The biggest issue?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What’s the biggest issue?

• Fitness/injuries

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Recruitment

Votes: 65 28.0%
  • Ownership

Votes: 133 57.3%
  • Management

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • Bad luck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VAR/refs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Selling Ndiaye and Berge

Votes: 9 3.9%

• Total voters
If you choose Brighton as a very relevant comparison, they had some cash but not a lot, they've invested well I'm infrastructure. A good ground and fan experience, a quality accounting system, they've played the long game. Our owner could learn a lot of lessons from teams like Brighton and Brentford.

Yes Brighton who have spent over half billion, That Brighton who have an owner who is worth around 1.3 billion.

Yes Brighton who have spent over half billion, That Brighton who have an owner who is worth around 1.3 billion.
If you look at their last 5 seasons, they've received much more in transfer fees than they've spent. As I say, they have a good scouting network, they've bought decent players on decent fees based on the fact they're selling players for £50-100m

If you look at their last 5 seasons, they've received much more in transfer fees than they've spent. As I say, they have a good scouting network, they've bought decent players on decent fees based on the fact they're selling players for £50-100m

Yeah and they had money to invest getting to the PL and maintaining their PL status.

A club like ours with just a millionaire owner needs PL money to keep the lights on without further investment or sponsorship from elsewhere. A bit like Norwich really unless Delia sells another book.

I’m not sure. I think the majority of fans would buy in to a longer term project if it was well communicated and they could see signs of progress. I think the thick ones who want everything now, whilst being very noisy, are very much in the minority. So, fuck ‘em.
I suspect you’re more optimistic than me ;)

Maybe we’re in the process of building a new long-term project and we’re happy to let the dead wood leave, whilst bringing through the next generation of Blades? Or maybe now I’m just being the optimistic one…

I suspect you’re more optimistic than me ;)

Maybe we’re in the process of building a new long-term project and we’re happy to let the dead wood leave, whilst bringing through the next generation of Blades? Or maybe now I’m just being the optimistic one…
Ripped off your tits more like!

A big part of Tony Bloom’s investment was on the ground, training ground & academy, things that, whilst needing upgrading, we already have.

At the moment they are profit making & cash generative because they have an exemplary scouting & recruitment department. That didn’t cost anything like half a billion to fund.

A big part of Tony Bloom’s investment was on the ground, training ground & academy, things that, whilst needing upgrading, we already have.

At the moment they are profit making & cash generative because they have an exemplary scouting & recruitment department. That didn’t cost anything like half a billion to fund.

It isn't free either.

Apparently the Brighton winger who scored two goals cost a mere £6m
And will sell him for about 30 million. See, that is what GOOD, recruiting does. They look, beyond what agents send them, for prospects playing in an inferior league to their talents. Offer the chance to shine in the Premier League, give a very attractive wage and wait a few years for the offers to come in. Rinse and repeat.
BUT, you need ownership to give initial funding, speculate to accumulate, recruiting team to find them and a desire from the player to see it as a career move/ steeping stone to one of the big clubs.
What is the resale value of the shower we have recruited in the last 5 years. Certainly not game changing. Helped is upgrade here and there I'll concede but we haven't bought a 10 million deal and sold for 50. Our academy has brought in more value, which is one plus at least.
The clubs problems are many and highlighted because we are in the top league on this planet. We have a bright future as long as thise that run the club don't balls it up and sell prospects to pay for a short term upgrade.
Sorry for the rant , but it is roller coaster following The Blades

No, it isn’t, but it is certainly something that a yo yo club can aspire to and makes more long term sense than spending money on the likes of Brewster.

Seems a lot of the clubs plans went out the window when COVID hit. Also, I don't think when PA arrived at the club he expected to find himself in sole ownership of it either.

No, it isn’t, but it is certainly something that a yo yo club can aspire to and makes more long term sense than spending money on the likes of Brewster.
This side hasn’t a yo in them. Never mind a yo yo. These arseholes haven’t got the determination, fight or skill to succeed next year in the Championship.

Recruitment has been terrible. Injuries have been ridiculous, but having no adequate cover has really cost us. Prince needs to go.

If you choose Brighton as a very relevant comparison, they had some cash but not a lot, they've invested well I'm infrastructure. A good ground and fan experience, a quality accounting system, they've played the long game. Our owner could learn a lot of lessons from teams like Brighton and Brentford.
I recommend digging deeper into the clubs you're referring to.

Tony Bloom has put £500m+ into Brighton.

Apparently the Brighton winger who scored two goals cost a mere £6m
It's not like they had £6m to spend and brilliantly threw it all at their main transfer target.

Adingra is one of about 15 players Brighton have rolled the dice on. Each one cost between £6m and £15m. Some of them have paid off and it makes them look great. It's still an expensive strategy, especially to do it as quickly as they have

Ownership end of…..

What is the strategy that all activity should revolve around and support?

Answers on a postcard ….

I am sick to fucking death of reading things like "...selling your best two players and not replacing them ya-da-ya-da"

What this actually means is selling Ndiaye, our star player, who wanted to leave and could NOT be replaced in any universe except with a huge amount of good fortune as he's the best player we've had in many a year and a ready made replacement for him is out of the financial reach of two thirds of the Premeir League - certainly us.

It can't possibly mean Berge, who was barely good enough for our promoted side and HAS been replaced by either Hamer or Souza - take your pick - both of whom are much better than he is and actually have some market value.

Our ownership is what it is. It's not bad in the Oyston or even Chansiri sense, but the decision making is terrible and unlike any other half-decently run professional club I doubt they have the first clue who the decent players or managers are Europe-wide.

Hecky was kept on far too long, he should have gone after Fulham, if not sooner, but instead of appointing a coach who might at least get those lemmings at the back organised and given us a sporting chance they went for..... well there's no point saying is there?

What's the pre-match team talk now?

"Come on lads, let's go out there, score 5 quick and then see if we can hang on for the draw"

Back
Top Bottom