Thanks Besic. Sons crying.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

knowsnowt

Get to fuck!
Reaction score
Shameful I know but I backed him to get sent off tonight. Almost thought I had it!
Thought he put in an goods shift tonight but hes gotta control them tackles. If his foot hadnt have already been off the ground that would have been a nasty one and almost certainly a var red.
Bit of a lucky escape imo.

Shameful I know but I backed him to get sent off tonight. Almost thought I had it!
Thought he put in an goods shift tonight but hes gotta control them tackles. If his foot hadnt have already been off the ground that would have been a nasty one and almost certainly a var red.

And after just 5 minutes. Stopped his natural aggression after that yellow.

I’m quite enjoying this brand of edge-of-the-seat play where you’re alarmed that all your midfielders are going to get second bookings early into games. Besic Football, as Garth Crooks calls it.

I love watching him. It’s a bit like having Michael Brown back. Unfortunately you get away with less these days. He wouldn’t have got nearly as many bookings even 10/15 years ago.

He’s that bit of bite in midfield that you need on nights like tonight. Someone to unsettle the opposition. Nothing wrong with giving someone a kick every now and again.

He needs to cut that recklessness out of his game. He was muted after that. Charging and stopping. There were a few iffy high feet from him (and Fleck) as well, which weren't wise.

Clearly a good player. Clearly got a lot of skill and a snappy tackler. Needs to be a bit more composed and work on his decision making.

He needs to cut that recklessness out of his game. He was muted after that. Charging and stopping. There were a few iffy high feet from him (and Fleck) as well, which weren't wise.

Clearly a good player. Clearly got a lot of skill and a snappy tackler. Needs to be a bit more composed and work on his decision making.

Have to disagree. I think if anything the yellow card made him think more and he was a lot more composed with and without the ball.

He really impressed me tonight. Another good showing vs. Millwall at weekend and he has to start against Palace away.

Looked good again. Horrible challenge for his yellow. Looks a bit better on the replay but still stupid.

He's a weired one this lad. He marks players like he's playing rugby in a scrum position, he dives in like a lunatic but he actually has a fair level of skill? He needs working on.

When he's facing an opposition player he hangs so close to the ground, like an orangutan, or a chimpanzee; I kept expecting him to suddenly leap into the air like he was doing a simian star-jump. Come to think of it, I saw him picking at John Egan's nits and eating them whilst waiting for a corner.

He was tidy on the ball. Probably our most accurate passer of the game. They were mostly short and safe passes, but we had a lot of trouble keeping the ball, so it was very welcome.

Defensively, surprisingly I don’t think he did much, actually. No tackles and no interceptions (Norwood was poor on the ball, but made several important interceptions (very overlooked part of his game)), and the booking was stupid, really.

Positionally Besic was ok, although in the first half thought felt he got in the way of our attacks with one or two of his runs. Was better in the 2nd half. He was busy out of possession and most of the time he was goalside or trying to get goalside of the ball and being in the way.

Overall, considering it was Man City, he did well, and would be up for seeing some more of him in the upcoming games.

He also won me a few quid on first booking!

It was clear that there was a job to be done on Fernandinho and Laporte. To rough them up a bit. Besic's tackle for the booking was a little over the top, but when the camera's were focusing on him afterwards and the commentators were saying that he was daft and over the top, he was winking, giving the thumbs up and smiling

Sure enough, a few moments later when Egan went in for a header at a corner Laporte was rattled again and seemed to react to Egan, which Egan handled brilliantly. McBurnie was perhaps a little less measured as he leaned his head in to break it up.

Will be good against the teams when we are defending for the majority. But he doesn’t offer a great deal going forward but a good performance tonight.

I had him to get booked, paid out super fast.

Will be good against the teams when we are defending for the majority. But he doesn’t offer a great deal going forward but a good performance tonight.
Completely disagree ,very comfortable on the ball ,more than Lunny. Look at the goal at Arsenal ,the catalyst for the goal. Lunny gave the ball away 3 times with poor crosses when in good positions ,Mo doesnt do that.

Back
Top Bottom