Match Thread Swansea City v. Sheffield United - 14th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SWA
SWA
SWA

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1628879354632.png V. 1628879363244.png
Championship Week 2 - Saturday 14th August 2021 - 20:00 - Liberty Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/swansea-city-vs-sheffield-united.553/

Officials:

Referee:
Keith Stroud
Assistant Referee: Ian Cooper
Assistant Referee: Sam Lewis
Fourth Official: Sam Allison

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 19.31.03.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Bit of patience might be required here. From his previous clubs seems it's often taken a while before he's got them firing on all cylinders. While absence of fans has been a big factor in our demise, that bumper crowd last Satdi still didn't suck the ball into the net, it'll take more than that. Think it'll come good, but I won't be on here slashing if we lose tomorrow.
That bumper crowd was pathetically quiet all game after initial GCB.
I watched Coventry v Forest Sunday and wow did those Coventry fans make a racket, and whilst losing 1-0, they sucked it in twice and won game.

Since United's last match at Swansea in January 2019, the only away matches our away fans have seen us lose are against Manchester City and Liverpool.

We need to have better shape and organisation at the back than we did against Brum , otherwise I fear the worst .

The defensive performance was the most disorganised I’ve seen from us for many a long day , which came as a big surprise to me .

4-0 to the blades, fleck,Brewster, norwood,berge

Predicted XI in a 3-4-1-2

Rammers

Bash
Egan
Robinson

Baldock
Berge
Fleck
RND

Didz

Brewster
McBurnie

Watchalong for this one Blades, alternative commentary and the thriving interactive Blades community, starting at 7:30pm on YouTube, we're also only 5 off hitting 13k subscribers so please do consider subscribing, it's free and you'd be making an old man very happy (not me, my Grandad, he's loves YouTube).

I've a couple of memories about Swansea. In 1952 a thug of a wing-half called Lucas got JImmy Hagan sent off. However, the Blades scored 7.

In the 1990s I managed to combine a business trip to Wales with a visit to see Swansea play the Blades. I think we lost (I can't be bothered to look it up) but what stuck in my mind was a violent tackle on Chris Wilder, who was quite badly injured as a result As he lay on the pitch, getting treatment, the Swansea fans jeered - and they continued to do so when CW was carried off. Bastards.

Absolutely no idea what formation that is. Robinson left back?? Really??

Burke Sharp Brewster

All out attack

I expected McBurnie to start with it being Swansea

Not holding out much hope for Burke tearing em a new one but we’ll see

Back
Top Bottom