Team v Bradford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HeCanDoMagic

Reaction score
Hopes/predictions?

I'd like to see:

- - - - - - - - Howard - - - - - - - -

Brayford - Kennedy - McEveley - Harris

- - - - - - Basham - Doyle- - - - - -

Adams - - - - Baxter - - - - Murphy

- - - - - - - - Davies - - - - - - - -

Any news on Davies' injury?

By the sounds of it ('knock to the foot') he is likely to be ok for Saturday, its Flynn who is the major doubt. Need him right because there were signs that he was hitting some sort of form.

Sounds like Davies has a pin in his foot holding the bones together from an old injury but he keeps getting kicked, aggravating it. FWIW I don't think it's worth risking him on Saturday; I'd give him the next two weekends off to heal it properly.

Cheers Balham,

I guess this was alway going to be an issue with Davies/Blades hunt for a decent striker.
if we could tempt someone 'good enough' down to L1, chances were they would be carrying an injury...bit of a catch 22 with Davies resting/losing match fitness or trying to play through it/making the injury worse...

Hey-ho, UTB!

Don't think Harris will be fit and if Flynn has done a Hammy then that's 4-6 weeks out for it to heal properly.
If it's less of a strain he could come back in two weeks but there is a very real danger that it will go completely and that will be minimum 6 weeks out.

Flynn and Harris are pretty critical for us for play off - they make a difference so I'd be loathe to lose either of them for that stage of the season

If all players were fit, including James Wallace, my starting XI would be:-

Howard
Freeman-Brayford-Kennedy-McEveley
Flynn-Basham-Wallace-Murphy
Baxter
Davies

Although I wouldn't have any problems with Done coming in for Davies or Baxter.

Howard
Freeman Brayford Basham McEveley
Adams Baxter Holt Doyle Murphy
McNulty

Murphy, Baxter, Holt and Adams encouraged to get forward. By playing McNulty it gives Clough someone to single out and blame if we lose.

- - - - - - - - - - - Howard
Brayford - Kennedy* - McEveley* - Harris*

Flynn* - Basham Doyle - - - - - - Murphy
- - - - - - S.Davies - Done

McGahey, Alcock, B.Davies, Freeman etc in if any of these are injured/not worth risking.

Subs: Turner, Alcock,,Baxter,Scougall,Holt, Adams, McNulty

It's vital to get Basham in midfield IMO and also a decent amount of height/heading ability would be useful against Bradford who are normally quite a strong/physical side...

After Tuesday, I would put all the fringe players in. Davies, Doyle, Alcock, Higdon, Che etc and tell them to earn a spot in the playoffs.

It would give the others a break, possibly a kick up the pants too and one or two may even earn a spot in the team, or on the bench.

Interesting to note from you lads who go regular - not one has included Coutts.

So who will be first name on Clogh's team sheet ..................... ?

Strange that the manager is the only one who thinks he is any bloody good.

UTB.

Howard
Brayford - Kennedy - Basham - Harris
Doyle - Scougall/Holt
Done/Flynn - Baxter - Murphy
Davies

Scougall seems to be getting back to his old self, but Holt is scoring freely.
I think Done is more effective as a striker but still find i hard to leave him and Davies out.
Got plenty of decent players, I'd have no idea what to do with most of them!

Desperately need a CB or two to cover for Kennedy and allow Bash to move higher up.

I just wonder IF we do go up, how many of these players would make a Championship squad/starting XI?

Howard
Brayford - Kennedy - Basham - Harris
Doyle - Scougall/Holt
Done/Flynn - Baxter - Murphy
Davies

Scougall seems to be getting back to his old self, but Holt is scoring freely.
I think Done is more effective as a striker but still find i hard to leave him and Davies out.
Got plenty of decent players, I'd have no idea what to do with most of them!

Desperately need a CB or two to cover for Kennedy and allow Bash to move higher up.

I just wonder IF we do go up, how many of these players would make a Championship squad/starting XI?

Regrettably ....... not very many
UTB & FTP

OS says Flynn and Davies doubtful, Kennedy and Harris "race against time to be fit".

Worst of all Higdon is not fit - never saw that one coming - we are doomed :p

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ Howard _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Alcock _ _ Brayford _ _ Kennedy _ _ Harris

Freeman _ _ Basham _ _ Doyle _ _ Murphy

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ Baxter _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ Done _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

That's providing all these are fit. I would prefer us to play
players who are fit at this stage of the season rather than
risk those who are carrying knocks. It was close for me between
Done and McNulty but Done just shades it for his energy and
willingness to chase lost causes.

We know the likes of Adams and other youngsters won't be playing as Clough said so in his interview. So Murphy will start potentially aggravating his groin strain and the right wing is anybody's guess.... But I'll take a stab at Coutts. We won't win

Back
Top Bottom