The Open - Fitzy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

After a disappointing day yesterday finishing level par, todays second round sees him flying at the minute. 5 under with the 3 to play. Currently 4 off the lead.

Goo on Blade
plus there is another Sheffield lad, Barclay Brown looking to win the amateur medal as well on 4 under currently. No idea if he's a blade though

Hope he was telling Tiger Woods he should spend his billions on Sheffield United

Is it just me or is St Andrews the most boring course to watch on the Open Rota? The winning score is going to be 20 under or lower. The modern players and equipment have made the course obsolete.

Is it just me or is St Andrews the most boring course to watch on the Open Rota? The winning score is going to be 20 under or lower. The modern players and equipment have made the course obsolete.
Fair point, I’ve played it a couple of times & it is a narrow, featureless strip of land. It probably is obsolete for modern players/equipment when the weather is benign. It’s a different story for me though, playing in March when the wind is over 30 mph!😆
Might be an idea to move the next Open here to March time to give us spectators a laugh!

I don’t think the strange British summer has helped. Any other year it’d be raining for 4 days. I can take or leave the PGA and Us open but I want the open to be the biggest test in golf and it’s a shame it won’t be this year

Think it's time someone came on here and said that this is in the wrong section. Anyone?

I followed Tiger and Fitzpatrick around there yesterday. Got a good look at that Headcover. His swing looks even faster up close.

plus there is another Sheffield lad, Barclay Brown looking to win the amateur medal as well on 4 under currently. No idea if he's a blade though
There’s also Sam Bairstow, who is a member at Hallowes GC and just made the cut, not sure who he supports though, if anyone at all.

There’s also Sam Bairstow, who is a member at Hallowes GC and just made the cut, not sure who he supports though, if anyone at all.
He played in the same football team as my son at AFC Dronfield and Henry Fanshaw school. He supported Palace and then became a Blade season ticket holder about 16 years ago. Not sure about the last 10 years

Runner up in British Amateur tournament a few weeks ago. Watched it live on YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom