Sunderland Manager betting

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Whose shortlist is he on? The new owner hasn't even arrived yet

He's on the shortlist of the incoming chairman, according to many media folk, and Stuart Donald all but confirmed that he was on national radio, just didn't mention Wilder's name directly because that would be very unprofessional. He might not be confirmed yet but it'll be very soon based on what Stuart Donald is saying. I'd say our best shot is the meeting that the Prince and McCabe have coming up to sort out the limbo for Wilder and then hopefully we can tell Sunderland where to go if they approach, knowing that Wilder is happy/ier to stay.

Just out of interest, what would happen if Wilder accepted the job and then bunged a couple of grand on himself before the news leaked out?

Don't think they'd take that much. Players / managers aren't allowed to bet on football, not sure if that extends to manager markets though. Obviously he couldn't do it in his own name anyway, be a bit of a giveaway.

It would require some effort to make any money. Best idea would be to get several people to place small bets all at once across a number of betting shops. Even then, at the prices, it might only equate to a few days worth of his Sunderland salary.

The fact that he's not gone public and said "Get me off your shortlist you fucking binners" is a bit of a concern.

If he stays at United but admits he's spoken/interviewed with them, his special relationship with United fans will be damaged.

He’d be better off stating he was staying at The Lane, let the odds get longer then pump on and take the job.

Nah, he’d be better letting the media think he was going to get the job then put loads of money on harry Redknap, knowing he was going to get the job.

He said just enough at the right time to focus the owners on getting things done.
Not sure whether the prince is totally pro Wilder but McCabe is.
Losing Chris now would be a big blow all aspects of the club are gearing up to his and Knills forward thinking.
Has to be done now.
At the very least a way forward has to be found,I think the prince realises that two.

Jim White from Talksport has said he has an update on the Sunderland situation on this mornings show. It'll no doubt be after they've discussed the top six as ever. Last time Talksport did a feature on Sunderland many said that Jim White had said in all but name that Wilder is the favourite.

Jim White on Sky Sports is bearable, but on Talksport he comes across as a gobshite knowsnowt.

Skybet 1/4
Betfair 1/2

More skybet customers lumping on him

Silly cunts he is staying

Jim White from Talksport has said he has an update on the Sunderland situation on this mornings show. It'll no doubt be after they've discussed the top six as ever. Last time Talksport did a feature on Sunderland many said that Jim White had said in all but name that Wilder is the favourite.

We don't need Jim White to tell us he's the favourite. Anyone with the ability to get onto a betting website can see he's the favourite.

The update will probably just be approval by EFL of the owners. Mind you, that means they can then appoint.

We don't need Jim White to tell us he's the favourite. Anyone with the ability to get onto a betting website can see he's the favourite.

True but he probably has an update on their takeover which may well effect us.

Big Sam back to one of the few clubs that love him?

Doubt it. He'll want another Prem club when that becomes available in a few months, for the first club that panics. He might go to West Brom that said if they look to appoint an outsider.

True but he probably has an update on their takeover which may well effect us.

The only way their takeover would effect us is if Wilder has already spoken to their incoming Chairman and he wants to join them. If that's the case then he's free to go in my opinion.

Personally, I think you're worrying about it way too much

The only way their takeover would effect us is if Wilder has already spoken to their incoming Chairman and he wants to join them. If that's the case then he's free to go in my opinion.

Personally, I think you're worrying about it way too much

The takeover confirmation effects us as they may well make an approach, according to many media outlets local and nationwide that the interest is true. An approach can only take place when the takeover is confirmed. Whether Wilder's already spoke to them we'll never know but we'll only know if the rumours re Wilder and Sunderland are true after Sunderland are took over.

Don't get why the odds are shortening when they have been odds on for days. Who in right mind has a bet on a odds on favourite unless either only 2 in race and others got no head, or they are actually Chris wilder.

Mick McCarthy to Sunderland as I said last week big news around these parts bookies are just listening to social media rumours regarding Tufty

Mick McCarthy to Sunderland as I said last week big news around these parts bookies are just listening to social media rumours regarding Tufty

There's nothing about McCarthy on their forum though of late, or have I got that wrong? I know there was a thread on him but I didn't get the impression that McCarthy was talked about as a leading contender.

Not saying I’m ITK but I was walking past the local newspaper base and overheard a few of them having a smoke saying that mick as practically got the job dunno if they were just saying it because I had my United shirt on or of it was genuine

Not saying I’m ITK but I was walking past the local newspaper base and overheard a few of them having a smoke saying that mick as practically got the job dunno if they were just saying it because I had my United shirt on or of it was genuine

I don’t know if you’re being ironic or actually think that a few people having a smoke outside a shop constitutes “big news”. Then again it’s more reliable than most of the rumours posted on here so you’re probably right!

What job? Clearing up the fag ends? Who's Mick? Is he the new lad on job experience?

Don't come on here with half a story NEB! o_O

Back
Top Bottom