"Stop being dickheads"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No, but then i never caused any to get banned.I wasnt even going to the game, I had a fight with a dickhead near the ground and had a ban imposed on me. Got a kicking from syp on BP forecourt, went to bring charges against a certain officer, but the cctv had dissapeared ! Got ban overturned a year later. Never had an issue with attending on a banning order, get tickets from a mate, its that easy !
Was it a fight over a Ginsters?

That's not really practical though. I doubt SYPD would be interested. Maybe the alternative would be an automatic custodial sentence for breaching a banning order. Then, if you were on one and breaching it, you'd keep your head down.
Keep your head down anyway the consequences can be dire.

Banning orders don't work...at all. Only for England away games as you have your passport taken from you. When you get a ban, you should have to report to the police station 30 mins before the game, thats the only way you can keep them away.

What if you've drawn Niaragra in the cup?

"We simply will not tolerate the unsportsmanlike and illegal conduct of a few to spoil things for the large majority who come along to simply watch and enjoy a football game on a Saturday afternoon."

Yes Norwich did spoil my enjoyment,because there was no football to enjoy.

Unless it's kidney punching a disabled, hermaphrodite dwarf I'm against all violence. Lockemup.

I would like to express my condemnation for the bottle-throwers on Saturday. Both of them missed by a mile. Such a shoddy level of accuracy has no place at Sheffield United.
Not be a problem for much longer mate. When we went to Wembley for the England game, security make you remove all bottle tops. I asked why and he says without a top the bottle is no longer a missile and it is coming to all league grounds imminently.

It's something which has been creeping in over the last few years and at a time when we are on the up I'm falling out of love with watching football to be honest.

It's embarrassing that grown adults can't have a few beers and go to a match without acting like complete scum!

I am not condoning the actions of the few who threw missiles and caused trouble after the game but I doubt any of this would have happened if their keeper had not continually tried to antagonise our fans and their players had not dived and time wasted at every opportunity. Their keeper in particular was a disgrace.

I never expected a match v Norwich to be such a bad tempered affair but then again I didn't realise their team was full of twats.

I certainly think that the punishment should be more lenient if you can prove that the crime was ironic or satirical.

Like throwing a bottle of piss into the away end on 44 minutes as a tribute to Samir Carruthers or something.
Don't fuck about with the morons just ban em for life

I am not condoning the actions of the few who threw missiles and caused trouble after the game but I doubt any of this would have happened if their keeper had not continually tried to antagonise our fans and their players had not dived and time wasted at every opportunity. Their keeper in particular was a disgrace.

I never expected a match v Norwich to be such a bad tempered affair but then again I didn't realise their team was full of twats.
These actions wouldn't have occurred if people weren't twats. So what if their keeper was acting up, time wasting, waving at his auntie?
Does that mean of a player scores a hat-trick against us he's fair game for the dickheads too?

The only cause of the violence and people throwing stuff was their own appalling lack of any standards of proper behaviour. They have no excuse for behaving like twats, other than just being twats. They deserve any punishment the law and subsequently the club dishes out.

The club must take some of the blame.
No coppers outside the Lane End really the only place they need them
None nowhere when it kicked off cost cutting backfired.

These actions wouldn't have occurred if people weren't twats. So what if their keeper was acting up, time wasting, waving at his auntie?
Does that mean of a player scores a hat-trick against us he's fair game for the dickheads too?

The only cause of the violence and people throwing stuff was their own appalling lack of any standards of proper behaviour. They have no excuse for behaving like twats, other than just being twats. They deserve any punishment the law and subsequently the club dishes out.

Spot on. How can their players doing a bit of time wasting justify some of our brain dead numpties storming the away end. I just don't get this mentality at all. I can just about get my head around like minded groups of idiots scrapping but not this.

Spot on. How can their players doing a bit of time wasting justify some of our brain dead numpties storming the away end. I just don't get this mentality at all. I can just about get my head around like minded groups of idiots scrapping but not this.

Because mate, IMHO, there is a significant minority of people in this country who are just waiting for an opportunity to lose their shit about anything. Diving footballers, Brexit not being what they thought it was going to be, you name it, they just need an excuse.

There's plenty in life I'm fucked off about, but don't feel the need to do what they do. It is what it is, and when I get my ticket punched none of it is going to matter one jot.

The club must take some of the blame.
No coppers outside the Lane End really the only place they need them
None nowhere when it kicked off cost cutting backfired.
Isn't placing the police outside the ground a police decision?

Isn't placing the police outside the ground a police decision?

Yep. The police are responsible for law and order on the streets. The club has the option of stewards or police inside the ground. If it's the former then they have to follow the police guidelines on OTT segregation. If its the latter then there's less segregation but a huge bill for policing. The question that's been asked but never answered is where do all the coppers disappear to after the game. Prior to kick off there must be 50 or 60 on Bramall Lane and trouble rarely kicks off as fans are either in the ground or in the pub. When both sets of fans converge en-masse onto Bramall Lane at full time there is rarely a copper to be seen. This is the issue which needs addressing.

No disrespect but your post should have ended just before that first "but".

The statement from the club strikes exactly the right note. We have one of the biggest games of the season coming up this Sunday and anyone who thinks he's aiding United's cause by attending and looking to beat seven bells out of a Wednesdayite is seriously deluded, whatever happens on the pitch.

I'm going out for a pre-match pint on Saturday night with a Wednesday-supporting mate who lived three doors down from me when I was a kid and who used to come to Bramall Lane with me to watch Tony Currie. He loved him. By the same token, I'd go to Hillsborough with him to Wednesday games - I stood with him on the roofless Kop and we got soaked together the night Man City relegated them in 1970. It was before all the hate started and they were better times.

Banning orders don't work...at all. Only for England away games as you have your passport taken from you. When you get a ban, you should have to report to the police station 30 mins before the game, thats the only way you can keep them away.

I once found myself sat next to someone who got removed by plod. He'd done nothing wrong but the CCTV had picked him out as a banning order recipient. Not sure how common that is.

I once found myself sat next to someone who got removed by plod. He'd done nothing wrong but the CCTV had picked him out as a banning order recipient. Not sure how common that is.
Probably quite common, however, you are issued with a banning orders id card, for mine i grew facial hair and shaved my head. looked nothing like me, i just looked like a thug. Did the trick.Never did i get spotted at the lane.

Back
Top Bottom