Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U21 v Sheffield Wednesday (h)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

By the time that game comes around, our U21s should have played two more games.
Wednesday will have only played one game.
If results go our way, we may be reeling 'em in as they currently sit second. In a play off spot.

AnyRoadUp. It'll be a crucial game in deciding which Sheffield team finishes where in the U21 shake up.

Your routine reminder that Wednesday are the only one of the two clubs to have ever lifted the Professional Development League National Title.

So United go above Wednesday with a professional win against Bournemouth with goals from Oné and Macedo.

Both on 48 points but Blades have a +17 goal difference and 2 games in hand.

Even if we lose the derby next week, we can still claw it back with those matches in the back pocket.

The win brings us to within a point of first place Birmingham who have played 3 games more and have an inferior goal difference by 19.

Looking good for the end of season play offs.

Bournemouth and Millwall look like the top two for the Southern Division.

So United go above Wednesday with a professional win against Bournemouth with goals from Oné and Macedo.

Both on 48 points but Blades have a +17 goal difference and 2 games in hand.

Even if we lose the derby next week, we can still claw it back with those matches in the back pocket.

The win brings us to within a point of first place Birmingham who have played 3 games more and have an inferior goal difference by 19.

Looking good for the end of season play offs.

Bournemouth and Millwall look like the top two for the Southern Division.
Never mind that, how many fans did we take?

It was behind closed doors so none.

Wednesday would have taken more 🤣

I will add, the goal from Macedo had shades of Iliman vs Arsenal but from the other side.
I didn’t say it yesterday, but as you mention it, I felt there was an element of Iliman in Macedo’s play. It could have been a one off and he’ll never play like that again, but I liked what I saw.

I was also impressed by One, who had defenders bouncing off him and as he’s only 17, will keep growing for quite some time. He didn’t look particularly quick, but won the ball and held it up well, shades of Leon Clarke on the Trig Comparometer.

One maybe I’m just taken in by goalscorers :)

It doesn't matter, there taking 7000 to Blackburn. And in the Wendy's terminology points don't count its the amount of fans what matter 😂😂
The piggies are odd aren't they. Tbf you can't knock their away support, as it is consistently decent (nowhere near how they'd have you believe though - they aren't and never will be a Leeds or Sunderland). Their home support is average at best for what they perceive as a 'maaaaoooosive' club.

I honestly think the pigs are so desperate to be seen as one of the big boys (and I mean like top 6 big boys) by other fans that that is one of the main reasons for their away support generally holding it's numbers. Too many part-timers at Swillsborough for them to shout about owt, but away it's almost like an obsession for them to prove to the world what a huge club they are ...... woooooooh we are the Wendy, look at us, we are maaaaaoooosive.

It's like a compulsive lie, once you've started telling it, you can't turn back at any cost, you have to keep with it, otherwise people will realise it's a lie.

So Sheffield Wednesday supporters don't go to Away games to shout and cheer for their team. They don't go for the camaraderie. They don't go because Away days with their team are great fun. They don't go because they are committed and dedicated fans.

They go because ... (checks notes) ... no Sorry, I don't even fucking know what that's supposed to be after re-reading it multiple times.

I am VERY happy to say - the Carrier Bag Firm have much more in common with the committed and dedicated Away Day Owls than the fucking SWFC Away Day Number Numpties shit posting on this board.

Under 21s are at home Thursday if posters can find enough ludicrous reasons to go ...

They really are a strange bunch. The local rag and the little brain washed cultists who write their articles seem obsessed with writing about how many they are taking to whatever away fixture they have coming up and never ending articles about their fans in general. One even mentioned the the word 'Wednesdayism' as a means to describe supporting them. Its now an 'ism'. They also managed to mention the 'Miracle of Hillsborough' in the same article. They won that game 4-0 v the mighty Peterborough with an early penalty. So I suppose that is up there with turning water into wine and healing lepers etc. Bearing in mind that a 4-0 win (which really did flatter them on the day) at home against a fellow 3rd division side back in 1979 (so just the 45 years now) is still glowingly referred to as a 'Massacre' (rather than just a very good win) then it's clear that they do collectively have a penchant for exaggeration and hyperbole. That, or they are unhinged.

Hope we roast their little Piglets in the forthcoming mini derby.

I am VERY happy to say - the Carrier Bag Firm have much more in common with the committed and dedicated Away Day Owls than the fucking SWFC Away Day Number Numpties shit posting on this board.

Good for you. I'm sure we are all very happy for you being just how happy you are.

It just gets better and better....

But still not as good as your blog though no doubt. Anyway, shouldn't you be updating your online scrapbook about match number 79 or something and how wonderful Mrs McGurkins home made pickled onions were with the Ploughmans lunch you had with 2 pints of the Pixies Pussy in a pub somewhere in some non descript part of the country? All tremendous stuff. Glad your happy. 😊

No. Just a bit of a sad man. That will suffice.

Reactions: PBM
No thanks. I'm not interested enough. But do carry on with your scrapbook. The world loves a trier.

Is there a Wednesday version of Phil and his mates? I Bet they drink Worthingtons and wear sambas.

No thanks. I'm not interested enough. But do carry on with your scrapbook. The world loves a trier.
I try to write stories about sad obsessives who go to football
I can't emphasise enough
I make those stories up
You know, like Superman wasn't real. And he certainly wasn't faster than a speeding bullet

But, of course, I want these "sad men" to appear to be real to the reader. Even though they are not.

So, when you think it's me. When you think it's real. When you think I'm the Sad Man. When you think it's my "scrapbook". Then that's brilliant for me. Because it means my writing has made you believe it's real.

Best feedback a writer can get...

I try to write stories about sad obsessives who go to football
I can't emphasise enough
I make those stories up
You know, like Superman wasn't real. And he certainly wasn't faster than a speeding bullet

But, of course, I want these "sad men" to appear to be real to the reader. Even though they are not.

So, when you think it's me. When you think it's real. When you think I'm the Sad Man. When you think it's my "scrapbook". Then that's brilliant for me. Because it means my writing has made you believe it's real.

Best feedback a writer can get...

Take it however you want. In reality, it's because I take no interest in whatever you are rambling on about and have never read anything on your online scrapbook. So, sorry. Your 'writings' have done fuck all really (in my case anyway). But pat yourself on the back if you want if it gives you a nice fuzzy feeling. Let's share that love 💓

Take it however you want. In reality, it's because I take no interest in whatever you are rambling on about and have never read anything on your online scrapbook. So, sorry. Your 'writings' have done fuck all really (in my case anyway). But pat yourself on the back if you want if it gives you a nice fuzzy feeling. Let's share that love 💓
OK
We're done
You're arguing with a character
You're arguing with something made up
You're arguing with Phil
That's not me
My name is not Phil
Phil is a "thing" I invented

Incidentally, when we pitched the idea of the fictional Blog to the creative team at our Literary Agents, and to their Finance Dept for funding, we called the Blog a DIARY.

But, SCRAPBOOK captures it rather better I feel. I think we'll weave that in to how we describe the Blog in the future.

Under 21s at Home Thursday
Looking for a full Carrier Bag Firm turnout
No Runners

Is there a Wednesday version of Phil and his mates? I Bet they drink Worthingtons and wear sambas.
Because the Carrier Bag Firm is a very loose grouping of obsessives and weirdos, it does include people who drink the same thing every time they go to the pub.

The Wetherspoons sub group did include those who would only drink John Smith's and would often not say a word to each other during the entire afts.

Because of the 'spoons model, they have had to switch to Worthingtons. I mean. You've got to respect their lifestyle choices. But that's not for me.

Back
Top Bottom