Player Suggestion Sydney van Hooijdonk

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Plays in the second division in the Netherlands, is that Championship or League 1 equivalent?

My first football games as a nipper were being taken down to Nottingham Forest by my old man who used to work down there. He was pals with some ex-players from the Clough era so we used to get fancy tickets.
Kevin Campbell, Stevie Stones, Chris Bart-Williams, possibly Stuart Pearce, but the big star was Pierre Van Hooijdonk. Probably my first football idol.

They loved all him down there.. Fantastic striker who seemed to have the lot.
Even as a 7 year old I remember he could hit a pearler of a free kick.

I even have vague memories of him going on strike before France 98 demanding (I think) £40k a week which was seen as obscene at the time. He wanted a move to Man Utd but it didn't happen. Ferguson spent big money (£12m) on Dwight Yorke & the rest is history there.
Forest replaced PVH with some slightly portly impersonation called Darchivelle. I lost interest in Forest not long after that because I think they were getting spanked most weeks in the PL & my old man stopped working in Nottingham.

My first football games as a nipper were being taken down to Nottingham Forest by my old man who used to work down there. He was pals with some ex-players from the Clough era so we used to get fancy tickets.
Kevin Campbell, Stevie Stones, Chris Bart-Williams, possibly Stuart Pearce, but the big star was Pierre Van Hooijdonk. Probably my first football idol.

They loved all him down there.. Fantastic striker who seemed to have the lot.
Even as a 7 year old I remember he could hit a pearler of a free kick.

I even have vague memories of him going on strike before France 98 demanding (I think) £40k a week which was seen as obscene at the time. He wanted a move to Man Utd but it didn't happen. Ferguson spent big money (£12m) on Dwight Yorke & the rest is history there.
Forest replaced PVH with some slightly portly impersonation called Darchivelle. I lost interest in Forest not long after that because I think they were getting spanked most weeks in the PL & my old man stopped working in Nottingham.

I would imagine if the lad is any good we will know about it, from Van Winkel and the Beerschot guys?

He’s 20 and was suggesting him as one for the future, not as someone to walk into the 1st team. 👍

Understood mate, I was just thinking about the opposition he is playing against, that's all, he looks ok, tall and fairly quick.

With Saka playing first team footy for The Arse, at 19, the old saying applies, "if you are good enough, you are old enough".

Good season for Heerenveen and available for 3 to 4 million euro, Watford and Sunderland Sniffing around, maybe worth a punt at that price?

Please no. Terrible player, and at NAC he did not handle it very well when he was (rightfully) benched and even got his dad involved in a argument with the coach.

Good season for Heerenveen and available for 3 to 4 million euro, Watford and Sunderland Sniffing around, maybe worth a punt at that price?
Watford and Sunderland? That's us out then.

Back
Top Bottom