Teams & Score v City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd like to see Norwood and berge holding
Ndiaye in a free role behind jebbo and mcburnie who will also have to drop deep

Blades win on penalties after 1-1

Wes
Anel Egan Robinson
Baldock Berge Norwood Lowe
Ndayie
Jebbison Mcburnie

Wes
Anel Egan Clark
Baldock Norwood Coulibaly Robinson
Berge. Illi
Osula

I've been told that Sharp will lead the team out and start the game. City beat Burnley 6-0 so anything less than that will be a result.....if we play like we did in the first half last night then I shall just close my eyes and think about promotion o_O UTB
And if we get promoted we play them at least twice next year. OMG

5~0 Manchester……

I live up the road from the Etihad, lots of City friends, off to the NQ to watch the game. So excited, but also a realist and a pint half empty….. I’ve said if we win I’ll strip naked in Stevenson Sq…….

We absolutely HAVE to have a player at the top of the pitch who is capable of getting the ball to stick. Otherwise it’s coming straight back, time after time. Against a city side who will have most of the possession anyway, this aspect is essential.

Only one man for that job 😉.

Hecky knows !!

UTB

We get pissed off by the BBC etc referring to Man U as 'United' as though there's only one team with that name. Let's not be guilty of the same

We get pissed off by the BBC etc referring to Man U as 'United' as though there's only one team with that name. Let's not be guilty of the same
There’s only one Original United.

All the rest are just pale imitations!

Blades will comfortably beat Man City……………… at taking centres.

Looking at Transfermarkt values, even if they went full 2nd XI (in Euros)

Ortega - 6m

Lewis - 15m
Laporte - 30m
Akanji - 30m
Gomez - 15m

Phillips - 35m
Perrone - 10m
Gundogan - 25m
Palmer - 15m

Mahrez - 30m
Alvarez - 50m

So we'd still be facing 261m rated players.

Our entire squad including loanees is ranked at 105m.

I'm beginning to conclude this may be an uphill task 🤣
2 of our best players are their reserves that they deemed surplus for this season. That’s how much of an uphill task it is 🤣

Being serious.....very confident we'll lose.
It doesn't even enter my head that we could win.
Probably because we're playing the best team in world football
and also the fact that although we've played in plenty of cup semi-finals the last time we won one was in 1936.

However part of the Sheff Utd DNA is we always seem to perform really well, when we're the underdog.
When I was a kid in the 70's, even back then my granddad used to say, we always do well when we're the underdog.
He used to refer to the Sheffield derbies, saying it's strange how which ever team is the underdog, always seem to win.

So I'm also quite confident it will be a close game.
Also in all our numerous post war semi finals, apart from Hull, we've always lost by the odd goal, generally conceding a late goal.

Can see it being 0-0 or, at worse 1-0 City at half-time.
We've demonstrated many times in the league this season that we're excellent at "parking the bus"
Our defence is slow and vulnerable to being caught on the break but when we sit back, it's a strong, very organised defence.
Pep will be worried, they're having 80% possession, constant attacks but hardly creating any chances.
Think we'll have the odd good chance during our rare attacks, but miss
No doubt there'll be some controversy, (there always is with United) where VAR shows we should arguably have a penalty but it's not given
then they'll score a late goal or 2 to seal the tie.

So think we'll lose 2-0 or maybe even 2-1 and we'll earn the plaudits.
Post match, Pep will be bigging us up saying how he knew "Sheffield" would give him a really tough game like in our previous meetings with them.

It'll likely be another case of glorious defeat...Blades leave Wembley feeling proud and almost celebratory
....but the bottom line will be....we've lost a cup semi-final yet again.

Last edited:
All square, last minute of stoppage time. Billy hits a weak, City goalie has it covered when suddenly Simmo’s penalty re-enters the atmosphere, hits goalie and he ends up spark out on the floor as Billy’s shot trickles over the line. YHIHF.

WBA and Preston far more important than this result. Just enjoy the day whatever the final score.

Being serious.....very confident we'll lose.
It doesn't even enter my head that we could win.
Probably because we're playing the best team in world football
and also the fact that although we've played in plenty of cup semi-finals the last time we won one was in 1936.

However part of the Sheff Utd DNA is we always seem to perform really well, when we're the underdog.
When I was a kid in the 70's, even back then my granddad used to say, we always do well when we're the underdog.
He used to refer to the Sheffield derbies, saying it's strange how which ever team is the underdog, always seem to win.

So I'm also quite confident it will be a close game.
Also in all our numerous post war semi finals, apart from Hull, we've always lost by the odd goal, generally conceding a late goal.

Can see it being 0-0 or, at worse 1-0 City at half-time.
We've demonstrated many times in the league this season that we're excellent at "parking the bus"
Our defence is slow and vulnerable to being caught on the break but when we sit back, it's a strong, very organised defence.
Pep will be worried, they're having 80% possession, constant attacks but hardly creating any chances.
Think we'll have the odd good chance during our rare attacks, but miss
No doubt there'll be some controversy, (there always is with United) where VAR shows we should arguably have a penalty but it's not given
then they'll score a late goal or 2 to seal the tie.

So think we'll lose 2-0 or maybe even 2-1 and we'll earn the plaudits.
Post match, Pep will be bigging us up saying how he knew "Sheffield" would give him a really tough game like in our previous meetings with them.

It'll likely be another case of glorious defeat...Blades leave Wembley feeling proud and almost celebratory
....but the bottom line will be....we've lost a cup semi-final yet again.
😭😭😭😭😭😭

Think Liverpool, European champions at the time, full of international players and we did them 1-0 in the cup, so its possible.......

I believe Ahmedhodzic has scored 5 goals so far this season, and that's from fullback, and we know Mcbernie can play well in defence, so my suggestion is that we use a very cunning plan and switching them over so we could then fool them into thinking we had left the back door open and when they charge forward we could keep surprising them and pull off a famous victory. .... :cool:

Or failing that the lads you could go out there and enjoy the occasion, while giving your best for the Club, the shirt, SHEFFIELD and us FANS.

Come on you Red and White Wizards ......👍👍👍

Back
Top Bottom