Thanks to a few released

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slim Man

Reaction score
id like to place on here thanks to a few who we've let go, who do deserve a bit of credit for always giving 100% for the shirt and showing the right attitude. Due to injury problems or just due to them not being good enough they've gone now and the rebuild starts but they've given us some good times and I'm much happier about the likes of Woolford, Hammond and Coutts on the transfer list than I am that these guys have gone

Jay McEveley, Ryan Flynn, Bob Harris, Terry Kennedy namely.
Don't know whether the others really warrant much of a thanks...

McEveley got some stick but he always came back and never shied away. Good end to last season and I'd probably have kept him to be honest.
Flynn was full of heart and desire but just so inconsistent and injury prone.
Bob Harris loved playing in the shirt and filled our left back problem for a few seasons but injuries put an end to it
Tel, less said about his injuries the better. Maybe will walk away from the professional game.

Been part of the great cup runs and would run through brick walls for United. For whatever reason it hasn't worked but I wish this lot all the best.
Sad to see them go but it's time for a rebuild so it needs to happen.

id like to place on here thanks to a few who we've let go, who do deserve a bit of credit for always giving 100% for the shirt and showing the right attitude. Due to injury problems or just due to them not being good enough they've gone now and the rebuild starts but they've given us some good times and I'm much happier about the likes of Woolford, Hammond and Coutts on the transfer list than I am that these guys have gone

McEveley got some stick but he always came back and never shied away. Good end to last season and I'd probably have kept him to be honest.
Bob Harris loved playing in the shirt and filled our left back problem for a few seasons but injuries put an end to it
Tel, less said about his injuries the better. Maybe will walk away from the professional game.

Been part of the great cup runs and would run through brick walls for United. For whatever reason it hasn't worked but I wish this lot all the best.

Can't see many disagreeing with that sentiment.

Good luck lads in the future.

On a side note; there has been much discussion about the club being unable to keep players who want to leave, but the his cull shows how precarious it can be as a professional footballer.no wonder they take an opportunity when it arises.

Can't see many disagreeing with that sentiment.

Good luck lads in the future.

On a side note; there has been much discussion about the club being unable to keep players who want to leave, but the his cull shows how precarious it can be as a professional footballer.no wonder they take an opportunity when it arises.
There's a few on the list and transfer list who I can't bring myself to wish well but these.4 players have shown what it means to be a blade. Not just come here, sit on a packet, give 50%, laugh at the fans and then bank the lot and fuck off back to their parent club.

Similar to when Doyle left for me, I wish we could transfer their heart and soul and passion into some of the other, fitter, more gifted players bodies. We might have half a chance then.

Hope they get sorted out quickly.

Jay McEveley, Ryan Flynn, Bob Harris, Terry Kennedy namely
You must have been watching a different j McEveley to me, because the one I watched made continual mistakes, bizarre handballs as well as bad tackling bad defending, ball watching an the faults go on and on, good riddance I think.

I agree completely that Jay Mc. He never tried to hide, however badly things went for him. Personally I'd have offered him another year, but I understand why others wouldn't.

Can't agree 'Flynn was full of heart'. A good technical neat player but he wasn't big enough, fast enough and never seemed to want it enough IMHO.

Thought Bob was unlucky with injuries but had the right attitude. If we weren't keeping JM, then I'd have kept him

Tel, a crying shame that such a potentially good player has knees of chocolate. I've heard Paul Scholes is trying to get him to sign for Salford.

I disagree totally with your inclusion of Jay McEveley he is one of the worst players I've seen at the lane,his poor defending bad passing,constant ball watching, horrendous miss timed tackling, then to cap it all off the strange decisions to handball in the penalty area. I say it's agreed decision from Chris Wilder.

I disagree totally with your inclusion of Jay McEveley he is one of the worst players I've seen at the lane,his poor defending bad passing,constant ball watching, horrendous miss timed tackling, then to cap it all off the strange decisions to handball in the penalty area. I say it's agreed decision from Chris Wilder.
I don't disagree with the decision. I probably would have given him another year yeah as back up but then again I don't know what money he's on

Say what you will about him, he had a lot more bollocks than most of that team last season. If he fucked up he'd hold his hands up and come out fighting. He never hid. Can't knock the man for that.

Overall he wasn't and isn't good enough to be here but you can't knock the guys attitude and application.

Always like Bob Harris and thought he played pretty well most of the time.

Will always remember Flynn's goal at Villa in the cup.

Good luck fellas

McEveley, eh. It's kinda like tipping the waitress even though she got your order wrong and spilt a pint on your lap.

Wasn't very good at his job most of the time, but he did care, so I'll wish him well.

To Flynn I say: thank you for Villa away. Best away day of my life.

Kennedy: good luck. I have a sad feeling you might need it.

Harris: your camp wave still does the rounds on Twitter/Vine occasionally, so that's nice. Hope you get 'the move' you want.

To be honest, I'm not sure any of them deserve thanks for giving 100% for the club. Maybe Harris and Kennedy.

Flynn had his moments and has been a decent servant. The fact he only seemed to perform when playing for a contract suggests he didn't always give 100%.

Harris was decent for a while. Too injury prone.

Kennedy would be playing at a higher level but for injuries. No option to release unfortunately.

Credit to McEveley for turning it around a bit last season. Looked at home in the LCB position but we can do better, keeping him would've meant accepting more howlers and accepting that he'd play a lot of games. No thanks. He also represents low standards and failure.

Thanks for only giving me scabs and not HIV.

Let's hope your next recipients wear protection.

Ryan Flynn is a frustrating player. He lacked confidence in his own ability at times, on his day he was a pacey, skillful player who could get to the byline and deliver a decent cross. I think this could be the one that comes back and bites us on the bum in years to come!

I would include JCR amongst them Danny, running rings round QPR at Loftus Road sticks in the mind.

Campbell-Ryce is the only one who I wish well. Yes we know about his shit crossing abilities but he was the only one who looked vaguely interested when on the ball and at times he stood out in a dull, uninspiring team.

The rest I really don't give a fuck about....at all.
JCR is probably another one tbf

JCR is one of those winger types who can either be utterly exciting , or in some defenders pocket, as is the way withmost wingers
some days he could win games others it was like watching a crisp packet floating about on the pitch

but great thanks for games like at QPR , when the dr Jeckell turned up

I would like to personally thank Bob Harris for getting Tony McMahon the fuck out of my club. We will never forget.

Agree with your sentiment but it was actually Brayford who got rid of the petulant whinging dirty wanker, could take a decent set piece mind...

Ryan Flynn is a frustrating player. He lacked confidence in his own ability at times, on his day he was a pacey, skillful player who could get to the byline and deliver a decent cross. I think this could be the one that comes back and bites us on the bum in years to come!

Hope so.

I'd add Howard to that list not the best 'Keeper we've ever had but not the worst either. Unfortunately he simply wasn't good enough for a League One team going for Promotion, but he'd do in League Two or back where he came from in Scotland. Agree that he should be released but he always did his best.

Terry Kennedy, gave 100% every time, a real shame to have such bad injuries so young.

Ryan Flynn - that goal at Aston Villa will always stick in my mind.
To be honest looking down the list you could possibly include JCR and Howard.

We've always been fans who respect players who give 110% for the shirt, I for one respect this lot. Since we've been in league one far too many haven't. The transfer list is full of them.

Kennedy might take up physiotherapy and come back as manager for us in due course. I don't think they teach them all cliches and jargon on the physio courses!!:):eek:

None of them are good enough hence they aren't staying.

I associate many of them with failure and are glad we are no longer paying them.

None of them are good enough hence they aren't staying.

I associate many of them with failure and are glad we are no longer paying them.
So am I, but it wasn't down to a lack of effort and whether you like it or not in the modern day game that's something you can relate to and respect.

They weren't good enough but they gave 100% for the shirt and that's all we can ask.

If Coutts and Hammond had their levels of effort we wouldn't be looking for a brand new midfield.

Back
Top Bottom