The ‘be patient’ brigade

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Houston_Blade

Reaction score
At what point does patience run out and we accept that the board have conspired to completely fuck this season up with their dealings just before the season started?

We are completely and utterly out of our depth and there is an acceptance at the club that this is the case.

Next week we’ve had more international breaks than we’ve got points.

I know there’s not much we can do about it but surely the most clappy of clappers can see that this was caused by not doing business early enough and subsequently not doing the right business.

Leicester’s sub left back is our first choice, Norwood is still in the side getting strolled past by much stronger and faster players. Our forward line is starved of service and incapable of producing for themselves.

At what point does patience run out and we accept that the board have conspired to completely fuck this season up with their dealings just before the season started?

We are completely and utterly out of our depth and there is an acceptance at the club that this is the case.

I know there’s not much we can do about it but surely the most clappy of clappers can see that this was caused by not doing business early enough and subsequently not doing the right business.

Leicester’s sub left back is our first choice, Norwood is still in the side getting strolled past by much stronger and faster players. Our forward line is starved of service and incapable of producing for themselves.
What good is changing the manager going to do if we were fucked before we started?

What do you propose?

What do you propose?
It’s not my job to propose anything. I’m venting.

Unfortunately I don’t have a Time Machine.

The only option now is to sack Hecky, despite the fact he’s been dealt a shit hand by his superiors. There’s no guarantee that it will work and if it were me I’d keep him as we’re pretty much nailed on to go down and he might do something next season.

How about 4 in midfield where we wont be outmanned every game. How about one up front and try passing it to him instead of hoofing. Play the triangles to get out of trouble. Maybe try a sweeper. Stop the damn no look flicks. Track your man better... Otherwise stay the same and lose every game

Er.....just before the season started

It doesn't hold true either, we got a fair number of the target players that fans wanted to sign.

They didn't come in soon enough yes but we still got them in.

Amazingly Norwood was our best midfielder.

Best if you just accept this season is a write of. As depressing as it is, I have accepted since the palace game. It embarrassing that we have purposely not even tried to make an effort to compete this year. But not worth getting worked up over. Doesn't matter what manager we have. We are just so un-competitive. The prince has no intention to sell either so don't hang out for that.

Well, we can’t change the board can we? Or the playing staff. Anyone advocating for change now is advocating purely for a change in manager.
I’m advocating nothing, I’m merely pointing out at we were asked to be patient and it appears that the answers were already there. There was no need to be patient, it was glaringly obvious that the board fucked up.

I’m advocating nothing, I’m merely pointing out at we were asked to be patient and it appears that the answers were already there. There was no need to be patient, it was glaringly obvious that the board fucked up.
And the answer was always that we weren’t prepared to go down. Our entire structure isn’t set up for the top flight. Changing one part of that structure will make fuck all difference.

What good is changing the manager going to do if we were fucked before we started?
You've got to start questioning his lineups, formation and in game changes. Luton have as worse squad than us but are making a better fist of things

It’s not my job to propose anything. I’m venting.

Unfortunately I don’t have a Time Machine.

The only option now is to sack Hecky, despite the fact he’s been dealt a shit hand by his superiors. There’s no guarantee that it will work and if it were me I’d keep him as we’re pretty much nailed on to go down and he might do something next season.
Rubbish.
We aren’t as good as other teams as we haven’t got the money. End of.
We’ll probably go down. So who’s the best man to get us back up? Hecky. The one who got us up, when was it? Oh yes, last season!

Just support the team and staff. That’s what supporters should do.

What worries me is that this team will struggle in the championship
Yeah, I think there’s this assumption that we’ll go down but next season this side will be great in the league below. But I don’t see this team in this way of playing getting near automatic promotion.

Rubbish.
We aren’t as good as other teams as we haven’t got the money. End of.
We’ll probably go down. So who’s the best man to get us back up? Hecky. The one who got us up, when was it? Oh yes, last season!

Just support the team and staff. That’s what supporters should do.
Did you read what I said?

I wouldn’t sack Hecky, but to retain any credibility the board now only have 1 option. They’ve hamstrung him with their actions and they will have to sack him to look like they are taking being a PL team seriously. In reality their actions show that they never were.

I am not sure who we could have otherwise signed that we could afford AND who wanted to come to us.
I think what we put together was as good as we could, even though most are not up to PL standard. Remember the remit was to recruit young players who could be improved so we could bounce back with a better squad.

Did you read what I said?

I wouldn’t sack Hecky, but to retain any credibility the board now only have 1 option. They’ve hamstrung him with their actions and they will have to sack him to look like they are taking being a PL team seriously. In reality their actions show that they never were.
I don’t think the owner expected us to stay up, but the money put us in a better financial position (which was vital) and enabled us to sign players who he hopes can bring us back up.

Completely lost what your point is? Recruitment hasn’t been good and we acted late in the summer? If that’s it, then no shit Sherlock!
It’s what we do from here which matters and sacking Hecky won’t have an impact as it’s the same players.

I am not sure who we could have otherwise signed that we could afford AND who wanted to come to us.
I think what we put together was as good as we could, even though most are not up to PL standard. Remember the remit was to recruit young players who could be improved so we could bounce back with a better squad.
I’d question that strategy. With a bit more outlay last time we’d have had Watkins instead of Mousset. We haven’t taken any learnings from that debacle.

Back
Top Bottom