Summer 2024: Contracts who stays and who goes?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

YorkBlade

Reaction score
A run through of which players have their deals ending this summer, which have optional extensions as well as decisions over loans. I'd be interested in your thoughts on who we should keep and who won't have their deal renewed.

Quick video:

Also available as a podcast

Mcburnie - keep but doesn't sound like he wants to stay
Jebbison - who knows but ideally stay definitely a player in there
Norwood - Keep for 1 more season in championship
Egan - Keep
Baldock - Keep
Bogle - Keep

Rest can go for me

Mcburnie - keep but doesn't sound like he wants to stay
Jebbison - who knows but ideally stay definitely a player in there
Norwood - Keep for 1 more season in championship
Egan - Keep
Baldock - Keep
Bogle - Keep

Rest can go for me
Personally I’d draw a line under Norwood and hopefully replace him with some athleticism.
Rest I agree with

Davies- gone
Amissah- gone
Wes- gone
Bash- coaching staff
Egan- keep
Baldock- keep
Bogle- keep
Lowe- gone
RND- keep
Ozzy- gone
Norwood- gone
Mcburnie- gone
Jebbo- gone
Larouchi- gone
Macca- can't keep
Holgate- gone
Diaz- try best to keep
Archer- keep if we can

Massive rebuild needed this summer, is wilder the man to do it? Not for me!

Davies- gone
Amissah- gone
Wes- gone
Bash- coaching staff
Egan- keep
Baldock- keep
Bogle- keep
Lowe- gone
RND- keep
Ozzy- gone
Norwood- gone
Mcburnie- gone
Jebbo- gone
Larouchi- gone
Macca- can't keep
Holgate- gone
Diaz- try best to keep
Archer- keep if we can

Who then? At the very least Wilder will have worked with these players, potentially get some of them to resign. A new manager comes in, then its another total clean slate. We might end up worse than under Wilder.

I know that McBurnie really splits the fan base and he does seem like he's a very physical and motivated person.

However, if you had a top spec quality car that you'd paid top dollar for and it was breaking down every few weeks and back in the garage constantly what would you do?

Keep Egan & Baldock and let the rest go. McBurnie is a good Championship striker but he's far too unreliable now and think it's best for both parties if there's a fresh start.

Davies- gone
Amissah- gone
Wes- gone
Bash- coaching staff
Egan- keep
Baldock- keep
Bogle- keep
Lowe- gone
RND- keep
Ozzy- gone
Norwood- gone
Mcburnie- gone
Jebbo- gone
Larouchi- gone
Macca- can't keep
Holgate- gone
Diaz- try best to keep
Archer- keep if we can

Who would you recommended or want to manage this rebuild? Any new manager coming in with this size of task is on a hiding to nothing, personally im ok with Wilder see how he integrates the kids more.

Who then? At the very least Wilder will have worked with these players, potentially get some of them to resign. A new manager comes in, then its another total clean slate. We might end up worse than under Wilder.
That's what we need a total clean slate, what manager I don't know not my job to appoint managers but I would go with somebody younger and modern. Wilder is finished.

Who would you recommended or want to manage this rebuild? Any new manager coming in with this size of task is on a hiding to nothing, personally im ok with Wilder see how he integrates the kids more.
Not really had a good look into who would be available or he we'd be able to entice tbh. But we have to move away from this bullshit that the manager has to get us as a club its total bollox, Wilder is finished at the level we want to be at top end championship/prem survivor's. We need fresh/modern ideas to move this club forward.. get away from the fuckin 352 532 shit what ever you want to call it. Wilder can't!

Anyone injured more than 3 times a season can go.
Anyone getting old and past their best.
Anyone who's been here long enough an its time to say thank you and goodbye.

Difficult to say without understanding where we are in terms of budget and if we have a new Head of Recruitment and team in place. I know getting rid of them all is what some want to do, but with limited budget and looking at the pace we have done deals in recent windows, it seems fanciful that we would replace them in time for pre-season or in sufficient number.

As a general principle and given we’ll have a very young squad and consistency is key in the Champ I’d extend Egan, Baldock, Jebbo, Norwood (possibly) and I’d go McBurnie as well if we we don’t have the means to get a proven Champ striker in.

How many season's will it take to rebuild the Blades.
with the wages we will be saving i can see us looking at good young free tranfers and add a new striker to replace McB maybe moore from Bournemouth

Personally if we can re-sign Baldock, I'd be looking at getting a fee for Bogle. He's not ever going to be a Premiership quality defender, so if we sign Baldock with Curtis and Seriki as cover in the Championship, we are well served. Any money from Bogle could be very useful in a rebuild.

Personally if we can re-sign Baldock, I'd be looking at getting a fee for Bogle. He's not ever going to be a Premiership quality defender, so if we sign Baldock with Curtis and Seriki as cover in the Championship, we are well served. Any money from Bogle could be very useful in a rebuild.
It would definitely pay for the paint to tart up the new training ground canteen👍

with the wages we will be saving i can see us looking at good young free tranfers and add a new striker to replace McB maybe moore from Bournemouth
I think thats the way to go . Picking players up at the end of their contract who are young and more important who keep fit . Our fitness levels over the last few years has cost us dearly . It will be interesting how much Wilders has to spend ,not much i think ,but it is also important that we have the new players in place for pre season and not drop a bollock like this year giving rivals a 5 game start on us . Quality rather than quantity please ,there should be plenty of spare cash on the wages bill after the predicted mass clear out along with some quality loans we should be a sound outfit hopefully.

Bogle's out of contract. Sachdev I reckon will be the best youngster for RB.

Back
Top Bottom