Sunderland confirmed as 2nd lowest points in Premier League history

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We have set one PL record this season already. Most home goals conceded. We've let in 47 with 3 games left. The old record was 46, set by Watford in 2021-22.

The worst ever home goal difference is -31 (Norwich, 2021-22). We might break that.

The total goals conceded record for a 38 game season is 89 by Derby. I will be stunned if we do not break that. Swindon let in 100, but in 42 games. That's a tall order though if anyone can do it it's a team that plays Grbic in goal.

The goals conceded away record is 55 by Wigan. We've let in 35 and with 4 games to go I would be surprised if we surpass that.

We have only kept one clean sheet so far this season and I would be surprised if we keep another. I do not know what the lowest clean sheet record is: could not find it from cursory research.

We have avoided all of the other "worst" records, it seems.

One positive thing we have an outside chance of doing with 7 games left is outscoring the 9th place class of 2019-20. They managed 39 goals and we currently have 30.
Even that woeful Derby side kept 3 clean sheets.

Why can't they just leave things the way they are?

Why introduce it at this stage of the season ?
Though questioning the powers that be about football matters makes no sense.

We have set one PL record this season already. Most home goals conceded. We've let in 47 with 3 games left. The old record was 46, set by Watford in 2021-22.

The worst ever home goal difference is -31 (Norwich, 2021-22). We might break that.

The total goals conceded record for a 38 game season is 89 by Derby. I will be stunned if we do not break that. Swindon let in 100, but in 42 games. That's a tall order though if anyone can do it it's a team that plays Grbic in goal.

The goals conceded away record is 55 by Wigan. We've let in 35 and with 4 games to go I would be surprised if we surpass that.

We have only kept one clean sheet so far this season and I would be surprised if we keep another. I do not know what the lowest clean sheet record is: could not find it from cursory research.

One positive thing we have an outside chance of doing with 7 games left is outscoring the 9th place class of 2019-20. They managed 39 goals and we currently have 30.

When you take the new injury time rules into account, we are playing the equivalent of a 42+ game season like Swindon did

I think we'll beat our 23 points total of the last time out in the PL. That's something I guess! As bad as this season has been, I still think that season was worse. We had 4/5 points at Christmas I think, even worse than this season and didn't win out first match until December or thereabouts.
4/5 points? Try 2.

We had 2 points at Christmas last time out.

Premier-League-Table-at-Christmas-2020-21-season.jpg

I think we can actually get 6 more points from the remaining 7 games..

H
Burnley - 3
Forest - 1
Spurs - 0

A
Brentford - 1
Man Utd - 0
Newcastle - 0
Everton - 1

Would be nice to find another 2 points to beat that other season though. Pressure on Man U, Newcastle and Spurs to smash us. Bryan and Burke scored at OT last time in a 2-1 win 🫣🤣

Andy Jacob’s on talk shite said it again today SUFC worst ever in prem . Fact Check you Chelsea supporting 🛎️ end
He’s a right thick prick with a real dislike for us. Add Simon Jordan to that list. What annoys me is they go unchallenged.

Fewest clean sheets is 3 currently held by derby , so we look on course to break at least 2 of derbys records, and perhaps another 2 , so pretty much one of the worst teams ever to play in the top flight , if not just based on points

He’s a right thick prick with a real dislike for us. Add Simon Jordan to that list. What annoys me is they go unchallenged.
Can’t afford the endless wait on the phone while they get round to answering. Fuck’em

I think we can actually get 6 more points from the remaining 7 games..

H
Burnley - 3
Forest - 1
Spurs - 0

A
Brentford - 1
Man Utd - 0
Newcastle - 0
Everton - 1

Would be nice to find another 2 points to beat that other season though. Pressure on Man U, Newcastle and Spurs to smash us. Bryan and Burke scored at OT last time in a 2-1 win 🫣🤣
I think we’re more likely to beat Spurs at home than Forest or Burnley.

Away I probably agree with 2 points but not sure which 2 games, we’re random as fuck this season in where we get points.

Back
Top Bottom