Supporter injured at Bournemouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fckin hell was at the zenith data systems game at the pigs, was it in 89? We were in the cheesecake on leppers lane as the rest of the stand was still closed due to what happened in 88. When we scored the first goal me and mi mate got crushed on the barrier in the middle of the stand, one woman near me was crying cos she thought it was gonna be another disaster.

Anyone else used to end up at the bottom of the kop when it was standing..come out as chips thru the wire fencing?!! John Francis diving header to make it blades 5 brighton 4 in front of the kop, scenes

Oh yes. My mate lost his shoe at that game.

Anyone else used to end up at the bottom of the kop when it was standing..come out as chips thru the wire fencing?!! John Francis diving header to make it blades 5 brighton 4 in front of the kop, scenes

Fckin awesome eh?! Top corner header, kop goes mental, my mate ends up at the bottom of the kop...we always stood behind the goal on the barrier in the middle!!

I'm not speculating. I know one of the blokes mates.

Of course we need to be responsible but that can only go so far. I could stand perfectly still, but be pushed over and then trampled on.

So despite the government telling us that all seater stadiums are safe, some bloke is now laid up in hospital when rail seating would more than likely have prevented any surging from behind.

Hi mate, im the one who got him in hospital as found him in the middle of the road outside our hotel, wasn't in a good way when we found him, luckily I'm a nurse and walked past at the right time, hotel owner just thought he was pissed up we should move him out of the road.

Hope he's doing alright, was able to have a laugh considering situation, but knew it was bad when paramedics turned up with Entenox that didn't do much to help - pass on my best if possible

At millwall away last season, when we got the winner some middle aged fella come flying over me and my lad onto the floor in front of us. No one was hurt luckily but why do that?

I lost my wallet at that game,
I didn't realise until I got in the boozer after the match.
Next day a very kind couple from Wincobank telephoned me to say they'd found it up in the corner section, on the floor.
If you post on here and still remember, thank you very much

Doesn't look half as bad as what happened at Bournemouth.

I wasn't there so I don't know, but it didn't look that wild from the TV footage.
It was more crazy than the average Premier League celebration but didn't look like absolute bedlam.

Hi mate, im the one who got him in hospital as found him in the middle of the road outside our hotel, wasn't in a good way when we found him, luckily I'm a nurse and walked past at the right time, hotel owner just thought he was pissed up we should move him out of the road.

Hope he's doing alright, was able to have a laugh considering situation, but knew it was bad when paramedics turned up with Entenox that didn't do much to help - pass on my best if possible
Confused by this. He got injured in the ground (badly if the injuries described are accurate) but he was found in the middle of a road??

There is a highlight on Instagram by the club of the celebrations and you can see basically everyone in the isle just collapse on each other. Hope the chap makes a speedy recovery.

The fans in the isle,moved fast.

Like others have said, rails wouldn't stop that. Avoiding the isle if you want to be away from these, is best advice.

I didn't notice it on the TV, but can see here obviously moved quickly as you say. If I was at the front of that though, I would prefer no bar!

As a kid soon learned where not to stand! I spent my time on kop and JS west for last few years before demolition. Only stood on the bar once, and that was all we needed to move to new place! - the back 😂

Well done you. Thank god someone helped him out, he could have had internal bleeding or anything.

As Sean Thornton said above, the chaps name is Marc and I know of him through a friend of a friend. I didn’t want to put his name up earlier in case he didn’t want any fuss etc.

Anyhow, I’ve found out someone has set up a fundraiser for him, so if anyone does want to donate they can do.

Whatever people think to the debates about safe standing etc, at the end of the day Marc went to watch the Blades and through no fault of his own ended up with serious injuries and is stuck miles from home and unable to work.

Surely can’t be the same incident?

If the poor sod had sustained all those serious injuries in the ground, how could he have been moved to a mini bus and driven away?

This guy sounds like he was too pissed to shift, so was abandoned by so called mates, rather than having multiple bone fractures.

Surely can’t be the same incident?

If the poor sod had sustained all those serious injuries in the ground, how could he have been moved to a mini bus and driven away?

This guy sounds like he was too pissed to shift, so was abandoned by so called mates, rather than having multiple bone fractures.

It’s the same person and the same incident

He's been transferred to the northern general, bit of a out cry as the hotel he was supposed to stay in, after the game he was taken back to the hotel reception, have charged him for the room and breakfast, to add insult to injury (pardon the pun) he had to also pay £65 for a taxi to Southampton hospital.
Blades with him, are calling for all Blades to not use the Ullswater Hotel in Bournemouth for the Southampton trip.
Hope he gets better soon. UTB.

It’s the same person and the same incident
Wow.
Why on earth did they move him, with all those serious injuries?
He clearly needed an ambulance and things would probably not have been as serious if he was dealt with by paramedics in situ.

He's been transferred to the northern general, bit of a out cry as the hotel he was supposed to stay in, after the game he was taken back to the hotel reception, have charged him for the room and breakfast, to add insult to injury (pardon the pun) he had to also pay £65 for a taxi to Southampton hospital.
Blades with him, are calling for all Blades to not use the Ullswater Hotel in Bournemouth for the Southampton trip.
Hope he gets better soon. UTB.
Why shouldn’t the hotel charge him? It’s not their fault.

Wow this fella breaks all these bones and still makes it back to his hotel. He sounds as hard as nails.

Na na na na he's a blade and he's a blade....

Wow.
Why on earth did they move him, with all those serious injuries?
He clearly needed an ambulance and things would probably not have been as serious if he was dealt with by paramedics in situ.

It’ll be adrenaline keeping the pain at bay, inexperienced or not qualified staff dealing with him at the ground and probably the thought of “oh he’s just pissed up”

He was not in a good way when we found him, literally laid in the middle of the road and couldn’t move so it must have hit him in one go. Kind of worrying that the minibus didn’t drop him off at hospital though?

I couldn't get to Bournemouth, but I've been told a Blade got seriously injured in the crush when we scored. Apparently he is in hospital down there in quite a bad way with broken ribs, broken pelvis, broken vertebrae amongst other things.

I've contacted the club to inform them of this and ask if there's anything they could do to support him, but with not being on social media I've not heard anything about a JustGiving page or anything to maybe help him out?

Just wondered if anyone else has heard anything and if there's a way we can help?

It didn’t look as serious as Bournemouth but it looked like the usual suspects were at it again yesterday
In the lower block 4 where that guy unfortunately took the ball to the face
At the second goal these lads push forward
A young lad to the right of me came crashing through to get to the aisle
No space so he just pushed through people
I got banged around a bit but no big deal
But there was a woman, probably in her late 40s flat on the ground in the aisle
Didn’t seem badly injured thank the lord but she was shook up
Absolutely have no issue with raucous celebrations but injuries are going to happen
And at best it’s going to ruin someone’s day if people keep on acting irresponsibly

Last edited:

It didn’t look as serious as Bournemouth but it looked like the usual suspects were at it again yesterday
In the lower block 4 where that guy unfortunately took the ball to the face
At the second goal these lads push forward
A young lad to the right of me came crashing through to get to the aisle
No space so he just pushed through people
I got banged around a bit but no big deal
But there was a woman, probably in her late 40s flat on the ground in the aisle
Didn’t seem badly injured thank the lord but she was shook up
Absolutely have no issue with raucous celebrations but injuries are going to happ
And at best it’s going to ruin someone’s day if people keep on acting irresponsibly

Back in the day, you expected the more lively celebrations in the standing areas. People in the seats would just stand up and clap. Nowadays, it is clear that all seater stands aren't suitable for wild celebration - there are no barriers to prevent people falling forward.

We are told that standing can't be allowed for "safety reasons" - but it is clear that people are going to stand and celebrate when a goal is scored, wherever they are in the stadium. This insistance that rail seating can't be introduced is ridicuous. It's certainly a question of safety. Seating areas without barriers may work for cricket or rugby, but are clearly unsafe for big football matches.

Back
Top Bottom