The Grind Never Stops Y'know

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This is by far the best post I’ve seen in what has been a shitty couple of days for everyone associated with the club. We won’t all move on together because sadly some enjoy dragging out a good wallow and some are just permanently angry at everything & anything. But I have no doubt that 90% plus of us will be right behind whoever is in the starting line up v Palace. The important thing is the journey, not the destination. UTB.

I love a good cruise, me!

This is by far the best post I’ve seen in what has been a shitty couple of days for everyone associated with the club. We won’t all move on together because sadly some enjoy dragging out a good wallow and some are just permanently angry at everything & anything. But I have no doubt that 90% plus of us will be right behind whoever is in the starting line up v Palace. The important thing is the journey, not the destination. UTB.
Another one who thinks his level of reaction to bad news is the yardstick for everyone else to follow and takes every opportunity to bang on about it.

Of course 90%+ of us will be right behind the team. I've not seen anyone suggest they are going to support Palace on the 12th August.

Another one who thinks his level of reaction to bad news is the yardstick for everyone else to follow and takes every opportunity to bang on about it.

Of course 90%+ of us will be right behind the team. I've not seen anyone suggest they are going to support Palace on the 12th August.

Not my problem if you chose to interpret what was posted in the worst possible light.

And one thread isn't "every opportunity" either.

Not my problem if you chose to interpret what was posted in the worst possible light.

And one thread isn't "every opportunity" either.
Fair enough, the ‘every opportunity’ comment was aimed at the guy I was replying to, not you.

Where my head is at...
  1. This season was always going to be a hiding to nothing. With N'Diaye, it was just likely to have a bit of spirit and fight about it (it still may) but crucially with the moments of magic scattered throughout. I wanted to enjoy seeing him, and us take it to the big boys, whilst fully expecting to be relegated.
  2. I am so sad to see a player of his calibre leave, he is a great kid, a generational talent, and has a real winners mentality. I am convinced he will go to the very top.
  3. Now, I'm clear that my ill feelings are not towards the N'Diaye situation but how we are being run overall. The Prince can't fund the overhaul we desperately need, or the planned rebuild likely taking place in the championship next season. Nor, will he reduce his ridiculous asking price. This is shafting us. Not amount of shekin' me sen will solve that, nor will it bring me to simply accept this. We are fast running out of time to rebuild for NEXT season, the longer it takes to find a new owner.
  4. That, kills all excitement I could otherwise feel currently. Simple as. I also see through his spin for exactly what it is, spin. None of this Illy badmouthing around contract scenarios cuts it with me. The club is being poorly run.
A shek I probably need, but Prince needs a fucking wobble of his head. Take less than £170m and piss off.

I'm caught between two stools. We have to grow up, man up, stiff upper lip, support the club over Ndiaye or any other player etc etc. I totally get that. On the other hand I completely reject any notion that as United fans we shouldn't expect basic competence from this club and anybody that has the honour to be its custodian. I'd rather be all the pejoratives in this thread than a pig fan getting dumped on and then licking the chairman's ring hole and waving his flag afterwards. Every generation of Blades gets told the same thing: accept underachievement, accept zero ambition, accept incompetence. Mirror your own attitude to the serial underachievement of SUFC. It's only football....

Not good enough. We have the right to be pissed off. We have almost all our assets out of contract at the end of the season. A ludicrous way to run a business

I'm shocked to see the myth that Wilder was backed perpetuated on this thread. Our wage bill was circa thirty million less than the next placed Burnley. Forest is being backed. I watch with great interest to see if all these bargains Wilder "refused" to sign will now be brought in.

Like anybody else, I'm very annoyed at losing the most talented player I've ever witnessed in the red, white and black.

Like anybody else, I'm aware of the negative implications of starting the Premier League in his absence.

Like many others, I feel no small measure of anger towards how the whole business has been conducted, with specific reference to our glorious leaders in the boardroom.

But there remains a squad to be built by Paul Heckingbottom and his staff.

There remains an entire team to get behind, and to scream our lungs out in support of for over 38 games. Those lads will need every decibel of it. It WILL make a difference. If you don't believe it does, I refer you to 2020/21. That's where you and I come in.

Being pissed off is understandable, and I'm not being dismissive of the understandable negative reaction.

But the sheer degree of self-flagellating, doom-mongering, and downright apocalyptic expressions of hysteria are quite frankly, an absolute embarrassment.
I've been familiar with this fanbase and community for as long as I can remember, being part of it myself.
I know our proclivity towards pessimism, knee-jerkery and cantankerousness, sometimes justifiable, many times not so much.

But quite frankly, the reaction from many quarters has shocked and surprised even me.

There is a task at hand, it has indeed been made harder. But it will hardly be made easier by non-stop wallowing, knicker-pissing, and spending the next 9 months with our bottom lip sticking out because we no longer have the 'Starboy' in our ranks.

I'll leave you with the immortal advice that my late father imparted to me whenever I was being a mopey bastard.

"Bloody well shek thi sen".
Good post.

Fuck him. He’s taken everyone at the club for mugs. Not least Billy Sharp. Topped off by that performance at the airport last night whilst still a Sheffield United player. Have a bit of respect for the club that picked you up off the scrap heap.

Prince had to step in to stop Wilder selling him to Barnsley. He’s offered Ndiaye a deal he was willing to sign. The club have done what they can to keep him with the resources available.

Its not a matter of “ambition”. The ambition in backing Wilder is what has limited our spending power in the last couple of years and nearly derailed promotion last season.

Get behind the players that want to be here. It’s up to the fans whether they choose to support the team or create a toxic atmosphere. We’ll be playing Crystal Palace in the Premier League rather than Southend in League One.

I also think people are massively overestimating the calibre of clubs like Bournemouth, Wolves, Luton etc.

Like anybody else, I'm very annoyed at losing the most talented player I've ever witnessed in the red, white and black.

Like anybody else, I'm aware of the negative implications of starting the Premier League in his absence.

Like many others, I feel no small measure of anger towards how the whole business has been conducted, with specific reference to our glorious leaders in the boardroom.

There remains an entire team to get behind, and to scream our lungs out in support of for over 38 games. Those lads will need every decibel of it. It WILL make a difference. If you don't believe it does, I refer you to 2020/21. That's where you and I come in.

Being pissed off is understandable, and I'm not being dismissive of the understandable negative reaction.

But the sheer degree of self-flagellating, doom-mongering, and downright apocalyptic expressions of hysteria are quite frankly, an absolute embarrassment.
I've been familiar with this fanbase and community for as long as I can remember, being part of it myself.
I know our proclivity towards pessimism, knee-jerkery and cantankerousness, sometimes justifiable, many times not so much.

But quite frankly, the reaction from many quarters has shocked and surprised even me.

There is a task at hand, it has indeed been made harder. But it will hardly be made easier by non-stop wallowing, knicker-pissing, and spending the next 9 months with our bottom lip sticking out because we no longer have the 'Starboy' in our ranks.

I'll leave you with the immortal advice that my late father imparted to me whenever I was being a mopey bastard.

Only thing I can see being an issue here, weve only got 4 songs left to sing, so its gunna get a bit repetitive isnt it.

😉

A decent post to be fair, summed it up well mate.

I'm caught between two stools. We have to grow up, man up, stiff upper lip, support the club over Ndiaye or any other player etc etc. I totally get that. On the other hand I completely reject any notion that as United fans we shouldn't expect basic competence from this club and anybody that has the honour to be its custodian. I'd rather be all the pejoratives in this thread than a pig fan getting dumped on and then licking the chairman's ring hole and waving his flag afterwards. Every generation of Blades gets told the same thing: accept underachievement, accept zero ambition, accept incompetence. Mirror your own attitude to the serial underachievement of SUFC. It's only football....

Not good enough. We have the right to be pissed off. We have almost all our assets out of contract at the end of the season. A ludicrous way to run a business

I'm shocked to see the myth that Wilder was backed perpetuated on this thread. Our wage bill was circa thirty million less than the next placed Burnley. Forest is being backed. I watch with great interest to see if all these bargains Wilder "refused" to sign will now be brought in.

Totally agree.

And to be clear, I'm not of the opinion that we should just cheer and sing and overlook the absolute shitshow that is how the club is run.

The problem for me isn't the anger, which can be useful if channelled properly. It's the defeatism: "We're already relegated", "we're gonna beat Derby's points total". I even saw one comment yesterday that "I'd rather we got kicked out of the league than lose Ndiaye". I mean, fucking hell. It's this lack of perspective that will do us no good going into the season. And in this day and age, it gets back to the players.

Perhaps you should read the post again.

I've actually gone to great lengths to explain how much I understand the frustration. I also stressed that I'm not trying to be dismissive either.

My criticism is of the degree to which it has been expressed. It's not condescension, I'm imploring us to dust ourselves down and carry on. It's not in our hands to make things better, but we do have the power to not make it worse than it has to be.

And many will be moping for the next 9 months unfortunately. I come across many folk even now who still have the tit on because of Deane and Fjortoft being sold 25 years
Never will we forget! At least I have some solace in that when I was doing work experience at Utd I went into Charles Greens office, took a picture he had on his desk and scratched it. Wasn’t intentional granted - Andy Pack wanted it for the programme and I fucked up taking it out of the frame but I often think take that you bastard. You never knew it was me. Just wish I’d put drawing pins under the cushion on Mike McDonalds chair 😠

Never will we forget! At least I have some solace in that when I was doing work experience at Utd I went into Charles Greens office, took a picture he had on his desk and scratched it. Wasn’t intentional granted - Andy Pack wanted it for the programme and I fucked up taking it out of the frame but I often think take that you bastard. You never knew it was me. Just wish I’d put drawing pins under the cushion on Mike McDonalds chair 😠

Oh yeah, fuck Green and McDonald. They did a lot of damage in a short space of time.

Mate, if they bestowed knighthoods on this forum you’d get the full shabang.

Id be careful though, Charles Green might offer you out in the car park if he ever gets wind of this story.

Where my head is at...
  1. This season was always going to be a hiding to nothing. With N'Diaye, it was just likely to have a bit of spirit and fight about it (it still may) but crucially with the moments of magic scattered throughout. I wanted to enjoy seeing him, and us take it to the big boys, whilst fully expecting to be relegated.
  2. I am so sad to see a player of his calibre leave, he is a great kid, a generational talent, and has a real winners mentality. I am convinced he will go to the very top.
  3. Now, I'm clear that my ill feelings are not towards the N'Diaye situation but how we are being run overall. The Prince can't fund the overhaul we desperately need, or the planned rebuild likely taking place in the championship next season. Nor, will he reduce his ridiculous asking price. This is shafting us. Not amount of shekin' me sen will solve that, nor will it bring me to simply accept this. We are fast running out of time to rebuild for NEXT season, the longer it takes to find a new owner.
  4. That, kills all excitement I could otherwise feel currently. Simple as. I also see through his spin for exactly what it is, spin. None of this Illy badmouthing around contract scenarios cuts it with me. The club is being poorly run.
A shek I probably need, but Prince needs a fucking wobble of his head. Take less than £170m and piss off.
Why do think for a micro-second that the Prince wouldn't accept quite a bit less than £170m if someone came in with a lesser bid.
If you go to buy a housedo you automatically feel that you have to pay the full asking price?

Mate, if they bestowed knighthoods on this forum you’d get the full shabang.

Id be careful though, Charles Green might offer you out in the car park if he ever gets wind of this story.

He’s not seen me feyt

I think you are right. We have to deal with it. He has decided to sign for his boyhood club, and will be playing champions league football. He has served the club well and progressed. I don't think his agent was ever interested in getting him to stay at Sheffield United. However, it could have been far worse. He is moving to France. Could you imagine if he'd signed for Everton or Forest? I was pissed when Morgan Gibbs-White signed for Forest and he was only on loan to us. At least Illy won't be playing against us any time soon. I am sure there are other bargain players out there who can make similar progression and hopefully the scouts have been doing their job.

I think you are right. We have to deal with it. He has decided to sign for his boyhood club, and will be playing champions league football. He has served the club well and progressed. I don't think his agent was ever interested in getting him to stay at Sheffield United. However, it could have been far worse. He is moving to France. Could you imagine if he'd signed for Everton or Forest? I was pissed when Morgan Gibbs-White signed for Forest and he was only on loan to us. At least Illy won't be playing against us any time soon. I am sure there are other bargain players out there who can make similar progression and hopefully the scouts have been doing their job.

Yeah, Ndiaye moving elsewhere in England would've been unbearable, especially to Forest. On the plus side, it does seem like our scouting network have prepared for this outcome.
I think it'll be virtually impossible to find anybody who emulate his style, but I'd settle for some overall improvement and depth to the squad.

Back
Top Bottom