The Legacy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

DronnieBlade

Only in S2 !
Reaction score
Not the one he or we would ideally have wished for. Many things left to do to drive the club forward in the way he would have wished. It is this unfinished business that will ALWAYS rankle with him. Of that I have no doubt.

However the irreconcilable differences with the owners have led to this untenable situation. And what was inevitable is now the reality.

A special period in the clubs history. Wilder was perfect for the club and the club perfect for Wilder. Mutually beneficial so to say. Some incredible moments to cherish.

Good luck gaffer in the future. Thanks for the memories ❤️🤍🖤.

We go again 😀.

UTB

Not the one he or we would ideally have wished for. Many things left to do to drive the club forward in the way he would have wished. It is this unfinished business that will ALWAYS rankle with him. Of that I have no doubt.

However the irreconcilable differences with the owners have led to this untenable situation. And what was inevitable is now the reality.

A special period in the clubs history. Wilder was perfect for the club and the club perfect for Wilder. Mutually beneficial so to say. Some incredible moments to cherish.

Good luck gaffer in the future. Thanks for the memories ❤️🤍🖤.

We go again 😀.

UTB
We should have a new training ground as part of the legacy.

I hope you’re right, I also believe there is unfinished business here and he will be back one day

The legacy. A training ground that I think he wanted improving 4 years ago and the roof blows off this week.

FFS.

They've done nothing. No Cat One academy. No training ground improvements. No improvements to the ground bar the mandatory PL ones. Now they'll sell the best players off and it'll be like it never happened. Funny old game...

We ll sell Deane and Fjortoft sorry* Didzy and Brewster for £2.5m on the last afternoon of the next window

Same owd.....

If we'd just had 10 more points I don't think this would have happened. I would so dearly have loved to see "Sir Alex Wilder" for 10 more years but a lot of stuff went against him and let's be honest including his own bloody-mindedness and desire to blame everything/everyone but himself. What a missed opportunity for club and man.

In the end though, without massive investment we will always run this 12-14 year cycle like a very slow game of "Whack-A-Mole" where we stick our heads up into the clear blue air and get whacked with a fucking great mallet.

Wilder and the Prince was never a natural match. Sure he was happier with McCabe (and all his faults).

Therefore, with this relationship I doubt a Fergie type era was ever likely.

Shame. Such is life.

Back
Top Bottom