Supporter injured at Bournemouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Certainly not free here. Docs and hospitals are excellent though. No waiting whatsoever. In the grand scheme of things it costs about 8% of my net salary. Probably similar to the individual contribution in the UK?
The individual contribution in the UK depends on how much tax you pay so the percentage goes up the more you earn. The problem with the USA is that the cost depends on the level of cover, and becoming seriously ill can bankrupt you when cover limits are exceeded

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody was seriously injured.

When we scored there was a huge surge down the steps of at least 50 people and half of them disappeared as they fell over.

It actually looked pretty scary, like a huge waterfall of people cascading down.

I've got a GIF of it on my phone but my phone won't let me upload GIFs to this website for some reason.

Certainly not free here. Docs and hospitals are excellent though. No waiting whatsoever. In the grand scheme of things it costs about 8% of my net salary. Probably similar to the individual contribution in the UK?
What happens if you lose your job?

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody was seriously injured.

When we scored there was a huge surge down the steps of at least 50 people and half of them disappeared as they fell over.

It actually looked pretty scary, like a huge waterfall of people cascading down.

I've got a GIF of it on my phone but my phone won't let me upload GIFs to this website for some reason.

You can see it here, a fairly large group spread over about 3 rows went over.

Some daft twats about, they're at the most on row F or G, aren't they close enough? Are they that set on getting close enough that they could pick Bill's nose that they lose all concerns for the safety of themselves and others?

I get "being in the moment" and that, but there's a line, and it's injuring others.

I can't stand selfish bastards like that, I've seen people knocked out at gigs and festivals because some "in the moment" tosspot wanted to windmill in a moshpit, this is the same thing.

Depending on how old the guy with all the injuries is, it's a life changing injury. If he was 23 he might recover, but it sounds like a middle aged guy, can't go to work now for months and depending on his line of work might not be able to.

When tickets are purchased, they should start from the middle, make one side for the supporters without kids or a bus pass, and the other side for those folks, sort of segregate everyone, there's a reason for the family stand, why don't the ticket office staff think about this??
I'm guessing it's due to the fact, and I stand by this, that everybody under 30, seems to have a distinct lack of common sense!
Don't take offence if your under 30!!, it just seems that common sense went out of fashion in the 90's and is yet to make a return.

When tickets are purchased, they should start from the middle, make one side for the supporters without kids or a bus pass, and the other side for those folks, sort of segregate everyone, there's a reason for the family stand, why don't the ticket office staff think about this??
I'm guessing it's due to the fact, and I stand by this, that everybody under 30, seems to have a distinct lack of common sense!
Don't take offence if your under 30!!, it just seems that common sense went out of fashion in the 90's and is yet to make a return.

Actually, coke came into fashion.......

You can see it here, a fairly large group spread over about 3 rows went over.

Some daft twats about, they're at the most on row F or G, aren't they close enough? Are they that set on getting close enough that they could pick Bill's nose that they lose all concerns for the safety of themselves and others?

I get "being in the moment" and that, but there's a line, and it's injuring others.

I can't stand selfish bastards like that, I've seen people knocked out at gigs and festivals because some "in the moment" tosspot wanted to windmill in a moshpit, this is the same thing.

Depending on how old the guy with all the injuries is, it's a life changing injury. If he was 23 he might recover, but it sounds like a middle aged guy, can't go to work now for months and depending on his line of work might not be able to.

It's not an overexaggeration to say someone could have been killed.

Imagine if there'd been some kids stood at the bottom of the steps. They wouldn't have stood a chance.

Crushed to death in an instant.

I don't see how rail seating would have prevented this, if the injury occurred on the stairs. I also don't really get all the criticism of our fans. Running down the stairs in celebration isn't a smart thing to do, but it's not massively dangerous. It's clearly tragic for the chap, and I hope he makes a full recovery, but accidents happen - fortunately these kinds of accidents are very rare, because these kinds of celebrations aren't really that dangerous.

I don't see how rail seating would have prevented this, if the injury occurred on the stairs. I also don't really get all the criticism of our fans. Running down the stairs in celebration isn't a smart thing to do, but it's not massively dangerous. It's clearly tragic for the chap, and I hope he makes a full recovery, but accidents happen - fortunately these kinds of accidents are very rare, because these kinds of celebrations aren't really that dangerous.

Limit movements on steps outside of half time? All seats include integrated toilets?

The individual contribution in the UK depends on how much tax you pay so the percentage goes up the more you earn. The problem with the USA is that the cost depends on the level of cover, and becoming seriously ill can bankrupt you when cover limits are exceeded
This is true. The annual rigmarole for buying insurance is a bit of a challenge. You have to make sure you know what you want. We’ve found there is also a huge difference in quality of various insurance providers as well as the whole in or it of network nonsense.

Bloody hell.
Hope he has recovers fairly quickly.
As mentioned I'm currently off work with a broken leg and thats bad enough. And then you hear about this poor sod.
Thoughts go out to him and his family!! Hopefully has some kind of medical insurance so that he isn't at a loss financially at least.

Bloody hell.
Hope he has recovers fairly quickly.
As mentioned I'm currently off work with a broken leg and thats bad enough. And then you hear about this poor sod.
Thoughts go out to him and his family!! Hopefully has some kind of medical insurance so that he isn't at a loss financially at least.
I think all grounds have to have Personal Liability Insurance ( but don't know how that affects tax relief on a pension pot)

The celebrations from years ago would have killed half the English fans of today
You could quite literally end up 20 yards from where you started

I've never thought of our celebrations as excessive when you see what happens at some other stadiums, Celtic and Liverpool come to mind in the UK if a goal warrants such celebrations.

Celebrations at places like Boca Juniors, River Plate and Raja Casablanca are beyond mental, they are extreme in a way which we've never seen in this country, even in the 1970's and 80's

This is about as bonkers as it ever gets from us, you do wonder how people would cope with it nowadays

Who was on the John Street West terrace when we beat Newcastle 2-0. The lot went up when the second went in.

This one links into the loyalty point thread.

One game I got a ticket to but neshed out of going to was Northampton away. I was 37 weeks pregnant and while I really really really wanted to go, I didn’t think it was safe considering I couldn’t see my own feet at that stage.

I’d already been slightly trampled at Peterborough that season by a lad who was incredibly apologetic when he noticed.

In the nicest possible way, people just don’t really pay attention to who’s around them.

EDIT: And I didn’t want to ruin anyone else’s fun. If there’s a time to be giddy, it was at Northampton.

Last edited:

Just after we scored, the crowd surged forward and I noticed a lot of police activity, which I assumed was because of the crowd surge. I then saw two first aiders trying to get into the crowd (with difficulty) and then a few minutes later, two stewards carried someone along the touchline towards the corner flag. Couldn't see what happened after that. Some of the celebrations do seem to be getting a bit out of hand - crowd surfing is one that should be a no no.

Rail seats would certainly help - along with a little common sense!

This is a crowd surge

Back
Top Bottom