Team For Sunderland

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC Guy

Reaction score
We all know that the team won't change that much, but what would you go with for this match? Change of formation and players? Something has to change surely.

I'd go with:

Fodders

Baldock Anel Egan Robbo

Doyle

Berge Mcatee

Ndiaye

McBurnie Jebbo

Doyle in the Norwood role (which he was excellent in the Spurs game) Ndiaye linking midfield and attack and with him, Mcatee and Jebbo all 3 providing much needed pace and drive.

Thoughts?

We all know that the team won't change that much, but what would you go with for this match? Change of formation and players? Something has to change surely.

I'd go with:

Fodders

Baldock Anel Egan Robbo

Doyle

Berge Mcatee

Ndiaye

McBurnie Jebbo

Doyle in the Norwood role (which he was excellent in the Spurs game) Ndiaye linking midfield and attack and with him, Mcatee and Jebbo all 3 providing much needed pace and drive.

Thoughts?
Definitely not Fleck or Bogle

I'd go with:

Fodders

Baldock Anel Egan Robbo

Doyle

Berge Mcatee

Ndiaye

McBurnie Jebbo

Thoughts?
Can't be any worse than Saturday, however I think hell will freeze over before Hecky tries 4 at the back from the start of a game.

We're playing big scary Sunderland so we'll play a lot more negative formation than you've suggested.

Four at the back tends to not work, but nothing else seems to at the moment. I think however the team will likely be:

Foderingham
Bogle / Anel / Egan / JLT / Lowe
Berge / Norwood / Fleck
Ndiaye / McB

For what it’s worth I’d go:

Foderingham
Baldock / Anel / Egan / JLT / Lowe
McAtee / Norwood / Doyle
Ndiaye / McB

Bench - Berge / Stevens / Jebbo / Coulibaly / Fleck

Flexible options there but having Norwood defending the back line and Doyle supporting the front might be a shout. Regulars on the bench to change it.

I’d like to see Berge come on as an impact sub more, gives him a bit of a rest and also the opposition something to think about (same as Spurs game).

I'd simply be amazed if we play 4 at the back.

Expect some changes but not many. You can probably expect Baldock for Bogle and Doyle for Fleck. That's probably the maximum acknowledgement you'll get that the manager got it wrong the other day.

Personally I'd also see if I could get Clark in there and Robbo move further left instead of Lowe and have McAtee instead of Berge.

I think it needs. Abit of a shake up with subs made early by those who suddenly feel they have a point to prove.

Near Post Wes
Anel Egan Clark
Baldock Norwood Doyle Robinson
McAtee Ndiaye
McBurnie

I'd go with:

Fodders

Baldock Anel Egan Robbo

Doyle

Berge Mcatee

Ndiaye

McBurnie Jebbo

Thoughts?
Lowe in for Jebbison will probably be the line up.

I'd be up for seeing 4 at the back if we play with runners in midfield.

But I doubt we will see that. What I feel is imperative is to see Baldock at RWB. Fleck was so off it on Sat, so gotta be Doyle or MacAtee. Prefer Doyle myself because Berge is better further up the park.

Expect some changes but not many. You can probably expect Baldock for Bogle and Doyle for Fleck. That's probably the maximum acknowledgement you'll get that the manager got it wrong the other day.

Personally I'd also see if I could get Clark in there and Robbo move further left instead of Lowe and have McAtee instead of Berge.

I think it needs. Abit of a shake up with subs made early by those who suddenly feel they have a point to prove.

Near Post Wes
Anel Egan Clark
McAtee Ndiaye
McBurnie
I'd like to see this personally.

Gives you some fight at Wing backs, runners either side of McBurnie too. And will be better for if we bring on Sharp too.

Does leave less from the bench to change things, however you'd like to think that if you've done a good job with the starting line up then perhaps you are already in a position of leading rather than trying to equalise/ take the lead.

Near Post Wes
Anel Egan Clark
McAtee Ndiaye
McBurnie
The fact that every interview he says "we prepare in the same way we prepare for every other game" leads me to believe he won't change formation., however I think he might need to snap the team out of this slump in form and do something different, so you never know?!

I listened to a podcast with Sean Dyche in and he said that to stay ahead of the game at Burnley in his time there he frequently sat down with his staff and had some ideas around "what would a new manager do?", he said it could be better to look at things from a fresh perspective and might be something as simple as giving the players a day off to getting rid of a long serving player or taking the team away, changing the training intensity/programme etc.

This might be something Hecky needs to look at.

Near Post Wes
Anel Egan Clark
McAtee Ndiaye
McBurnie
This

All day long

There is zero chance we will play with 4 at the back, regardless of how it may well suit some of our more technical players (McAtee, Doyle, Berge all spring to mind as likely being better in this system). Instead we'll see Baldock in for Bogle, and McAtee in for Fleck. The remainder of the team will be the same as Saturday, we just have to hope we're a little more inventive than hoping Ndiaye can do something magic, or JLT manages to find the head of McBurnie with one of his lethal long throws that have been so successful for us...

Just need someone to rough Kevin Ball up.

Bryson to get the winner. 0-1.

After getting off the promotion train, everyone hops back on board.

For what it's worth

Wes
Baldock Anel Egan Clark Lowe
McAtee Norwood Doyle
Illy Oli

Bench
Davies Bogle JLT Bash Jebbo Sharp Osborn (if fit) if not Coulibaly

I'd go with:

Fodders

Baldock Anel Egan Robbo

Doyle

Berge Mcatee

Ndiaye

McBurnie Jebbo

Thoughts?
Pace and drive, you having a laugh. Apart from Illy there's no pace or drive in the squad .

For what it's worth

Wes
Baldock Anel Egan Clark Lowe
McAtee Norwood Doyle
Illy Oli

Bench
Davies Bogle JLT Bash Jebbo Sharp Osborn (if fit) if not Coulibaly

I'd go with that. More energy with Doyle and Macca in midfield.

I'd go with:

Fodders

Baldock Anel Egan Robbo

Doyle

Berge Mcatee

Ndiaye

McBurnie Jebbo

Thoughts?
Sounds inventive, exciting and successful (?)

Whatever the team, myself and the others in the packed away end will be supporting for the 90 mins. UTB
I’m looking forward to this one, the stadium of light is a decent atmosphere I just hope we turn up

well 3 at the back is working wonderfully isnt it and we aint getting automatic if we keep on playing this system play 4 at the back and sit norwood and doyle in front of em playing 3 at the back is negative and all it does is allow our midfielders to pass it backwards all the time lets try something different i think weve got good enough players to adapt to a new system

I agree that he won't go 4 at the back. It's just what I'd like to see with more players in attacking positions. He won't do it, but I bet the next manager will do.

I'm not known for negativity, but I really do expect a defeat against the Mackems :(

Quite tempted to send the same team out, Man U style, and make them put it right, but, more likely:

------------------------------Wes
--------Baldock----Anel----Egan----JLT------Lowe (presuming Osborn isn't fit)
---------------Berge-------Norwood-----Doyle
-------------------Ndiaye---------McBurnie

Subs:

Davies, Clark, Bogle, Fleck, McAtee, Sharp, Jebbo

Tough on McAtee, but I'd want more protection in front of Lowe/Robbo. I'd be vaguely tempted to start Clark but harsh on Robbo. If Robbi is struggling a bit, then swap them.

I know there's probably a clambering for greater change but a) Sunderland away is a difficult place to go, b) we're not being thrashed, Luton had one chance, Blackburn has a great break, c) Yes, we beat Spurs but Spurs turned up expecting to walk it and a Championship game is much quicker/faster/more physical - It was noticeable that Coulibaly had to be constantly told where to be/Brooks is naturally more attacking than our midfielders/Arblaster needs game time

Last edited:

I'd go with:

Fodders

Baldock Anel Egan Robbo

Doyle

Berge Mcatee

Ndiaye

McBurnie Jebbo

Thoughts?
He won't do this but i would go

Wes
Baldock,Anel,Clark,Robinson
Berge Doyle Brooks
Ndiaye McBurnie McAtee

Last Saturday we left 2 x younger, fitter, more skillfull & creative midfield players on the bench. Doyle & Mcatee are rising stars, and a better option than the failing Fleck. I think Norwood just had one of those games he has now and again, and both Lowe and Bogle need a reight rocket up their jacksy or dropping.. they have it in their locker, but hardly ever got beyond the front 2, as in overlapping to link up. Oh, and Illy needs to release the ball more instead of trying to dribble through a defensive brick wall and losing possession in attacking areas.
Give 4-4-2 a try for me, you can always revert back to usual. If you keep doing the same things, you tend to get the same results
Wes
Baldock-Anel-Egan-Robbo
Berg-Norwood-Doyle-Mcatee
Illyman McB

Bench- Davies, Clark, Basham, Sharp, Jebbo, Fleck ano

Back
Top Bottom