The most sheffield united bottlejob yet

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don't waste your breath mate

Some of our fans are as gullible as fuck

Anybody with two braincells could see this coming three months ago, the few of us that highlighted it and expressed concern about our slow, boring, shit style of football was slagged off left, right and centre and called allsorts.

But most knew, even if they didn't say it, but this forum has a click of gullible clappers that can't see anything wrong and to mention or express concern is sacrilege
I would retire from posting if Id put this shit on.

Dear oh dear - some of the comments after poor displays and results v Boro and Luton - even by some of the more respected posters on here. Relegation to L1 was even mentioned!
It's a good job you're not in a position of authority at the club otherwise everyone would have been sacked.

Don’t worry - they will just move on to something else. In fact it’s already started:

No new signings when window has just opened

Signing a free transfer - clearly no cash to spend

Sign a player for a half decent fee - spunking monneh

Including youth players in the squad - shows no ambition

Not including youth players - no pathway for youth

Why can’t they get the kit right (i.e why isn’t it designed to my preference this season)

Something about the ticket office

No new season cards (despite the fact they aren’t due one)

XYZ (who isn’t due a new contract)deserves a new contract

Why are we giving new contracts out?

Then if we get relegated - “I knew it, it’s the Sheff Utd way”

Or we end up flirting with the European places again but miss out “failure, it’s the Sheff Utd way”

Win the league - “only club who could deliver a wank league winning season, division is shite”

Don’t worry - they will just move on to something else. In fact it’s already started:

No new signings when window has just opened

Signing a free transfer - clearly no cash to spend

Sign a player for a half decent fee - spunking monneh

Including youth players in the squad - shows no ambition

Not including youth players - no pathway for youth

Why can’t they get the kit right (i.e why isn’t it designed to my preference this season)

Something about the ticket office

No new season cards (despite the fact they aren’t due one)

XYZ (who isn’t due a new contract)deserves a new contract

Why are we giving new contracts out?

Then if we get relegated - “I knew it, it’s the Sheff Utd way”

Or we end up flirting with the European places again but miss out “failure, it’s the Sheff Utd way”

Win the league - “only club who could deliver a wank league winning season, division is shite”
This is the one that always makes me laugh. I reckon fans of near enough all teams up and down the country - you’d hope not including the likes of Man City et al but probably even then - have this idea that screwing it up is “typical [insert name of club]”. And they’re probably right because at some point they have! But when you’re playing another side who tend to screw things up it doesn’t really mean an awful lot.

The story of the Millwall v Blackburn game yesterday.

1-0 Millwall. Typical Blackburn to lose to Millwall and miss out on the play-offs.

1-1. Typical Blackburn/Millwall to draw when they needed a win to get in the playoffs.

3-1 Millwall. Typical Blackburn to get smashed by Millwall and miss playoffs. It’ll be typical Millwall to lose in the playoffs anyway.

3-4 Blackburn. Typical Millwall to throw away a two goal lead and miss the playoffs when it was in their hands. Typical Blackburn to come back from 3-1 down and a win not even matter anyway.

Typical fecking football teams.

This is the one that always makes me laugh. I reckon fans of near enough all teams up and down the country - you’d hope not including the likes of Man City et al but probably even then - have this idea that screwing it up is “typical [insert name of club]”. And they’re probably right because at some point they have! But when you’re playing another side who tend to screw things up it doesn’t really mean an awful lot.

The story of the Millwall v Blackburn game yesterday.

1-0 Millwall. Typical Blackburn to lose to Millwall and miss out on the play-offs.

1-1. Typical Blackburn/Millwall to draw when they needed a win to get in the playoffs.

3-1 Millwall. Typical Blackburn to get smashed by Millwall and miss playoffs. It’ll be typical Millwall to lose in the playoffs anyway.

3-4 Blackburn. Typical Millwall to throw away a two goal lead and miss the playoffs when it was in their hands. Typical Blackburn to come back from 3-1 down and a win not even matter anyway.

Typical fecking football teams.
My example is corner kicks.

Every set of fans complain they are shit at corners and they don’t beat the first man.

4% of goals are scored from corners. The highest probability of a goal is at the front post. Therefore corner takers are trying to hit an area about the size of an A3 bit of paper just right of the 6 yard box.

People just assume the aim of a corner is to hit it as high and hard as they possibly can. Invariably then when a corner does fall short of the target fans get the face on and say how shit they are at them, oblivious to the fact that every other set of fans is complaining as well because they don’t understand what instruction the kicker is given.

When will they learn to keep their powder dry?

Samaritans on speed dial for next season when we will be losing most of our games 🤣
I've heard this saying a few times of late whenever someone has spoke out of turn (run their mouth off)
Does anybody know when we started using the phrase 'keep your powder dry' in this manner?
The original use was to imply that you should always be ready. Keep your gunpowder dry as you never know when you're going to need it.
So when did it change from always be prepared, to stop talking shit? Any ideas?

Every set of fans complain they are shit at corners and they don’t beat the first man.

4% of goals are scored from corners. The highest probability of a goal is at the front post. Therefore corner takers are trying to hit an area about the size of an A3 bit of paper just right of the 6 yard box.

People just assume the aim of a corner is to hit it as high and hard as they possibly can. Invariably then when a corner does fall short of the target fans get the face on and say how shit they are at them, oblivious to the fact that every other set of fans is complaining as well because they don’t understand what instruction the kicker is given.

We were the second best set piece team this season with 22 goals scored. I reckon if you asked our fans though the majority would say they've been poor this season. Fans of every club think their team is shit at set pieces because they expect a chance from every one of them which is completely unrealistic.

Since Doyle started taking corners, I thought we were very good. If John Egan could head like he does in an Ireland shirt, he would have scored five or six. Ask Burnley if we can deliver a corner kick or not????

I thought we had bottled it after Luton at home, fair play to Hecky for turning it round and picking Doyle n Macca at Sunderland the following midweek, we never looked back after that and I was, thankfully, proven incorrect.

I read a great article on this ages back, guessing you saw the same one. But yeah, you basically want it to go just high enough over the first man that it'll drop behind them at the near post. Stick a goalkeeper on corners and he can hit the back of the South Stand from a corner. What makes it hard is also being low enough for one of your own.

I've heard this saying a few times of late whenever someone has spoke out of turn (run their mouth off)
Does anybody know when we started using the phrase 'keep your powder dry' in this manner?
The original use was to imply that you should always be ready. Keep your gunpowder dry as you never know when you're going to need it.
So when did it change from always be prepared, to stop talking shit? Any ideas?
It's the old two fingers job init,
Back in the good old days if the French caught an archer they would cut off his two Bow fingers, so before a battle started the Archers would stick up their two Bow fingers at the Enemy ..... 👍

It's the old two fingers job init,
Back in the good old days if the French caught an archer they would cut off his two Bow fingers, so before a battle started the Archers would stick up their two Bow fingers at the Enemy ..... 👍
It is... although I still think the original sentiment remains, with the 2 fingers meaning f-off then and still does now.
Whereas keep your powder dry has evolved from 'be prepared' to 'see how things play out'. All very boring to most forum members i'm sure, but it did make me wonder... God it's going to be a looong close season for me isn't it! 🤣

Yes, but will it be because the system has been "found out" or because the managers lack a "plan B"? Exciting questions.
It's just part and parcel of being a football fan. Klopp is having the worst season during his reign and everyone was questioning him despite years of getting to finals & winning things.

The one time I didn't feel like calling for a manager to be sacked despite us being shite was probably Wilder in 2020/21. I felt he was the right man to get us back up but then he walked anyway.

I'm not sure fans are 100% convinced by Hecky but in some ways, he's a tactical genius, that small change he made yesterday putting Doyle as a narrow wingback & asking Basham to overlap after noticing Khadra wasn't tracking back was what changed the game.

In my opinion, Hecky needs a few more coaches on top of what we've currently got.

Anybody with two braincells could see this coming three months ago, the few of us that highlighted it and expressed concern about our slow, boring, shit style of football was slagged off left, right and centre and called allsorts.

But most knew, even if they didn't say it, but this forum has a click of gullible clappers that can't see anything wrong and to mention or express concern is sacrilege

Is this the ultimate slasher post? Will it ever be bettered?

Anybody with two braincells could see this coming three months ago, the few of us that then JJhighlighted it and expressed concern about our slow, boring, shit style of football was slagged off left, right and centre and called allsorts.

How do you think those with the two brain cells will be bearing up after this massive shock then JJ lad?

We are done. The players don’t even look bothered.

They got reinvigorated.

It does tally with the change of midfield with Doyle coming in for Norwood.

Thankfully Hecky saw it changed and we never looked back.

This has probably been our least bottlejob run in ever as it turns out. We hit the top of the form table wave and road it all the way over the line.

it’s the absolute certainty with which people post, no room for doubt or any other outcome, although regular threads like this are a beacon of sanity compared to the bedlam of Shoutbox, particularly on matchdays.

My own personal favourite is the Game Over posting on there if we go a goal behind. I must admit to posting exactly that after kick off yesterday, just to join in, but the team let me down by going two up.

There is a precedent for being too quick off the mark with a Game Over and my favourite one was posted when we weren’t even losing. It was 1-1 v Wrexham at home and we conceded the second penalty. Game Over pinged up even before it was taken, final score 3-1 to The Blades. Anyone admitting to that one?

The bottlejobs appear to be the childish posters who scream and shout the second something goes wrong,

Is this the ultimate slasher post? Will it ever be bettered?
Someone (can’t remember who) actually said that this season had been a wank season.

About a week before the FA cup semi final…

Don't think anyone's panicking
Just a realisation that United have even managed to give it's supporters a wank promotion season. Another first for United, another first for football.
When has there ever been a wank promotion season before, at any club?
But United have almost managed it, injuries (due to lack of professionalism and fitness mostly). Shit football, boring tactics to stifle games rather than win them, transfer embargoes, financial mayhem, fake takeover, and the realisation that getting promoted, far from being a reason to celebrate is actually only the second worse thing that can happen to us, staying down being the worst.
Of course it was JJ… 😂

Yes, but will it be because the system has been "found out" or because the managers lack a "plan B"? Exciting questions.
Think you underestimate Heckingbottom's ability to make tweaks to the way we are playing, and the results he gets from those changes.
Wilder never had a plan B and it ultimately cost us. Hecky regularly moves layers about, especially Berge moving from right to left, moving McAtee further forward, Iliman dropping a bit deeper.
It might not be just Heckingbottom, as McCall obviously has an input. But with the two of them I think we have a fair chance of staying up next season.

It's just part and parcel of being a football fan. Klopp is having the worst season during his reign and everyone was questioning him despite years of getting to finals & winning things.

The one time I didn't feel like calling for a manager to be sacked despite us being shite was probably Wilder in 2020/21. I felt he was the right man to get us back up but then he walked anyway.

I'm not sure fans are 100% convinced by Hecky but in some ways, he's a tactical genius, that small change he made yesterday putting Doyle as a narrow wingback & asking Basham to overlap after noticing Khadra wasn't tracking back was what changed the game.

In my opinion, Hecky needs a few more coaches on top of what we've currently got.
It's always hard to judge. Sometimes you make a smart move and goes wrong, sometimes you take a punt and it pays off. I've had my doubts about him but the results are so good and the times his tricks have paid off surely outweigh the failures. The number we did on Burnley is the one time someone's shown up Kompany this season. On the other hand, maybe it was just a poor performance, but I think against Luton we got almost everything wrong and I was livid after that one.

Overall I'm still weirdly on the fence about Hecky but he's lived up to every challenge put in his way and then some.

Think you underestimate Heckingbottom's ability to make tweaks to the way we are playing, and the results he gets from those changes.
Wilder never had a plan B and it ultimately cost us. Hecky regularly moves layers about, especially Berge moving from right to left, moving McAtee further forward, Iliman dropping a bit deeper.
It might not be just Heckingbottom, as McCall obviously has an input. But with the two of them I think we have a fair chance of staying up next season.
I'm just joking because those are the two criticisms everyone pulls out as soon as a team struggles. They're just cliches at this point imo.

It should also be remembered that once we lost RND we were struggling down our left side, both defensively and going foward. But Heckingbottom overcame that, to produce a season with an almost record for fewest goals conceded.
Again I would go back to Wilder who never got over losing JoC.

Anyone else just re-read through the thread, praying that you didn't post anything negative at the time of our blip, only to reach the end with a huge "phew", thank God i didn't have a rant!
No??...... just me again, then! 🫡
utb

Back
Top Bottom