Team Vs City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ramsdale
Baldock, Basham, Egan, Stevens
Norwood, Ampadu
Berge, Didzy, Burke
McBurnie

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Steven
Baldock Osborne
Berge Ampadu Norwood
Burke Brewster

SUBS McBurnie, Lowe, Sharp, McGoldrick, Robinson, Verrips, Lundstrum,​

It won't happen but I'd go 4-4-2 or Dave Mc in a slightly advanced position of midfield in a 4-3-1-2

Pack midfield and have the pace of B&B up front.

Ramsdale

Baldock Bash Egan Stevens

Lunny/Ampadu Berge McGoldrick Osbourne

Brewster Burke

Sharp and McB to come on around the 70 min mark

Play like we did yesterday and take a few chances then as think a draw is possible at the very least 👍

...................Ramsdale
.........Basham Egan Stevens
..Baldock............................Osborn
.....................Ampadu
.........Berge................Lundstram
...........McBurnie...Burke

Subs: Verrips, Bogle, Jagielka, Norwood, McGoldrick, Sharp, Brewster.

*Pretty sure Max Lowe is out for this one. Concussion is a 2 week layoff.

Put reserves out, rest 1st team for when we have a chance , like next season in championship , nailed on champions 🎆

Man City have a tough Champions League game away at Marseilles mid week before they play us and there will be some players that will have to play in both games.

We showed great qualities v Liverpool, so same team/same tactics for me v City.

Give City 100% respect but zero fear.

Both Liverpool and City games were no lose for us and the confidence we should have taken from last night should reflect in those same players getting another start.

It's the same again a week later with Chelsea playing mid week in the Champions league before they play us on the Saturday.

It's a tough run of games, but we can't ask for much more than the opposition playing mid week then us following.

UTB

Until we change manager I think it's futile to suggest starting line ups in formations that is not 3-5-2, or 3-5-1-1.

In terms of player roles there are a few things that looks completely unrealistic at the moment, for example

• Norwood in a two man central midfield
  • Basham in a two man central defence
  • McGoldrick as a number 10 behind two strikers
  • McGoldrick as a left sided forward in a 3-4-3
  • Right footed players at LCB

I don't mean to quell debate, but the current manager is showing no signs of wanting to change the formation, so until he does I think it would be more interesting if people are trying to make suggestions based on the formation we are realistically going to play.

Until we change manager I think it's futile to suggest starting line ups in formations that is not 3-5-2, or 3-5-1-1.

In terms of player roles there are a few things that looks completely unrealistic at the moment, for example

I don't mean to quell debate, but the current manager is showing no signs of wanting to change the formation, so until he does I think it would be more interesting if people are trying to make suggestions based on the formation we are realistically going to play.
Just out of interest...Do you agree with Wilder’s apparent lack of flexibility on those five points?

Ramsdale
Baldock Bash Egan Ampadu Stevens
Berge Norwood Osborn
Burke Sharp

You McBurnie and brewster lovers can bring them on at half time when we are 4-0 up.

Ramsdale
Baldock Bash Egan Ampadu Stevens
Berge Norwood Osborn
Burke Sharp

You McBurnie and brewster lovers can bring them on at half time when we are 4-0 up.

Why stick Ampadu in the back 3? He was brilliant yesterday in midfield.

I'd love to see:

rammers
bash egan stevens
Baldock Berge Ampadu Osborn
McGoldrick
McBurnie Brewster

I think its more likely to be the same team we went with against Lpool.

So every manager knows how we’re going to set up every week and we should change nothing to address our absolutely woeful form Bergen?

A game against Man City, where we are out of form, where no one expects us to get anything other than some of our own fans, is the perfect game to try something a little different and out of the stubborn box, stubborn being something I never had Wilder down for by the way.

This isn’t a knee jerk post, the results and performances have not been good enough and our midfield needs another body in there as they are clearly tiring after less than an hour, surely everyone including your tactically nous self can see this BB?

I think it’s not only disrespectful to posters to suggest they can’t suggest anything else but it shuts down all the topic of how we can and must improve. It’s not a case of changing one or two of the personnel, we need to adapt our tactics, formations and personnel combined to clubs that are adapting to us and this is the place to discuss it.

So every manager knows how we’re going to set up every week and we should change nothing to address our absolutely woeful form Bergen?

A game against Man City, where we are out of form, where no one expects us to get anything other than some of our own fans, is the perfect game to try something a little different and out of the stubborn box, stubborn being something I never had Wilder down for by the way.

This isn’t a knee jerk post, the results and performances have not been good enough and our midfield needs another body in there as they are clearly tiring after less than an hour, surely everyone including your tactically nous self can see this BB?

I think it’s not only disrespectful to posters to suggest they can’t suggest anything else but it shuts down all the topic of how we can and must improve. It’s not a case of changing one or two of the personnel, we need to adapt our tactics, formations and personnel combined to clubs that are adapting to us and this is the place to discuss it.
He literally said 'I don't mean to quell debate' 😐

Back
Top Bottom