The problem with Souza....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And the penny drops......same happened last season, Boro were closing in and Hecky dropped Norwood for Doyle and the rest is history.

Quite why anyone expected a different outcome in a higher league is beyond me.

Hopefully Norwood is in the frame to be moved on in January......Souza, Hamer and McAtee have looked much better without him and with Brooks bursting onto the scene and then Slimane and Peck as back up, hopefully Norwood is out of the picture....
I know we love to rush to a new hero on here, but an academy lad who’s just made his debut as back up to one of the best midfielders of the past 30 years?

That’s really something!

He is the man to build our play. We had Berge / Norwood / Doyle

Somehow we have ended up with him. He gave them 3 good chances when is entire job is to limit their chances.
Yep, acknowledged those give aways. Don't think that's cause for calling him a Donkey and very premature to be asking to sell him.

Since his very first games, it's his head, in the moment, that needs work. Since CWAK came back the improvements have been clear to see. Just keep improving on the same trajectory and he'll be an essential part of the squad for years to come.

Yep, acknowledged those give aways. Don't think that's cause for calling him a Donkey and very premature to be asking to sell him.

Since his very first games, it's his head, in the moment, that needs work. Since CWAK came back the improvements have been clear to see. Just keep improving on the same trajectory and he'll be an essential part of the squad for years to come.
He doesn’t build play and hides from the ball?

You cannot get better if he isn’t trying.

I understand why he’s not trying to get and build play as he carnt do it.

He doesn’t build play and hides from the ball?

You cannot get better if he isn’t trying.

I understand why he’s not trying to get and build play as he carnt do it.

He doesn’t build play and hides from the ball? Are you asking me the question?

You cannot get better if he isn’t trying. I've never met him, not sure what his trying has to do with me

I understand why he’s not trying to get and build play as he can't do it.

Apart from his one mandatory hospital ball across the middle, I thought he was excellent today.
I counted 3 hospital balls.

Then when he lost it on edge of his box 😂 to be honest I just laughed at that.

I'm not a fan of Vinny, he gets caught with the ball or gives it away far too many times. Hammer was far worse though today v WHU I have to say, so he's not on his own there. Unfortunately, neither are good enough for the PL standard.
Get ready to be hounded. Few more performances like today and everyone will change. Won’t be long.

I really don't understand the pile on with Vini, he was very good today
He's the new Monty for certain individuals....
I like his passion and have seen him improve with experience of the speed of the prem.
He's only going to improve with time and if people get off his back.

souza is no different to the rest of our squad just not good enough for the premier league and thats why we will be relegated but thats what you get if your chairman is skint

Thought he was great today. Showed for the ball often, generally progressed it well, was a presence in the middle. Some passes were sloppy, because he isn't perfect.

Think some just expect prime Viera, it's a bit embarrassing.

The team feeds off him, you can see he's taken on a leadership role. His defensive positioning is excellent. He has to get quicker in possession, play the occasional one touch pass but at the very least make quicker decisions.

But after after his frankly embarrassing performance v Newcastle I thought he was a busted flush. Now, I see the potential

Anyone else think he could play in the middle of a back 3 in the championship, and enable us to easily move to a 4 without subs ?

Souza is a prime example of the Wilder effect.

Looking back we didn’t have a terrible squad. Hecky just didn’t have a clue how to organise them all.

We have to be grateful for what Hecky did for us over the last couple of seasons but this one he was completely out of his depth.

We were so unorganised, easy to beat/ break down & offered nothing going forward.

Wilders 5 points from a possible 21 doesn’t seem a great return to the neutral but most blades don’t mind being relegated as long as we put performances in like we did today

If we're judging him on wayward passing then there's a few others to look at instead. I think he's been a consistent good player for us since Wilder came in and is learning a new style of play in a new league. There's moments in a game where he's the one that actually looks calm, collected and plays a simple pass forward that a few others fail to see when under the kosh. Think he'll be a cracking player for us for years to come.

What a load of bollox this thread is. Negativity around any players today is plain wrong. Every player who played, deserves credit. That was by far the best performance of the season bar none- any one that's played football knows it's so easy to play a loose ball, take one player too much on and come unstuck.

The team deserved min a point - no one deserved less than 7 today - all put a stint in - some of the keep ball was outstanding - Souza was combative and did not hide, he was good.

Special mention to Brooks he was fantastic- thought Illy was back he was so good.

Back
Top Bottom