The negativity on here at the moment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
Look, I get it, we're Sheffield United, everything always goes to shit, but the sheer negativity on here about everything is ridiculous at the moment.

We sign a young player - moans
We extend our scouting network - moans
We loan out a player no one rates cutting the wage bill - moans

I'm as negative as they come, but this is getting ridiculous. People are reacting like we've lost 5 on the bounce and are at the bottom of the table. People were going on about how we're going to make the play-offs just 2 whole league games ago.

Look, I get it, we're Sheffield United, everything always goes to shit, but the sheer negativity on here about everything is ridiculous at the moment.

I'm as negative as they come, but this is getting ridiculous. People are reacting like we've lost 5 on the bounce and are at the bottom of the table. People were going on about how we're going to make the play-offs just 2 whole league games ago.

I still think playoffs are very much achievable with the squad we have.

The thing that makes me slightly sad though is seeing the other two relegated clubs right up there giving it a good lick whilst our board seem to have waved the white flag.

If I hadn’t seen such riches I could live with being poor and all that.

The thing that makes me slightly sad though is seeing the other two relegated clubs right up there giving it a good lick whilst our board seem to have waved the white flag.

Siddarrn!

;)

• Banned

I think we'll finish mid-table with an outside chance of a run at the play-offs if we hit some form. I thought the same at the start of the season. We desperately needed to rebuild though and I was dismayed when we spent our money on loan signings in the hope of going straight back up. The squad has had its day and needed turning over. The first 6 months has been largely a waste of time and money.

I get what you mean about the other relegated sides but we invested so much more while we were up there than they did. Fulham relied mainly on loans with no long term cost. With a whole team out on loan. We spend unwisely.

I think we'll finish mid-table with an outside chance of a run at the play-offs if we hit some form. I thought the same at the start of the season. We desperately needed to rebuild though and I was dismayed when we spent our money on loan signings in the hope of going straight back up. The squad has had its day and needed turning over. The first 6 months has been largely a waste of time and money.

I get what you mean about the other relegated sides but we invested so much more while we were up there than they did. Fulham relied mainly on loans with no long term cost. With a whole team out on loan. We spend unwisely.

Classic United though, it’s always us who go out with a whimper. Success is never prolonged and never capitalised / built upon, just hastily trampled underfoot.

Classic United though, it’s always us who go out with a whimper. Success is never prolonged and never capitalised / built upon, just hastily trampled underfoot.
It was definitely bad management both from the manager and Board. We chucked money about assuming we'd stay up which was very naïve.

Should have fully used the loan market.

Sheffield mentality

All of my positivity was used up after we managed to get to 5th in the PL and then completely fuck things up to the point where we’re back to being tinpot United again but with different owners to last time.

I really thought we could be optimistic and build on what we had but even a manager who did little wrong for 3 years managed to balls it up.

It’s bad when you don’t want to celebrate the good times too much anymore because you’ll feel more stupid on the comedown.

Most fans of similar clubs to us I’m sure will feel the same but we seem to have a special way of turning gold to shit.

'Appen thats because we're shite.

We can still make the Play Offs but to me it is down to two different events:
1. The number of games Gibbs-White plays in until the end of the season.
2. The number of games Jack Robinson doesn’t play in until the end of the season.

If the first one is high and then second low, book your hotel in May in London. If the opposite is true then book your hotel but make it Spain or wherever!

Technically you just moaned and was negative about people moaning and being negative. 🤨 😁

It's a forum.

Back
Top Bottom