The 2011 Youth Cup Final Blades - Where Are They Now?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

YorkBlade

Reaction score
Put a bit of research in and created a short video looking back on this Youth Cup final (some of you will have joined me in attending these 2 games against Manchester Red) and it's interesting to see where the team have all ended up in their respective careers.

I think it just goes to show you need a lot more than luck to make it in the pro game. The Manchester team wasn't too bad either and had a few lads who went on to play for the Blades.

SHEFFIELD UNITED'S 2011 FA YOUTH CUP FINALISTS - Where are they now?​

I think it just goes to show you need a lot more than luck to make it in the pro game.

Indeed. Harry Maguire is one of the best players we've ever produced, but would anyone have noticed him if it wasn't for a dodgy haircut that made him look a bit like a butch lesbian?

Put a bit of research in and created a short video looking back on this Youth Cup final (some of you will have joined me in attending these 2 games against Manchester Red) and it's interesting to see where the team have all ended up in their respective careers.

I think it just goes to show you need a lot more than luck to make it in the pro game. The Manchester team wasn't too bad either and had a few lads who went on to play for the Blades.

SHEFFIELD UNITED'S 2011 FA YOUTH CUP FINALISTS - Where are they now?​

Ben Montgomery went to Loughborough University after being released and I don't think has played football since. Top lad he is.

You can't say 'lesbian' these days. Twitter would have kittens if it heard you. You're supposed to call them LG38"TV.

Or summat....

Why do we still have such absurd comments like this on the forum? There's just no need, and I think shows disrespect for any LGBTQ+ members we may have in our community.

& some respect for our Saudi / Muslim owner ?
I have respect for anyone to begin with. I only change that stance if the person does something (not is reputed to have done something) which I find too offensive to allow me to respect them.
Consequently our owner and all members of this Forum have my respect at present, not least because I have not had the opportunity to meet them and form my own opinion.

Interesting watch. I'd forgot about a couple of those (Montgomery and Gregory).

It's a shame Kennedy suffered with the knee injuries, seemed to have enough about him to at least be playing in the Championship by now.

Interesting watch. I'd forgot about a couple of those (Montgomery and Gregory).

It's a shame Kennedy suffered with the knee injuries, seemed to have enough about him to at least be playing in the Championship by now.
Terry Kennedy definitely is one of the biggest contenders for getting better at football the less he played. He was a ‘kick it head it’ defender, lacking in height but with a bit of pace. To some of our fans he was the next Baresi.

Terry Kennedy definitely is one of the biggest contenders for getting better at football the less he played. He was a ‘kick it head it’ defender, lacking in height but with a bit of pace. To some of our fans he was the next Baresi.
It's not just our fans that rated him.

I remember Kennedy was rated higher than Maguire in his younger days. Never put a foot wrong when he played aswell.

His performance in the away game at Bristol City was outstanding. He was better than a 'kick it head it' defender. Shame about the injuries

I have respect for anyone to begin with. I only change that stance if the person does something (not is reputed to have done something) which I find too offensive to allow me to respect them.
Consequently our owner and all members of this Forum have my respect at present, not least because I have not had the opportunity to meet them and form my own opinion.
Fair enough. I was trying to point out that over the last few years there have been many abusive and racist posts that haven't been challenged

Can anyone name the three Man U players that played in the 2011 FA Youth Cup final that went on to play for United (the real United, not that tin-pot outfit from Newton Heath!!!) ?

Back
Top Bottom