The dreaded Premier league next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jimmy23

Reaction score
The gritty and muddy stadiums where we can take 5k plus to (Oakwell, Reebok stadium)

The Passionate fanbases of many including Derby, Sunderland and dare I say it…S6

I for one do prefer championship football hands down. I’ve forgotten what it’s like to be competitive to be quite honest! But what is the prize of doing well in a league like this? Promotion to the Premier League again? Is this honestly now seen as an achievement, because to me it seems like a dreaded reward of high ticket prices, non competitive games and VAR. It may seem dramatic, but I see promotion to the Premier League as a punishment for doing so well. So were does this leave everyone? Is it a punishment now? How will people react if (and it’s very possible) that next season we get the right players under CW and go straight back up? To me, shots create goals, goals win games, and winning games is something I love as do the other teams, but what is our ultimate goal? Because celebrating every victory next season will only put us more points closer to the “dreaded premier league”.

So what are we actually enjoying and achieving at this point, because by the looks of it we’re going to be stuck in this little yoyo rut for a few years to come. It can only get worse from here

UTB

The gritty and muddy stadiums where we can take 5k plus to (Oakwell, Reebok stadium)

The Passionate fanbases of many including Derby, Sunderland and dare I say it…S6

I for one do prefer championship football hands down. I’ve forgotten what it’s like to be competitive to be quite honest! But what is the prize of doing well in a league like this? Promotion to the Premier League again? Is this honestly now seen as an achievement, because to me it seems like a dreaded reward of high ticket prices, non competitive games and VAR. It may seem dramatic, but I see promotion to the Premier League as a punishment for doing so well. So were does this leave everyone? Is it a punishment now? How will people react if (and it’s very possible) that next season we get the right players under CW and go straight back up? To me, shots create goals, goals win games, and winning games is something I love as do the other teams, but what is our ultimate goal? Because celebrating every victory next season will only put us more points closer to the “dreaded premier league”.

So what are we actually enjoying and achieving at this point, because by the looks of it we’re going to be stuck in this little yoyo rut for a few years to come. It can only get worse from here

UTB
I’d be happy for us to win the league but then receive a massive points deduction for breaching FFP.

Its the pain of success!! Sadly we might need promotion again unless our owner either a. starts putting funds back into the club or b. sells up to someone vastly richer than him

UTB
Understandable feelings, but there is no point following a team and not wanting them to win. If winning every game (we won’t) wouldn’t make you happy, imagine what losing every game would feel like. The evidence that we will come straight back up is not strong, particularly if the uncertainty over ownership continues. I would rather return to the Premier League than get relegated to League 1. There are worse things than yo-yoing.

I’d be happy for a European Super League to go ahead and for the clubs who join it to be permanently cut free by their domestic leagues with no opportunity to return. There would be a lot less money in the domestic game but it would return it to being a much more level playing field.
I was quite fed up when I learnt that the idea of the Super League was to replace the Champions League - but with more money for the big boys. I'd be delighted if they all cleared off

UTB
We need PL football for the money purposes.

Think I’d honestly be happier if we spent a while in the Championship, re-building a new identity based around young homegrown players (Brooks, Arblaster etc), playing decent football with a strong connection with the fans, before stepping foot in the PL again.

It won’t happen but it seems far more appealing than where we’re currently at as a club!

Think I’d honestly be happier if we spent a while in the Championship, re-building a new identity based around young homegrown players (Brooks, Arblaster etc), playing decent football with a strong connection with the fans, before stepping foot in the PL again.

It won’t happen but it seems far more appealing than where we’re currently at as a club!
Love that idea mate! At the moment the disconnection I feel around the club with everything going on with the current form and owenership upstairs is quite strong. Of course I’ll be renewing because United will never be taken away from my heart and the idea of Brooks, Blaster and possibly Jebbo fulfilling their potential along with others to create some very happy years puts a lot of excitement in me!

Love that idea mate! At the moment the disconnection I feel around the club with everything going on with the current form and owenership upstairs is quite strong. Of course I’ll be renewing because United will never be taken away from my heart and the idea of Brooks, Blaster and possibly Jebbo fulfilling their potential along with others to create some very happy years puts a lot of excitement in me!

Completely agree mate.

It’s what made the journey during Wilder’s first spell so special - players not only playing for the shirt but doing it whilst playing an exciting brand of football that we all loved.

Even if we weren’t quite as successful as back then, having that connection between fans and team back would be far more enjoyable than at the minute.

Ticket prices will be higher than the £30 PL cap.. feck knows what the rip off pigs will charge us. Particularly as we will miss first half stuck on a tram somewhere to avoid the windy Wendy wannabes on swillsBorough corner..

I’d be happy for a European Super League to go ahead and for the clubs who join it to be permanently cut free by their domestic leagues with no opportunity to return. There would be a lot less money in the domestic game but it would return it to being a much more level playing field.
Completely agree. Thought at the time that the door should be slammed shut in their faces when they showed their hand

No aspect of the Premier League gives clubs like ours a chance.

VAR, 5 subs, FFP.

Only option is to risk financial ruin. Even then, we have to buy sub-standard players at high cost as all the teams at the bottom end are competing for the same players.

There would be enough big clubs left in England to generate a great league.

We wouldn't complain if we were staying up and looking like building on it.
As generally a prolonged stay in the PL can often lead to a cup final/honour.

The target has to be to become a premier league club who are not just there for a season but for many seasons.

It's within our capabilities as a club but as we all know it requires more money than we've had.

Ive said this before and wholeheartedly agree with you

Football in this country needs a reset theres too much money involved and the top 6 clubs in the PL have unlimited wealth due to their owners .There are another 6/8 clubs spending fortunes trying to just stay in the PL just look at Forest and what they have spent. You need a billionaire owner just to try and avoid relegation and if youre lucky compete for a mid table spot

No matter how much money Sky etc put into the game be sure the players and their greedy agents will take it out
In an ideal world there needs to be some kind of salary cap but it wont happen

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, I feel that a new group of clubs would just fill the void. Villa, West Ham, Newcastle etc. They'd try to engineer the biggest share just like the present lot. Simple greed.

They would all likely be in administration within minutes of the big clubs fucking off, as TV companies would no longer give a shit about the Premier League, all current deals would be voided, and any future deals would be at a tiny fraction of what is currently being paid - at least domestically, overseas markets probably just don't take the product at all. Be careful what you wish for.

UTB
Simple, it sustains us.. we’d be on a steady decline without it and not be competitive in the champ

They would all likely be in administration within minutes of the big clubs fucking off, as TV companies would no longer give a shit about the Premier League, all current deals would be voided, and any future deals would be at a tiny fraction of what is currently being paid - at least domestically, overseas markets probably just don't take the product at all. Be careful what you wish for.
I could see that too. The richest clubs would still demand the biggest slice of the cake though. Even if it was only a jaffa cake!

The whole thing puts me in a dilemma.
As a supporter of Sheffield United I should want us to succeed. When we're in the Championship and doing well I find myself thinking "yeah, but next season we'll be in that fucking Premier League" and it takes the gloss off it.

I hate the Premier League - the diving and cheating, the misuse of VAR, the bias towards the big boys.

I often wonder if that malaise towards the Premier League could eventually lead me to stop attending games.
I hope not.

Yes but if the young uns comes good the big boys will come knocking

Boo hoo hoo, listen to you all,
Premier League is shit because we ant got no moneh and can't complete with Bournemouth, Brighton, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Brentford and Luton.

You'll be saying the same thing next year when we can't compete with Coventry, Watford, Bristol City, Birmingham, Cardiff and well anybody.

UTB
It shouldn’t be hard to adapt back to the Championship.

To be honest it felt like we never left!

The EPL solution is a fairly simple one. Throw money at the problem until it goes away.

The major problem is a lack of quality and consistency with match officials. Pay them a lot more, but make it performance related.

Most matches in EPL have a referee and two assistants. They have a fourth official and they have VAR.
Why put up with amateurs?

Hi Stegosaurus here

Saying you prefer the Championship than the Premier League is like saying you'd rather be banging the fat, greasy slapper from the Dog & Duck than the hot, young receptionist at work.

Watch players like Ruben Dias, Rodri and Declan Rice each week or Danny Ward, George Honeyman and Mustapha Bundu

Tricky one ...

Hi Stegosaurus here

Saying you prefer the Championship than the Premier League is like saying you'd rather be banging the fat, greasy slapper from the Dog & Duck than the hot, young receptionist at work.

Watch players like Ruben Dias, Rodri and Declan Rice each week or Danny Ward, George Honeyman and Mustapha Bundu

Tricky one ...
Whilst I get your point.

If all the receptionist at work is going to do is let you take her out for a meal and drinks, let you pay the bill and then fuck off with a better looking bloke with a ripped physique, a better job, a bigger cock and more money while you walk home and wank into your sock.

Then the mucky bird from the Dog and Duck is sending you filthy pics as soon as she’s got your number, you’ve heard she can suck a bowling ball through a straw and when you turn up at hers for the date she answers the door in her birthday suit and leads you upstairs.

You might choose the latter.

Don’t get too too disheartened though my dino buddy, you’ve just got to get ripped, buy a cock pump and get a few promotions at work and you’ll soon be pulling the new model working on reception.

Back
Top Bottom