game. There should have been 2 or 3 bookings in the first half -1 the goalkeeper. He held the ball for 12 secs while they were leading 1.0 - should be an indirect free Kick. I give up

How wasn't that a foul when berge beat his man then got pulled down in the 1st half?

We are playing against 12 men. I wish our players would get that into their heads.

Refs barely gave us anything unless it was for VAR in the PL and we get next to nothing in the Championship.

Just seen back the winner. Davies was weak and was shoved off it too easily. Not sure refs are giving fouls for that at all. Our players are soft as shit and this theme continues.

Ref was rubbish and did not penalise time wasting all game but not sure he can be blamed for another pathetic piece of defending.

I thought his poorest decision was when Berge robbed O’Brien on the byline with Sander ready to tee us up for shot and he gave them a free kick for an invisible push. I was too far away with the foul for the 2nd goal

Just seen back the winner. Davies was weak and was shoved off it too easily. Not sure refs are giving fouls for that at all. Our players are soft as shit and this theme continues.

Ref was rubbish and did not penalise time wasting all game but not sure he can be blamed for another pathetic piece of defending.
Andy pandy comes to mind with some of our defending . Closely followed by sooty and sweep.

Bad for both teams to be fair, could have easily given hudds a penalty when RND body checked their striker in the box towards the end

Refereeing is shit in the Championship.

But we have to get cute to it.

We have to be the ones doing the shit like blocking off runners and all that stuff that can't be picked up without VAR.

But the refs are garbage.

Now, we've been impotent so far but in 3 of our matches the refs have:
  • missed a stonewall penalty for handball against Birmingham costing a point.
  • missed a foul and offside for WBAs 4th (yes, I know how bad that sounds)
  • missed a foul for the winner today.

So, we sit 2 points worse off and 3 goals worse off on the officials alone.

Add McGoldrick's wank finishing to this and we could have had a fair to middling start to the season!

This is a recurring theme. I posted the rules re cautions for time wasting after the Birmingham game. There should have been 2 or 3 bookings in the first half -1 the goalkeeper. He held the ball for 12 secs while they were leading 1.0 - should be an indirect free Kick. I give up
Think we have had discussions before on the amount of time a goalie can keep hold of the ball …… I think it’s 6 seconds. Why can’t the 4th official start counting into the refs earpiece to let him know the number of seconds ???
It’s so easy to get this rule right it beggars belief that it gets forgotten about !

A disgrace today. How did he miss the blatant shove.that led to their winner. Didn't tackle the blatant time-wasting from the goalkeeper, at one point in the first half he went up to speak to the goalkeeper and gave up and turned back. M Salisbury, you're not fit to referee!!
He spoke to their captain about the keeper instead of booking him.

Think we have had discussions before on the amount of time a goalie can keep hold of the ball …… I think it’s 6 seconds. Why can’t the 4th official start counting into the refs earpiece to let him know the number of seconds ???
It’s so easy to get this rule right it beggars belief that it gets forgotten about !
I posted this after the Birmingham game. This is from the 21/22 FA Rules.
An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:
  • controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing
I understand why a referee would be lenient if the goalie holds the ball for 7/8 seconds, but if a team is clearly timewasting they should enforce the rule.

When teams start wasting time ( even if it's early in the game as on Saturday), I think the referee should tell the captain that it has to stop and the next player who does it will be booked - as per rules of the game:-

Referees must caution players who delay the restart of play by:
  • appearing to take a throw-in but suddenly leaving it to a team-mate to take
  • delaying leaving the field of play when being substituted
  • excessively delaying a restart
  • kicking or carrying the ball away, or provoking a confrontation by deliberately touching the ball after the referee has stopped play
  • taking a free kick from the wrong position to force a retake

There were definitely examples of the highlighted incidents today. The 6 second rule is pretty much black and white so there's no real reason for not enforcing it - especially if the goalkeeper holds the ball for double the allowed time

There would have been 200 fouls today if that had been a Premier League game.

Difference in officiating is huge

There was one decision in the first half when someone broke along the byeline on the John St office corner and looked to be man-handled, nothing given, then something similar just into our defensive third about 20 seconds later got Hudds a free kick. Very inconsistent, plus ref assts too.
5 mins added on too. Surprised by how little time there was.

They were snidey barstewards - their shirt pulling was all done very underhandedly, mostly pulling it downwards in a big handful rather than the usual outwards, whilst feigning the 50-50 arms across each other in a tussle with the other.

The one on edge of area?

He didn't want to give a foul as he couldn't decide if it was in or out. So waved play on.
Yeah, it was a nailed on foul. But it wasn't in the box. The linesman on that side was literally in top of its how they couldn't decide between them is a disgrace.

The championship is one of the best leagues for gamesmanship and shithousing. You have got to remember that Huddersfield manager was Assistant to Bielsa (learnt under a huge cheat) for a long time so will be world class at schooling niggly sh*tty cheap cheating.
He also invaded the playing pitch several times which the ref ignored. He should have been sent off with his histrionics and dramatic arm waving... F*cking prick. Hope we stick it up them at their ground and Sav gets revenge. Wilder/Knill would not have let that happen. Sadly we are a soft touch on the touch line as much as on the pitch...

Back
Top Bottom