Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U23 v Everton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is Staniland still 16? Thought he looked very composed if that was his first start, and he kept the ball extremely well. Good with both feet from what I could see.

Everton with Unsworth & Baxter in the dugout, played a very odd style, having almost 7 up front at times in the first half.

Took chances well with timely scoring, Blades had some good chances but weren’t clinical and looked short in midfield.

I think some are being a little harsh. I think that was the first start since last season for Seriki and Osula and only the second in about a year for Belehouan.

It was good to be at a game last night. Enjoyed a couple of beers in the Glassworks. Met a workmate - Evertonian - that I haven’t seen since we 1st went into lockdown. Obviously he was the happier at the end of the game.
The match itself was a bit disjointed from our point of view. We had lots of possession and goal threat, but lacked a bit of composure, and always looked susceptible to an Everton break. No Blades player really stood out for me as having a great game, but Brooks, Osula and Marsh (when he came on) did well. For Everton the No7, Quirk, had a decent game.

Some great contributions already on this thread. From YouTube watchers, cold feet live 'uns & Glassworks guzzlers. My Blog adds a bit of Chaz Staniland, a player audit from last September & a Wasp Nest. Hope you can spare the time.

And, you may also be interested in other recent SUFC & Non League Blogs & CBF Shenanigans.

Some great contributions already on this thread. From YouTube watchers, cold feet live 'uns & Glassworks guzzlers. My Blog adds a bit of Chaz Staniland, a player audit from last September & a Wasp Nest. Hope you can spare the time.

And, you may also be interested in other recent SUFC & Non League Blogs & CBF Shenanigans.

A 5% Bitter sounds interesting, I will have to pop over to The Glassworks one day.

A 5% Bitter sounds interesting, I will have to pop over to The Glassworks one day.
It's a great, you know what you're getting, pub. The family who run it really, really know their stuff & also employ good people. There's occasionally guest beers, but it's mainly Brampton. There's always a Beer Of The Week at £2.60 a pint.

That Wasp Nest was good, it was not as "ruby" as you'd expect a straight ahead English Bitter.

Here's how the Brampton website describes it...

A premium mid-amber ale with a sting in the tale. Rich malty flavour and sufficient Fuggles and Goldings hops to balance the ale to a Premium Bitter.

Golden Bud is sort of a core 3.8% pale of theirs. It's a good, consistent beer. They sell that on handpulls (strictly speaking Bright Beer rather than Cask) in the ground for Chesterfield home games, but not on U23 nights.

It's a great, you know what you're getting, pub. The family who run it really, really know their stuff & also employ good people. There's occasionally guest beers, but it's mainly Brampton. There's always a Beer Of The Week at £2.60 a pint.

That Wasp Nest was good, it was not as "ruby" as you'd expect a straight ahead English Bitter.

Here's how the Brampton website describes it...

A premium mid-amber ale with a sting in the tale. Rich malty flavour and sufficient Fuggles and Goldings hops to balance the ale to a Premium Bitter.

Golden Bud is sort of a core 3.8% pale of theirs. It's a good, consistent beer. They sell that on handpulls (strictly speaking Bright Beer rather than Cask) in the ground for Chesterfield home games, but not on U23 nights.

Good to know!, thanks mate. I like all sort of beers, but you don't see as many Bitters on the bars these days, mainly pale ales, so I keep an eye out for them.

Back
Top Bottom