Team vs Blackburn?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou

Loyal blade ⚔️
Reaction score
I know it won't be Doyle but I have no idea who to put in CM with Norwood. Yesterday showed what we all know, Berge is million times more effective further forward.

McAtee and N'Diaye did ok but a rest is good with the squad we have and quick games coming up. Brewster was average but feel he needs a run of games at least.

Wes

Anel Egan RND

Baldock Norwood Doyle Lowe

Berge Khadra

Brewster

I know it won't be Doyle but I have no idea who to put in CM with Norwood. Yesterday showed what we all know, Berge is million times more effective further forward.

McAtee and N'Diaye did ok but a rest is good with the squad we have and quick games coming up. Brewster was average but feel he needs a run of games at least.

Wes

Anel Egan RND

Berge Khadra

Brewster
I like that - Khadra could be switched for McAtee with whoever doesn’t start getting some minutes from the bench. N’Diaye could do with a rest so great chance to keep Berge advanced and give a start to a new lad.

I'd stick with the same side as last night but with Clark if fit back in the side (though I reckon he will just stick with the same side). We need consistency in our team selections at the moment to get players gelling with each other and understanding each others game. We played well so stick with the same side injuries permitting. I would however be telling McAtee to be running about like a mad mad for 60 mins to try and win is the game by then as I'd try and get Khadra on with 30 to play to give him game time and put him up against his old teammates. Think he could take the piss with a tiring defence.

I'd stick with the same side as last night but with Clark if fit back in the side (though I reckon he will just stick with the same side). We need consistency in our team selections at the moment to get players gelling with each other and understanding each others game. We played well so stick with the same side injuries permitting. I would however be telling McAtee to be running about like a mad mad for 60 mins to try and win is the game by then as I'd try and get Khadra on with 30 to play to give him game time and put him up against his old teammates. Think he could take the piss with a tiring defence.
2 games in quick succession with a big squad, I think a couple changes are fine mate.

The same back line unless Clark is fit.

Doyle or Fleck alongside Norwood in CM.

FFS I hope Berge starts, otherwise by approximately 5 seconds past 2pm, half on here will be convinced that we have accepted a bid from AC Milan.

I would also start Khadra, for all the reasons mentioned by others.

A reliable striker would appear to be our weakness atm however.

…...................Wes....................
.....Anel........Egan....Clark/RND.
Balders..............................Lowe.
..............Norwood......................
...................... Doyle/Fleck........
.......Berge..................Khadra....
...................Brewster.................

Foderingham

Baldock - Anel - Egan - Lowe

Doyle...
Berge................

Ndiaye.......McAtee.......Khadra

Brewster

I think McBurnie and Khadra may both start. Personally would play Brewster but I think we'll try and rotate given he put in another decent shift yesterday. Can't see Mcatee starting again at the weekend but you never know. Think he'll opt for the familiarity that Fleck brings over Doyle but we need to blood him soon.

Wes

Anel
Egan
RND

Baldock
Lowe

Norwood
Fleck
Berge

McBurnie
Khadra

That has the potential to switch to a 3-4-3/3-4-2-1 with Berge more advanced at times.

Foderingham

Anel
Egan
RND

Baldock
Lowe

Norwood
Berge

Khadra
Iliman
McBurnie

Reactions: RWE
Ndiaye
Khadra
Doyle Norwood Berge
Lowe RND Egan Anel Baldock
Foderingham

Watching the blackburn highlights and considering the quick turn around in games, khadra’s pace and skill out wide will cause chaos. Some really poor FB play that needs to be exposed.

Wes
Basham Egan Anel
Berge Khadra
Brewster

That back 3 might be our best

Fleck from the bench is a positive

Harder game probably so I'd move Berge further forward, shouldn't risk him deep because I think that different midfield dynamic was the reason we couldn't get hold of the game too much. Doyle more like for like in Fleck's place

The side I think hecky will pick.
Wes
Anel Egan Rnd/Clark if fit
Baldock Norwood fleck Lowe
Berge ndiaye
Brewster

I would have
Wes
Anel Egan Rnd/Clark if fit
Berge khadra
Brewster

Nobody seems to wanting to play McAtee, why? Did OK last night and deserves a start for me, I think he would be really disappointed not to get the nod to start.
1. We have lots of attacking players
2. Khadra and Berge did well further forward
3. 2 games in 3 days with squad rotation needed
4. He's played 120 minutes of football all summer.

Wes

Anel Egan RND

Berge Khadra

Brewster

I agree on switching Ndiaye for Khadra.

I also agree that we should keep Berge higher up the pitch, which leaves the spot next to Norwood up for grabs.

Given Osborn & Coulibaly are out, the only viable alternative to Fleck is Doyle.
I don't know how ready Doyle is to start for us.
I'd like to see it, but I will trust Heck's judgement on it.

The rest of the team picks itself.
You could perhaps make an argument for McBurnie to replace Brewster but it's not one I'd entertain. I think McBurnie needs to build himself up to playing 60/70 mins with at least one more extended cameo (maybe give him 30 mins).

I agree on switching Ndiaye for Khadra.

I also agree that we should keep Berge higher up the pitch, which leaves the spot next to Norwood up for grabs.

Given Osborn & Coulibaly are out, the only viable alternative to Fleck is Doyle.
I don't know how ready Doyle is to start for us.
I'd like to see it, but I will trust Heck's judgement on it.

The rest of the team picks itself.
You could perhaps make an argument for McBurnie to replace Brewster but it's not one I'd entertain. I think McBurnie needs to build himself up to playing 60/70 mins with at least one more extended cameo (maybe give him 30 mins).

Doyle is right footed and I think generally plays in Norwoods role, McAtee is left footed and is the only natural competition available for Flecks position.

Feel like we'll start Khadra. Got to utilise the "score against former club" potential if nothing else! He'd be up for it.
Don't you think they might just know all his tricks and moves after training with him for a season. By the way I thought he was brilliant when he came on last night.

I think it'll be Fleck for McAtee and possibly Khadra for Ndiaye. No other changes

Wes

Baldock
Anel
Egan
Clarke if fit, Anel if not and Bash at RCB
Lowe

Norwood
Sander
McAtee
Khadra
Ndiye

Wes

Anel Egan RND

Berge Khadra

Brewster

Agree with that team except I'd drop brewster and put Jebbison in

Don't you think they might just know all his tricks and moves after training with him for a season. By the way I thought he was brilliant when he came on last night.
I bet he still put them on the arse in training the week before he went back to Brighton lol

Could work either way couldn't it. He might know he's skinned them all daily in training.

I'm sure Hecky's methods are more comprehensive than "might score against his old team" anyway!

Back
Top Bottom