SUFC Club statement

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Feel proper fed up tneet, thought cw would be in charge for many years to come. I suppose all good things come to an end. Don’t feel very optimistic or enthusiastic about next season. Hopefully the board have got a plan going forward but I’ll not hold my breath.

Just Sheffield United doing Sheffield United things. Feels like they’ve surpassed themselves today. Oh well. Onwards and erm...well.

U23s manager, Paul Heckingbottom, will take charge of Sunday's Premier League fixture at Leicester City, following the announcement of Chris Wilder's departure as Blades manager.

The former Barnsley, Leeds United and Hibernian manager will remain in charge for the remainder of the 2020-21 campaign.

Heckingbottom will be supported by former AFC Bournemouth manager Jason Tindall, Alan Knill and United's current backroom staff.

After overseeing Friday's 5-0 victory over Birmingham City in the Professional Development U23s League, taking the young Blades to top of Group A, Heckingbottom was asked to take over first team duties ahead of the visit to the King Power Stadium.

He told sufc.co.uk: "It is a great honour to be considered to lead this Club until the end of the season and I thank the Board for putting their trust in me. We have a lot of work to do, but have a great support network, all of whom will bring valuable knowledge and experience, as we look to finish the season strongly."

United's chief executive officer, Stephen Bettis, commented: "The appointment of Paul and the integration from development to senior level is testimony to the great work that is currently being done at the Academy. The Club sees the following months as an opportunity to further develop some of our talents at the Academy and to give them valuable time to train with the first team.

"Additionally, Jason has a fantastic pedigree and his fresh input will hopefully add a different dimension when he joins the Club on Monday. He will have a watching brief at Sunday's game at Leicester."

Tindall, who was pivotal in Bournemouth's rise from League Two to the Premier League, including three promotions, added: "It is a privilege to be asked to be involved and I'm looking forward to getting started. I've previously worked with a couple of the players before and have experience at this level, which I hope will be of benefit to Paul and the team."

Another statement... .
Underwhelmed but couldnt expect much else at moment. glad Knill still here for now and makes you think all about Wilder having enough. I just hope we use the time to find the right manager and isn’t an extended interview for heckingbottom and gets job if next few games sees an upturn in form

The king is gone, long live the king. Hold on tight kiddies, it's gonna be a ride to remember! HTK.. HTK!

To be fair to the board this has been engineered by CW , best wishes Chris ,but sufc now moves on
Absolutely this.

Whilst I have grave doubts about our owners Wilder APPEARS to have been a complete arsehole in all this.

I'm sad to see him go but no one is bigger than the club, and that definitely includes Wilder.

A sad day for SUFC

You live in a fucking cupboard or what?
What you gonna do go an boo the team club when we're back in the grounds? Take your shoes off in the car park? Half of you need to stop been muppets an just get behind the club like we always do. Chris is gone were all gutted but sufc is bigger for me than any manager or owner simple as.

No mention of the training ground in the statement, or does the academy cover that? To me they're separate entities atm.

Back
Top Bottom