The Next 10 Games...........Result Speculation

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ChipButtyBlade

Reaction score
Wilder has mentioned in his interveiw about the next 10 games,would you like to speculate the outcome of those games.

West Ham United > H............Win 1-0

West Bromwich Albion > A............Draw 1-1

Leicester City > H............Lose 2-0

Southampton > A...........Lose 4-1

Manchester United > H.............Lose 2-0

Brighton and Hove Albion > A...............Win 1-0

Everton > H.................Lose 2-1

Burnley > A...............Draw 1-1

Crystal Palace > A.................Lose 3-0

Newcastle United > H...........Win 2-1

It’s impossible to predict such a long run of games. If for example we win our next 3 games would you still fancy us to get absolutely smashed at Southampton? What if we play Everton after they’ve gone on a 6 game losing streak?
Take each game as it comes. Let’s get the result we need against West Ham and the confidence will come back.

One thing is for 100% sure you cannot predict anything whatsoever in the EPL this year, Everton were outstanding for the first 5 games and now look as bad as us, Leicester win 5-2 at City, West Ham were not supposed to have a point on the board yet but have done well, (although in typical West Ham fashion they look like they have had the peak already), Villa put 7 past the Champions, then lose 3 on the bounce only to go and win 3 zip at Arsenal, the top of the table changed hands 3 or 4 times within 24 hours, Southampton are in the top 4 and craziest of the lot, Patrick Bamford scored a hat-trick...

About the only consistent thing at the moment is Sheffield United being consistently beaten....for some reason our confidence is on the floor and we have lost belief. If there is one man that can get that back it is CW but i do fear things may have gone beyond this already, he gangs on about our togetherness and spirit but i am seeing nothing of that at the moment.....could CWAK be losing the dressing room?

I’ll go for a generous 8 points, which means we only need 3 in the second half of the season to beat Derby.

Mid table at Christmas for me. Brewster bagging 7 and Didz with 5 .......................now where did I leave those pill

Wilder has mentioned in his interveiw about the next 10 games,would you like to speculate the outcome of those games.

West Ham United > H............Win 1-0

West Bromwich Albion > A............Draw 1-1

Leicester City > H............Lose 2-0

Southampton > A...........Lose 4-1

Manchester United > H.............Lose 2-0

Brighton and Hove Albion > A...............Win 1-0

Everton > H.................Lose 2-1

Burnley > A...............Draw 1-1

Crystal Palace > A.................Lose 3-0

Newcastle United > H...........Win 2-1
Confidence is so low can’t see a single result unless something changes cause repeat, lose, repeat, lose ain’t doing it for me

1 point from 8 games doesn't happen through misfortune or 'rub of the green'.

Fair to say, that we have been completely mugged by the effect of the pandemic. In the artificial conditions that empty stadiums have created, defences are not going to achieve anything. This season, its all about creativity and goals. That's why the current top 6 is full of teams who not only have plenty up front but also attacking midfields.

As a result, the cautious and disciplined set-up that was deployed to great effect last season - and understandably so as a newly-promoted side - has become a millstone for us.

This season, systems and organisation have been rendered redundant by flair and ambition from sillful players playing without pressure.

Unfortunately, as great as CWAK's system has been, it has always struggled to incorporate any flair. We couldn't even find a way to get a player as talented as Brooks into the side on a consistent basis, for goodness sake.

Now, at absolutely the wrong team, we find ourselves lumbered with a team and squad that contains no flair whatsoever. Perhaps only Burnley are as poorly equipped in this department as we are, albeit long term they will feel more confident about what they have up front.

On that basis, it's difficult to see any wins amongst the upcoming fixtures. Perhaps a couple of draws.

We could really use 4 points from our next 2 games (albeit 3 points would be fine)

I can't see us getting anything in the next 3 (Leicester, Southampton, Man U)

I suspect we'll do well to get a point from Brighton and Newcastle, but I'd hope we'd beat Burnley.

I can't see us getting anything against Everton and Palace seems doubtful (although if we go into it defensively then we might get a draw).

So, after 18 games I reckon we might only have 8-10 points. I think if it's 10, then not the end of the world but we need to get a lot better in the second half of the season.

Feel that the next two matches are our most important for a long time.
Get a minimum of three points, hopefully four and it gives us the confidence to drive forward, these are matches we would expect to win and subsequently it would be catastrophic if we did not at least win one of them.
Losing to the likes of arsenal, Liverpool etc is understandable a team surviving in the premiership should not lose to the likes of West Ham and West Brom

Got a feeling we’ll beat West Ham, but none of the rest.

We need a minimum of 9 points from those games just to give us the merest chance of getting out of the mess that we're in. I can personally not see where a win is coming from so I think we'll get 3 points.

Back
Top Bottom