Substitutions Cost Us

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It’s ironically a tactic designed to keep us in games and concede fewer rather than going toe to toe. We still conceded 4 though, again.

It does keep us in games longer I suppose
Its frustrating. If we had a solid defence and a team of Ben Osborne's who will run for days then it’s not a bad tactic but we don’t sadly. Expecting to win a game with 20-25% possession and a very questionable defence is a really tough ask for any team.

Shall we just run the players into the ground then?

First half we had 17% possession
As of now (89 mins) we’ve had 26%… we probably run more off the ball. So we have to make changes
Why not make simpler subs? Bogle looked knackered, so why not just put Curtis on.
It seems to be a common theme with CW, make a sub and move everybody around.

Lost all structure and composure going to a back 4 and norwood kept giving it away as usual. No wonder we concede 2 almost instantly. Not all down to him as the whole midfield was starting to tire and get a bit sloppier but it seemed to push us over the edge. Fair enough we have to make subs to protect players, but anyone but norwood. Every time he comes on it taints his time at the club a bit more.

I don't like to be critical of norwood because he's been a great player for us for a long time and is a big part of what we have achieved in recent times, but over the last season or 2 he's been in steady decline, the prem just highlights it even more. I'd rather us give an under experienced player a go than a player we know is going to be a yard off the pace and not sharp enough.

Sam curtis is on the bench and is an exciting prospect RB, could have kept the same structure that was working pretty well for the whole game then, blooded a young player with a few mins.

Because they scored it's easy enough to blame Norwood, but there were plenty of other defensive howlers they failed to punish.

Fortunately we had a goalkeeper in place this evening and almost nicked something, so most of the game was watchable, even if most of it was with my eyes shielded.

That said, the only excuse for bringing Norwood on at all would have been if Foderingham couldn't have continued following his injury, in which case he would at least have been a better option in that position then anything else we had on the bench

As much as I love Wilder and everything he has done for the club, I think that he has completely lost his marbles. In numerous matches this season when he is trying to close a game out he brings on Norwood. The same Norwood that he tells his boozy drinking buddies at his local pub is finished and should have been released ages ago.

So your problem isn’t that we conceded the goals then?
My problem is that we have a busted flush, stubborn as fuck manager who continuously makes bad tactical decisions and that we have an owner that has single handedly made us in to a complete laughing stock. For me it is the most embarrassing season since I have been a blade. Everything appears to be hunky dory for you though clearly.

My problem is that we have a busted flush, stubborn as fuck manager who continuously makes bad tactical decisions and that we have an owner that has single handedly made us in to a complete laughing stock. For me it is the most embarrassing season since I have been a blade. Everything appears to be hunky dory for you though clearly.

Yep that’s exactly what I said. Everything is absolutely fine. What a fantastic discussion.

Back
Top Bottom