Team vs Blackburn?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think it's insane how many people are suggesting we drop Ndiaye when he's been our best attacking player and main goal threat (Berge has also done well of course). Keeping our in-form players on the pitch is far more important than squad rotation at this stage in the season.

Think it's insane how many people are suggesting we drop Ndiaye when he's been our best attacking player and main goal threat (Berge has also done well of course). Keeping our in-form players on the pitch is far more important than squad rotation at this stage in the season.
Thinking the same. After the game before, he was premier league class and we would be lucky to keep him through the transfer window. After 1 game he now can’t get in the team 😂

Thinking the same. After the game before, he was premier league class and we would be lucky to keep him through the transfer window. After 1 game he now can’t get in the team 😂
It's really not as simple as that. Fact is we have, what, 10 games in September? We absolutely need to rotate to keep them fresh and to reduce the chance of them picking up injury. I agree Ndiaye has been our best attacking player thus far but he looked leggy last night. It's vital we use all the players we have to spread that workload, in fact I'd say it's never been more important.

Its absolutely nothing to do with that. He is a hugely important player who struggles to complete 90.

2 games in 3 days is an unnecessary risk when we have adequate replacements for him.

Or are you happy for him to pull a hammy and be out 3 months...

It's really not as simple as that. Fact is we have, what, 10 games in September? We absolutely need to rotate to keep them fresh and to reduce the chance of them picking up injury. I agree Ndiaye has been our best attacking player thus far but he looked leggy last night. It's vital we use all the players we have to spread that workload, in fact I'd say it's never been more important.
I think it just highlights how difficult the job is for Hecky. He has to utilise the squad and keep the balance and shape of the team on the pitch. Some will play more than others and some will not play enough. Will they accept that or will they disrupt the squad.

More about using our (at the moment) tremendous AM depth mate.

Got a feeling he will start Oli MAC against Blackburn.

That apart, same team save Khadra for Ndaiye, StarBoy needs a rest!

Doyle is right footed and I think generally plays in Norwoods role, McAtee is left footed and is the only natural competition available for Flecks position.

I don't think McAtee is physical enough to play Fleck's role.
I'd also worry about his ball retention playing at the base. It's a dangerous place to give the ball away.
His skillset is threading balls in behind and taking men on. I don't think Fleck's role is best for him.

................Foderingham
.........Anel......Egan......RND
Baldock.............................Lowe
...........Norwood......Fleck
......Berge.......................Khadra
...................Brewster

My first round of changes would be
Fleck → Doyle @ 65 mins
Khadra → Ndiaye / McAtee @ 65 mins
Brewster → McBurnie @ 65 mins

Doyle & McBurnie need some proper minutes before they're ready to start games.

Yeah because we haven't got two games in three days? N'Diaye is a top player that's been playing well but also struggles to play 90 minutes anyway! What's point signing all these attacking players if we don't use squad rotation... (can't play them all)

I thought RND was fine. Why did you think he was poor ?

One observation - I thought he lacked communication (or understanding) with Egan when attacking high balls. It looked like an accident in the making.

But otherwise, I think RND is developing really well. Incredible fitness levels, getting stronger and still learning the position. To reach the next level I think he either needs to develop his attacking skills from full back, or become a centre back. Interesting to see how it pans out from him.

Wes
Baldock. Anel. Egan. RND. Lowe
Norwood. Fleck
Berge
N’Diaye. Mcburnie.

In terms of fitness I still think Khadra is a game away from being able to start play explosively and with intensity for at least an hour. If he really can do himself justice over the course of 60-70 minutes I’d absolutely start him ASAP

Anyone who played well against Sunderland and gets ‘rested’ will be the subject of transfer rumours.

Gone to Boro?

Thought he got bullied a bit by Simms, Lowe seemed to be shouting at him a lot for not playing the ball fast enough.

If Clark is back will be interesting how we line up on the left.

Clark obviously most solidly defensively but a toss up who then gets that LWB position... RND or Lowe

Clark obviously most solidly defensively but a toss up who then gets that LWB position... RND or Lowe
I think the fact that Lowe scored might swing it in his favour. Hopefully that kicks him on, RND has never looked a goal threat from Lwb. Lowe even though hasn't been great got himself in the 6 yard box.

Think we'd have to play Lowe as he seems a confidence player - if there's a chance of maintaining his second half performance. Assuming he's fit enough to play again today.

I know this is a broken record but we need a CDM and left centre back cover
JLT,s injury couldn't have come at a worse time with Clark looking like he has one of those stupid niggling injuries
RND is doing a job there but can we risk the momentum we are slowly building

Did not think RND would fit at LCB but seems to be growing into it. Still think that LWB is his best position. His one weakness at moment for that is he doesn’t seem to be able to beat his man to get a cross in.

Team for me:

...........Norwood......Doyle
...................Ndiaye

Unless sharp is fit the team gojng forward has to have that front 3 for me. Worked so well towards the end of last season with MGW. Play without a recognised 'striker'... Ndiaye is much more of a goal threat than either McBurnie or brewster and berges goal stats in that role are really good.

Jebbo, who people forget is only 18 and will be a future superstar imo, off the bench to get valuable experience and add pace and height when Ndiaye tires.

Brewster and McBurnie as subs if we have injuries.

Id also drop Lowe and play RND wing back if we have another centre half fit, Lowe did well last game but he wasn't tested defensively with them being down to 10 men. He looks really poor when put under pressure IMO

I don't think McAtee is physical enough to play Fleck's role.
I'd also worry about his ball retention playing at the base. It's a dangerous place to give the ball away.
His skillset is threading balls in behind and taking men on. I don't think Fleck's role is best for him.

...........Norwood......Fleck
...................Brewster

My first round of changes would be
Fleck → Doyle @ 65 mins
Khadra → Ndiaye / McAtee @ 65 mins
Brewster → McBurnie @ 65 mins

Doyle & McBurnie need some proper minutes before they're ready to start games.
This looks like a strong team and we have SiD. Today though will be a big test, to come through it with a win will be a great boost and we then have a run of games, till the end of Sept which we could get through unbeaten. I'm still a realist but growing in confidence.

Back
Top Bottom