The negativity on here at the moment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think we'll finish mid-table with an outside chance of a run at the play-offs if we hit some form. I thought the same at the start of the season. We desperately needed to rebuild though and I was dismayed when we spent our money on loan signings in the hope of going straight back up. The squad has had its day and needed turning over. The first 6 months has been largely a waste of time and money.

I get what you mean about the other relegated sides but we invested so much more while we were up there than they did. Fulham relied mainly on loans with no long term cost. With a whole team out on loan. We spend unwisely.
You sound to me like you're moaning.

We have a lot of players coming out of contract... One or two wanting a move..

We know how it works when a player is looking for another club or contract, they'll not go in 100% in case they sustain an injury because nobody signs an injured player, to those fans concerned about lack of effort, you need to consider this as its really a massive factor on why some players are not putting it in.

That being said, if "experienced professional" mcgoldrick pulls the lads shirt on 90 mins and takes a yellow instead of letting him run on.....

The problem I have is trying to see what our squad might look like next season with so many out of contract at the end of the season. It wouldn’t surprise me if none of the out of contract players were offered renewals - maybe we sign Hourahan and Billy gets one more year.

Classic United though, it’s always us who go out with a whimper. Success is never prolonged and never capitalised / built upon, just hastily trampled underfoot.

To be fair, the same can be said of almost every other club.

It's the usual thing, we hit a bit of bad form, and the pig fans, pretending to be Blades fans, come out of the woodwork and slag off the club and the players and the owners, and moan.

When we hit a good patch and win a few, they disappear, they don't join in with "Roy's View" or match day reports, etc.

You can spot them a mile off. No problem with that either, because some of the funny stuff on Pork Talk has to be our lads, winding them up, pretending to be pigs.

The bit I don't get is that we spend (what for us) is big money on players and they all turn out to be Duffers.
But, when we loan a player from some other club their world beaters !!!
So why don't they just put the guy who brings in the loan players in charge of buying players ?....... :tumbleweed:

The problem I have is trying to see what our squad might look like next season with so many out of contract at the end of the season. It wouldn’t surprise me if none of the out of contract players were offered renewals - maybe we sign Hourahan and Billy gets one more year.

I'm not sure we will offer any new contracts.

As we stand:

Wes
Verrips is option not triggered

Stevens
RDN
Lowe
JOC
Egan
Baldock
Bogle

Berge
Fleck
Norwood
Ndiaye

McBurnie
Brewster
Burke
Jebbinson

Plus any youth players who may step up.

I'd argue that you offer Osborn a new contract as he can cover in a number of positions and can't be accused of not putting effort in. Very useful player to have.

Decision to be made with/re Bash. An other year seems sensible but any more would not be, imo. If he gets a bigger offer, it's last payday time.

There's probably a chat to have with Billy re coaching.

How many changes there are this summer is likely to depend on how many players we can sell.

It's the usual thing, we hit a bit of bad form, and the pig fans, pretending to be Blades fans, come out of the woodwork and slag off the club and the players and the owners, and moan.

When we hit a good patch and win a few, they disappear, they don't join in with "Roy's View" or match day reports, etc.

You can spot them a mile off. No problem with that either, because some of the funny stuff on Pork Talk has to be our lads, winding them up, pretending to be pigs.

What the actual fuck…..?

31967139-9579-4F5F-9A63-DC873776DAA5.png

We are lumbered with £80m of players we can't move on.
So, for now it is what it is. Can't change it. None of us, the manager or the owner.
So accept it and support what we've got and try enjoy the team we have.
Weost likely aren't getting a play off place this season.
Two choices. Go and enjoy the match, or moin like fuck as much as possible.

I'm definitely positively negative .... come on Blades prove me wrong!

It all boils down to the managerial appointment. A half decent one in the summer and we are play offs minimum. No, it isn't hindsight. Cheque book Slav was never going to work at Bramall Lane.

Look, I get it, we're Sheffield United, everything always goes to shit, but the sheer negativity on here about everything is ridiculous at the moment.

We sign a young player - moans
We extend our scouting network - moans
We loan out a player no one rates cutting the wage bill - moans

I'm as negative as they come, but this is getting ridiculous. People are reacting like we've lost 5 on the bounce and are at the bottom of the table. People were going on about how we're going to make the play-offs just 2 whole league games ago.
Happy as fuck me we ain’t going down😀

Good post. We went up to the Prem before we should have done and are now seeing the consequences. Life goes on, and we'll come again.

Preston was awful on Tues - but at least today we'd learnt our lesson. Sometimes it has to be bad, for things to turn around. Thought our midfield was excellent today. As was Bogle, as was Brewster, as was Norrington-Davies, as was Robinson. All players that have taken a lot of stick recently.

The Bends was their zenith. They may have read better books, learned more chords & met more interesting people since, but they’ve never bettered it. Same with the Arctic Monkeys and WEPSIATWIN.
All about opinions innit. I think Kid A is the one that has endured, a masterpiece.

Completely agree on the Monkeys though. Peaked with the first album.

And we've easily beat a team above us who are on an unbeaten run and people are still moaning because "we made the wrong subs", despite the fact that I think Luton had one shot after the substitution so they are perfectly fine subs.

Yeah but.

We should have kept Brewster on, with the risk of aggravating his injury. Cos he might have scored another goal (then been out for the rest of the season).

A quick look at the subs bench tells you everything you need to know about the present state of affairs. As McCall says, they are good bunch who are all training well and creating competition for places.
Even with inevitable injuries or disciplinarians, the squad looks ok to me. Given our straitened circumstances and our good form, not too much to complain about really.

Look, I get it, we're Sheffield United, everything always goes to shit, but the sheer negativity on here about everything is ridiculous at the moment.

We sign a young player - moans
We extend our scouting network - moans
We loan out a player no one rates cutting the wage bill - moans

I'm as negative as they come, but this is getting ridiculous. People are reacting like we've lost 5 on the bounce and are at the bottom of the table. People were going on about how we're going to make the play-offs just 2 whole league games ago.
Stop moaning about moaning 🤣

Back
Top Bottom