Sunderland Manager betting

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Speaking of betting odds does anyone recall who was promoted to the PL in 2006 from the play offs.

Yes we went up as did Watford from the play offs.

Watford were the bookies favourites for relegation that year though........oops.

Speaking of betting odds does anyone recall who was promoted to the PL in 2006 from the play offs.

Watford were the bookies favourites for relegation that year though........oops.

Reading i think

pfffft odds only like that because so many have put bets on him. Untill there is an offical aproach for him, lets not worry to much since he is still contracted with us.

Odds only like that because CW would be insulted if he wasn't ahead of that bunch of failures and has-beens. I might put my name forward. I'm sure I'd be Evens compared to that crock of shite.

If CW does well next season he’ll have his pick of clubs.........Not just shitty (league1) Sunlan who’ll get shut of him before Crimbo if he doesn’t produce straight away.

What are the bookies odds for the boardroom takeover ?

Just want it out of the way now balls in our court still but looking like another fuck up !
Either way UTB onwards and upwards

Said it millions of times jags was 1/5 to join us last season surprising how quick odds change just through rumours and bets placed

200w.gif

1/4 is incredibly low. I know betting odds aren’t the be all and end all. You look at the odds on other jobs and you won’t find odds as low as that on anyone.

I’d be disappointed if he left his club to drop to League 1 again though.

If people think this is bad, just wait until he does fuck off and we have to appoint a replacement :eek::confused:

Wonder how low Cec Podd's odds will get this time :D

Not only did Watford go up. They beat Leeds in the Play Off final. What a lovely day that was

1/4 is incredibly low. I know betting odds aren’t the be all and end all. You look at the odds on other jobs and you won’t find odds as low as that on anyone.

I’d be disappointed if he left his club to drop to League 1 again though.

A couple of weeks ago, both Cardiff AND Fulham were odds on for automatic promotion, how is that possible when there was only 1 place up for grabs? It's all down to people placing bets on them.

My mate of the porcine persuasion once heard that McClaren was wandering around Hillsborough just after Carlos the Great was sacked. He was so gutted that it was going to happen that stuck £200 on at Evens so at least he'd make some money from the misery of having Schteve as manager.

We looked later on in the day and McClaren's odds went to 1/10 and my mate celebrated by buying us all more drinks.

By the end of the night, it had been confirmed that McClaren would definitely not be their manager and his odds went out to 20/1 or something similar and my mate was £200 and a round of drinks out of pocket.

Basically, if you put a large amount of money on, the odds shift. Means next to nowt.

My mate of the porcine persuasion once heard that McClaren was wandering around Hillsborough just after Carlos the Great was sacked. He was so gutted that it was going to happen that stuck £200 on at Evens so at least he'd make some money from the misery of having Schteve as manager.

We looked later on in the day and McClaren's odds went to 1/10 and my mate celebrated by buying us all more drinks.

By the end of the night, it had been confirmed that McClaren would definitely not be their manager and his odds went out to 20/1 or something similar and my mate was £200 and a round of drinks out of pocket.

Basically, if you put a large amount of money on, the odds shift. Means next to nowt.

That would be fine re above but Wilder has been the favourite for about 3 weeks now and also many people in the media, local and beyond, have confirmed that Wilder is on the shortlist, and we all know he's probably their preferred choice. I mean who is better than Wilder? Certainly not any of the other names. That's not to say he will go but I take little comfort from fans saying that the odds mean nothing - no offence mate!

Last edited:
That would be fine re above but Wilder has been the favourite for about 3 weeks now and also many people in the media, local and beyond, have confirmed that Wilder is on the shortlist, and we all know he's probably their preferred choice. I mean who is better than Wilder? Certainly not any of the other names. That's not to say he will go but I take little comfort from fans saying that the odds mean nothing - no offence mate1

He might be their preferred option but that doesn't take into account Wilder's decision. All indications seem to suggest to me that WIlder is planning on being here next season, he's just released the retained list which show that he's planning. Odds are determined by the market, and if Wilder is Sunderland's first choice, the Sunderland fans will put their money on Wilder and the odds will come down, but that's only one side of the story.

That would be fine re above but Wilder has been the favourite for about 3 weeks now and also many people in the media, local and beyond, have confirmed that Wilder is on the shortlist, and we all know he's probably their preferred choice. I mean who is better than Wilder? Certainly not any of the other names. That's not to say he will go but I take little comfort from fans saying that the odds mean nothing - no offence mate!

Whose shortlist is he on? The new owner hasn't even arrived yet

He might be their preferred option but that doesn't take into account Wilder's decision. All indications seem to suggest to me that WIlder is planning on being here next season, he's just released the retained list which show that he's planning. Odds are determined by the market, and if Wilder is Sunderland's first choice, the Sunderland fans will put their money on Wilder and the odds will come down, but that's only one side of the story.

My take on next manager odds is that it’s just an indication of who the fans want the most. Looks like the Mackems want Wilder. It doesn’t make it more or less likely to happen.

There's been even money available all day on Betfair (only £50 granted), that wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes if anyone knew anything.

There's been even money available all day on Betfair (only £50 granted), that wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes if anyone knew anything.
Just out of interest, what would happen if Wilder accepted the job and then bunged a couple of grand on himself before the news leaked out?

Back
Top Bottom