The issue with the ballot

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

But there is a growing number of away tickets for sale on facebook twitter etc at FV and even above FV.

The club should buy these and reset the points of whoever bought the ticket in the first place to zero

Ballot is an improvement, but still a way off the obvious system, which is:

1) Everyone that wants tickets applies for tickets. If you want tickets in a group, you apply in a group.
2) This one period runs for 2-3 days
3) Once done, sort application list by points, allocate down until 10% of tickets remain
4) Random draw the remaining 10% amongst the remaining applicants

Removes any and all peak time pressure from the ticket office, gives supporters a wide window of time to apply.

(Another) alternative is going in the ‘home’ area
At last count I was a member of 27 different clubs (including Northampton;Wimbledon; Slumderland; Burton; Stoke)
Not missed a game I wanted to attend (pre CV19)
1 or 2 have started charging a ‘membership’ fee (mostly 10 quid but can be more)

Probably shouldn’t be sharing this as I’ll end up sitting with coke addled fuck wits ( just like @ t’Lane)😉
I've done in it in the past the 2-2 draw at Exter when we ballsed up promotion was one that springs to mind. I was sitting in what was supposed to be the home end but by the end of 90 mins we had all worked out that most of us in this particular section were Blades.

There are grounds where I wouldn't do it just in case but in general as long as you aren't an arse I don't see why not.

I've done in it in the past the 2-2 draw at Exter when we ballsed up promotion was one that springs to mind. I was sitting in what was supposed to be the home end but by the end of 90 mins we had all worked out that most of us in this particular section were Blades.

There are grounds where I wouldn't do it just in case but in general as long as you aren't an arse I don't see why not.
Absolutely
Some obvious’ no - go’s some not so - I’m unlikely to repeat my foray into Port Vale territory although the stand adjacent to away end was never a smart move - they appeared particularly ‘stoked’ 😉 that day - perhaps due to volume (& big balls bertie attitude of Blades?
Remember being shocked surprised & scared when we went in ‘main’ stand @ Tranmere 🤔, Hartlepool & Bristol (particularly Gas) also a tad intimidating - probably due to being complacent
as (easily) survived @ pork, dirtyLeeds on numerous occasions - guess the accent helps? ( & their negative average IQ 😳)
any of the ‘big’ clubs it’s a piece of puss given the tourist economy- just buy a halfy-half scarf, ask someone to take a photo of yourself outside the ground & then spend the match videoing the stands / crowd

I was also sitting with two friends in the home end for that match and about two minutes into the game someone turned round and asked if we were from Sheffield; we realised shortly afterwards, like you, that most were Blades. That was the last match I had to sit with home fans - funnily enough as I recall, Monty was sitting close by with some other United players

I can't think of a simple way to stop people with lots of points letting others use their points for matches they can't get to, but anyone (somehow) caught doing it should have a few thousand points docked in my opinion. I know of one friend who does it ( he can't see anything wrong with it) and a chap who sits near me has said he gets tickets for other fans.

I think there should be a cut off from maybe 3 or 4 seasons ago. The fans who go to most games would still have first dibs, but it would maybe give some people a chance to catch up

As for wanting to sit with mates, the thing I like about away games is that you don't have to listen to the same nonsense from the same people sitting alongside or behind you. It's quite good to have a chat with someone different and if they talk nonsense you know you'll probably never have to sit with them again

If it was down to me I'd not give any loyalty points for home games or season tickets or at best I'd separate home and away loyalty points.

Pin out, grenade in.

The good news is that the next game I could reasonably attend is Reading and I'd be amazed if that doesn't make general sale allowing part-timers like me to go.

Back
Top Bottom