Sunderland confirmed as 2nd lowest points in Premier League history

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Weird isn't it? We've now got more points than 2 teams in the past managed, yet all the pundits/media/online wankers are still obsessed with describing us as "the worst ever." Just goes to show how much online football "punditry" is done by youtube-obsessed, FIFA-wanking kids who in reality know less than fuck all about the game.

Nothing against Sunderland but they seem to escape criticism in this regard because of their fantastic support which tbf they do have

I think we'll beat our 23 points total of the last time out in the PL. That's something I guess! As bad as this season has been, I still think that season was worse. We had 4/5 points at Christmas I think, even worse than this season and didn't win out first match until December or thereabouts.

We have now avoided defeat by one more game than in 20/21 and can't tie or exceed the 29 losses of that season. Somehow we managed to win seven games that season though, which I very much doubt we will match.

Of course we can ! Will we ?
Improved performances in recent weeks, feel if we can snatch a win vs Brentford (tough now they have Mbeumo Wissa and Toney back) or Burnley, might "Spur" us on to get results against Forest, Everton. Only games I can see really struggling is Spurs and Newcastle (although they are hot and cold)

If we'd not chucked four points away against Bournemouth and Fulham right now we'd all be talking about the great escape. Sad.
Yep. Then add in Villa away and the Luton debacle on Boxing Day and it’s down to goal difference with Forest. Mental the points we’ve thrown away.

Weird isn't it? We've now got more points than 2 teams in the past managed, yet all the pundits/media/online wankers are still obsessed with describing us as "the worst ever." Just goes to show how much online football "punditry" is done by youtube-obsessed, FIFA-wanking kids who in reality know less than fuck all about the game.
We could finish the season with more points than Burnley and STILL be The Worst Team in Premier League History™️

Has anyone got examples of all the praise that Kompany is getting this season? I saw a little bit at the start of the season, but nothing since then.
Nothing specific, but they aren't ever included in the conversations about "worst teams in history!!!" They are all of 3 points above us, in a season where we are both verging on historically bad. It's not "bladey blade-ness" to query why they seem to be getting a bit of a pass in these conversations. If they had a journeyman manager, who wasn't a media darling cos he played for City for a while, they would be getting the pelters that we are, and that we both deserve.

Back
Top Bottom