The different variations of Blades supporter

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WeAreBlades1889

Reaction score
It seems to me that Blades fans fall into one of 2 categories:

1) The 'Die Hard - In Wilder we trust' type, who say they haven't missed a game in 40 years and smack their old lass around when the Blades lose. They can't see any fault with Chris or what the way Chris' team are playing and would probably lick Chris' shaft clean after he had a go on the said Mrs.

2) The reasonable Blade - This type of Blade can see what a great job Wilder has done, but realise it is time for him to move on.
The form and performances have been absolutely appalling all season and he hasn't done anything about it.
So he plays these same poor players next season, in the same formation that hasn't worked all season and people think we'll come straight back up. His attitude has been disgraceful over the last few months, often acting like a petulant kid.
If he hasn't got the control he feels he deserves, he should have walked with his dignity intact, but it appears to me that he was doing anything he could (interviews/same team/formation) to get the sack and get a nice big payout.
We all live a good story and live him being 'One of our own', but it looks like he just can't cut the mustard at this level. Last season was clearly a fluke, just like the time Ipswich got into Europe.

Stop all the moaning and groaning and let's move forward.
A change is what's needed for the good of the club and everyone involved.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks...

Keep chanting it, like a mantra and it'll all be ok.

Wonder if there is anyone out there who wants Wilder out but would also like to lick his shaft clean.

1) The 'Die Hard - In Wilder we trust' type, who say they haven't missed a game in 40 years and smack their old lass around when the Blades lose. They can't see any fault with Chris or what the way Chris' team are playing and would probably lick Chris' shaft clean after he had a go on the said Mrs.

2) The reasonable Blade - This type of Blade can see what a great job Wilder has done, but realise it is time for him to move on.
The form and performances have been absolutely appalling all season and he hasn't done anything about it.
So he plays these same poor players next season, in the same formation that hasn't worked all season and people think we'll come straight back up. His attitude has been disgraceful over the last few months, often acting like a petulant kid.
If he hasn't got the control he feels he deserves, he should have walked with his dignity intact, but it appears to me that he was doing anything he could (interviews/same team/formation) to get the sack and get a nice big payout.
We all live a good story and live him being 'One of our own', but it looks like he just can't cut the mustard at this level. Last season was clearly a fluke, just like the time Ipswich got into Europe.

You're new here, aren't you

So group 1 are wife beaters are they?

What should we call group 2 then - nonces??? 😀

This 100%

You can have the opinion taht CW is a legend and arguably our best ever manager

You can also be of the opinion that The Prince should have more control on transfers through a DOF

It wouldn’t be reasonable to compromise if you were CW the majority of clubs have DOF it is not unreasonable for the Prince to want this

If CW doesn’t want to compromise then leave , we’re bottom of the league and have been dreadful since the restart

Is there a third category just for you ?

So...this is a thread calling to unite the fanbase, whilst also suggesting that the fans are in two camps, the good and the bad? 😆

Sorry but there are some feckin weird characters in all kinds of ways around me on the kop so "2 categories" is a bag o' shite.

This 100%

You can have the opinion taht CW is a legend and arguably our best ever manager

You can also be of the opinion that The Prince should have more control on transfers through a DOF

It wouldn’t be reasonable to compromise if you were CW the majority of clubs have DOF it is not unreasonable for the Prince to want this

If CW doesn’t want to compromise then leave , we’re bottom of the league and have been dreadful since the restart
Pretty much my thinking!
Obviously don’t know the ins and outs but with the transfer record since promotion if I were the Prince I’d be asking questions, and with the season we’ve had Wilder isn’t in the untouchable position he once was so should take in other points of view.

OP must have thought about that really hard so bad in fact had to create an account today and get it off his chest. Welcome to S24su great first post. 🤔

Load of bollox

Now that's how you bring people together! A stirring speech accusing half the fuckers of being totally unreasonable and sycophants! Great stuff, straight out of the Donald Trump book of diplomacy.

There’s quite clearly more variations, as evidenced by this forum.

As Roy Walker of Catchphrase fame used to say, "It's not good, in fact it's a load of bollocks"

Here are the two actual types.

1) Those who have seen the utter horror show that this season has brought and know that there have been shortcomings in recruitment and tactical approach but have kept faith in Chris Wilder because for 75% of his tenure, he's blown apart all expectations and deserves the loyalty he has and also recognise the externalities that have contributed to our downturn. As such, they want him here because they believe he has the ability to put things right.

2) Lowlife, soulless ghouls who had their pitchforks out and sharpened as early as September. The "thanks for everything Chris but now that we've had a few setbacks, there's the door and don't let it hit you on the arse on your way out, oh and by the way, go fuck yourself" Brigade.
They were probably yanking their dead grandma's gold teeth out with pliars before the body was even cold, fucking ingrates.
Plenty of this type have identified themselves this season, and as such, their opinion on any aspect of Sheffield United should never be regarded ever again.

I'm Catagory 1, suffice to say.

Back
Top Bottom