Subs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThatJa

Bigger Blade than United's Arab Emirate
Reaction score
Next week hecky name nobody on the bench because you don't use them until its too late or if your forced to. 👍

Costs us every single week.

Playing long to Brewster (who looks like he’s won a raffle to get in the squad) was never going to work.
It wasn't but my point is he only uses subs when he's forced to or if we're already losing.

At 1-1 the game was there for the taking a couple or subs, slow the game down. We have a chance.

Brings osborn on after we go 2-1 down 🤦‍♂️

which of the super stars on the bench did you want to bring on?
Luton don't have superstars, but the subs they did bring on changed the game and they got a draw. Fresh legs makes a big difference, sometimes you don't need quality in these types of games.

Yes one superstar for another
Nobody is saying we have any superstars in the team never mind on the bench, only you mention ‘superstar’. You read the OP and replied who would you have brought on? Basically saying Hecky has no choice as there is no one on the bench. You’re talking absolute nonsense, Norwood has been poor in the 2nd half so I think anyone looking at the bench would think Slimane might have been a decent shout to come on. The OP is bang on, Hecky is very very reluctant to make a change unless it’s forced or when it’s too late.

He was better than Archer second half
Archer can’t be on the pitch without McBurnie it seems, Brewster is wank though, zero football intelligence. He’s going to be like Jon Forte or Andy Scott.

He had to bring on Brewster or Traore and I actually think there might be something about Brewster this season. But not playing alongside archer. Just won't work.

In fact as we have said McBurnie makes us play better up front. And without him we can't get things going up front.

As for the subs it was clear we needed a change before they scored. They'd been on top for most of the half. And it was only getting more inevitable. For me Traore for McAtee or Hamer might have been my first choice before they scored. Keep them him out wide but might give some fresh legs and pace.

Main issue for us though is the we don't have that much depth in quality when the squad is fit. And it's very very much not fit with 9 injuries to players that could be within a matchday squad.

I’m sorry, but you make your own luck & so Hecky is responsible for the horrendous injury list. That is totally unacceptable & if I was the owner he’d be gone on the back of that. Let’s not forget that his track record of injuries at his previous clubs is not much better. Fitness & conditioning are part of his staff’s responsibility and he has failed badly on that score.

Said in the match thread, we don't have any subs. Was it 3 senior players on the bench today, and the rest youth/development players?

Yea McBurnie coming off injured changed the game as Brewster is not a like for like replacement (we don't have one). Actually I think Brewster coming back from injury has improved the way we play as I noticed Archer has been much more mobile tracking back and closing down as he doesn't need to save so much energy knowing Brewster can come on for him around the 70 minute mark. Got all my fingers and toes crossed McBurnie just took a knock and won't miss any games 🤞🙏

We're just not good enough, it's as simple as that. I thought we played well and were at it but quality always prevails against us. This side wins championship imo, but prems another level these days

We played well until the 50th minute, Hecky didn't respond to this, just slowing the game down with a sub when Man U were in the ascendency could have made a whole load of difference.

So why do we have a team of midgets? Who's fault is that, I ask who signs players 5'10 and below to lead the line?????

Archer was decent first half though and still showed a bit 2nd.

Sadly when McBurnie went off so did our slim hopes of taking the game to them again. 1st half especially until they opened the scoring we were good value to probably lead.
He played well but was clearly tiring yet as usual no proactive changes from our management team.

Back
Top Bottom